从每小题所给的A 、B、 C、 D 四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
31. --- Mum, I’m very hungry. Is there ______that can be eaten left in the fridge?
A. something B. anything C.nothing D. everything
32. She can’t get ______ scores, because she doen’t work hard , sometimes she can’t finish her homework carefully.
A. fewer B. less C. lower D. higher
33. --- Can you come to my birthday party next Sunday?
--- ______. You are my best friend.
A.That’s all right. C. Have aa good time.
C. Yes, I’d love to. D. Yes, please.
34. --- Have you improved your spoken English?
--- Not yet. I’ll try my best ______ I am not good at it now.
A. until B. although C. but D.since
35. He was very happy because the company ______ him a new job.
A. provided B. offered C. showed D. took
36. How brave Jack is ! He swam ______ the Pacific Ocean on his own.
A. by B. past C. across D. through
37. --- Ouch! This toothbrush smells strange!
--- Oh, it isn’t ______. It is ______.
A. my, your