Unit7 Will people have robots?
on computer在电脑上 on paper 在纸上 live to do 200 years old 活动200岁
free time 空闲时间 in danger 处于危险之中 on the earth 在地球上 look for寻找
play a part in sth.参与某事 space station太空站 get bored感到厌烦的in the future在未来 computer programmer电脑编程员 hundreds of许多；成百上千the same…as…与……一样
over and over again多次；反复地 wake up醒来 fall down倒塌 will+动词原形 将要做……
fewer/more+可数名词复数 更少/更多…… less/more+不可数名词 更少/更多……
have to do sth. 不得不做某事 agree with sb.同意某人的意见 such+名词（词组）如此的……
play a part in doing sth. 参与做某事 There will be + 主语+其他 将会有……
There is/are +sb./sth.+doing sth.有……正在做某事 make sb. do sth. 使某人做某事
help sb. with sth.帮助某人做某事 try to do sth.尽力做某事 world peace世界和平
It’s+ adj.+for sb. to do sth. 对某人来说，做某事……的。 in 100 years 100年后
less pollution 更少的污染 study on computers通过电脑学习 use the subway less少用地铁
a book about the future一本关于未来的书move to…搬去(某地) for example例如
fly rockets to the moon乘火箭去月球 take a holiday 度假 fly up into the sky在天空中遨游
1.-Will people use money in 100 years? –No, they won’t. 2. There will be fewer trees.
3. What will the future be like? 4. It takes (sb.) some time (to do sth.) (做某事)要(某人)多少时间
1. -Do you think there will be more robots in people’s homes?- Yes, there will.
2. -What’s your prediction about the future? –I think there will be more pollution.
3. I don’t think so. 4. Sounds cool. 5. –Will there be world peace? -Yes, I hope so.
6. What will the future be like? 7. Well, no one knows what the future will be like.
四.语法: will do的一般将来时表达
1.will do 用于各句式参照所发语法资料
2. be going to do和will do
be going to一般表示对将来的主观的某种意图或打算计划;而will通常表示单纯的、客观
倾向或习惯性的、经常反复发生的动作.另外,be going to通常表示较近的将来;而will表示
的将来时间则较远一些. I’m going to work late tonight and I won’t be home for dinner.
1.free意为“免费的”. 如:You’ll get a free gift of an MP4 if you buy this computer now.
free还有“自由的:空闲的”之意. Are you free this afternoon? He wants to be free.
free表示 “自由的”时有比较等级的变化: “freer, freest”;表示“免费的;空闲的”时没有比较等
级的变化. She thinks that women should be freer.
2.“live to be+年龄”意为“活到……岁” His grandpa lived to be 80.
live to do sth.通常表示“为做某事而活”,后面的不定式表示目的.
Eat to live, but do not live to eat. 吃是为了活着,但活着绝不是为了吃.
般用于一般将来时,对其提问要用“How soon”in 100 years意为 “100 年以后”,指以现在为
起点的100年以后. -How soon will your mother be back? -My mother will be back in 2 days.
②after表示以过去的某一个时间为起点,意为“过……之后”,其后即可接时间点,又可以接时间段. 如: He came back after two days. She left there after three o’clock that afternoon.
但是,如果after用于一般将来时,其后应接时间点. 如: I think he will come here after 3 o’clock. ③later是副词,表示“一段时间之后”,构成“一段时间+later”短语,表示从过去或将来算起的多久以后,但通常不指从你现在算起的多久以后.
I called again a week later. I’ll call her on April 1st and will call again a week later.
4. prediction是名词 “预报；预言”
He was unwilling to make a prediction for the coming year. 他不愿对来年作出预言。
5. play a part意为“参与(某事)”play a part in doing sth.意为 “参与做某事”
play a part in还可指 “在……中起作用”,相当于play a role in,这些都不是特指,特指时需将“a”换成“the” Education can play a part in it.教育可以在其中起到作用.
sb. spend(s)+时间/金钱 on sth. sb. spend(s)+时间/金钱 (in) doing sth.
Mr. Brown spent most of his time on books/(in) buying books.
②take意为“花费”,其主语是物,常用于句型:It takes +sb. some time/money to do sth. sth.+ takes sb.+ some time/money
It took us ten minutes to go to the station. The visit to the town took me two hours.
7. I will fly rockets to the moon.我会乘火箭去月球.
fly rockets意为“乘火箭飞行” fly----flies----flying----flew Can you fly a plane? fly还可以作不及物动词,意为“飞,飞行,(时间)飞逝”
How time flies. Birds fly in the sky.
8. space意为“太空”,一般不与冠词连用in space在太空
space还有“空间”的意思,为不可数名词. There isn’t enough space for the desk in my room. 有时” Sometimes I do some reading, and sometimes I help Mom do housework. 几次;几倍” Though he is very young, he has been to Shanghai some times. 某时” I’m busy now, we maybe can talk about it sometime next week. 一段时间” After you finish your homework, you can watch TV for some time.
A: already ① 表示“已经”,通常用于肯定句中,不用于否定句或疑问句中,用也用yet
He has already started. He has not started yet.
② 有时也用于疑问句,但往往含有问话人希望得到肯定回答或含有惊讶或怀疑之意. Has she gone to bed already?
B: yet一般用在疑问句或否定句中:在疑问句中意为“已经”;在否定句中意为“还”,常常放在句末. –Have you found that book yet? 你已经找到那本书了吗? -Not yet.还没有.
C: still意为 “任然,还”,表示某事尚在进行中.常用于肯定句中,也可以用在疑问句或否定句中,在否定句中需放在否定词not之前.它用于各种句式. They are still working in the field. Do you still teach in the school? Mr. Wang still hasn’t come back.
11. bored意为“厌烦”,是形容词,主语通常是人,指某人对某物的感受.boring意为 “令人感到无聊的,令人厌烦的”,主语通常是物,指事物本身令人厌烦.
类似bored和boring的用法的词有: interested和interesting; excited和exciting; surprised和surprising; pleased和pleasing
I don’t believe his story. I don’t believe he told us the truth.
I don’t believe that he will win.我相信他不会赢
I don’t believe she will like the idea.我相信他不会喜欢这个主意.
②在简略答语中,一般不单独用believe,而用I believe so.或I don’t believe so./I believe not. -Do you believe he will come? -No, I don’t believe so./ I believe not./I believe so.
believe sb.指相信某人的话 believe in sb.指信任某人的为人
I can believe him, but I can not believe in him.我相信他说的话是真的,但是我不相信他的为人.
13.wake up意为“醒来”,wake sb. up意为“把某人唤醒”,代词必须放在wake与up之间.
“hundreds of+名词复数”表示“数百的……”时,hundred后加s,其前不加具体数字. 但“数词+hundred+名词复数”表示具体的“几百……”时,hundred后不加s,也不加of. There are hundreds of students in hour school.
但是当其后面的名词有了the, these, those等限定词的修饰时,或其后接的是us, them等这样的人称代词时,则必须加介词of. About three hundred of them have left there.
15.Some will look like humans, and others might look like animals.
some… and others…意为“一些...另一些…”
There are many students in the classroom. Some are reading, and others are writing.
one… the other…意为 “一个…另一个…”
I bought two books, one was for my sister, the other was for my friend.
seem+ 形容词 好像…… It seems that…看来,似乎……
to be / to do好像(做) …似乎有…
The man seems healthy. =It seems that the man is healthy.=The man seems to be healthy.
17. during, in 和for
His Chinese teacher will give him some homework to do during the holiday.
②during表示一段时间,其长度明确,起止分明,后面连接精确说明时间长度的词.强调某事持续了一段时间. I have been to Beijing three times during the three weeks.
③for表示一段时间,不特定或长度不明确,后面连接表示不特定的时间或期间的词. Tom has been in Beijing for three years.
1. I hear there____ a meeting tomorrow afternoon.
A. will have B. have C. will be D. will
2. It’s_____ for them to swim in the river. They should leave at once.
A. safe B. dangerous C. simple D. happy
3. We can see many stars in the___. It will be a Sunday day tomorrow.
A. earth B. river C. sky D. hole
4. The chairperson received about three ____ applications to join the Bird watching Club.
A. hundred B. hundreds of C. hundred of D. hundreds
5. Mr. Green went to see his family in Shanghai. He _____ back in six days.
A. is B. was C. is being D. will be
6. The summer vacation will begin next week. David _____ to stay with us.
A. will be coming B. comes C. came D. is coming
7.-What’s your plan for the coming vacation? - I ___ to Hong Kong to see my uncle.
A. flies B. flying C. am flying D. flew
8. I think people here are friendly. Do you agree____ me?
A. with B. to C. on D. from
9. Japanese companies have already made robots____.
A. to walk and dance B. walking and dancing C. walk and dance D. walked and danced
10. - I need ____ to write_____ now. – Here you are.
A. two papers; in B. two pieces of paper; on C. two paper; on D. two pieces of paper; in
11. The computer is broken._____ it _____ today?
A. Will; repair B. Has; repaired C. Will; be repaired D. Has; been
12. -What’s the_____ of the red ball? –It’s round
A. name B. shape C. color D. size
13. -What are you doing in the room? -I’m____ my pens.
A. looking after B. looking out C. long for D. looking up
14. -Let’s play a part______ the room. – That sounds great.
A. clean B. cleaning C. to clean D. in cleaning
15. -Excuse me. Do you know _____ to buy some pears?
–Sure, there’s a supermarket next to the post office.
A. where I can go B. who will help me C. what I should take D. when is the right time
16. Look at the black clouds over here. It ____ that it will rain soon.
A. seems B. feels C. sounds D. smells
17.-Jack, you are weak in English. You must work hard. – I see. I believe I will___ learn English well.
A. can B. could C. be able to D. have to
18. - Will there be a robot in everyone’s home in the future? -______.
A. Yes, there is B. No, there isn’t C. Yes, there won’t D. Yes, I think so
19. -Will people have more time? -_____. They can do everything they want.
A. No, they won’t B. No, there won’t C. Yes, there will D. Yes, they will
20. If we follow his plan, we can do the job better with______ money and _____ people.
A. less; less B. fewer; fewer C. less; fewer D. fewer; less
21.-_____ will Kate arrive here? - In 10 minutes.
A. How soon B. How long C. How often D. How many
22. Finish your homework, or I _____ let you watch TV.
A. don’t B. will C. won’t D. didn’t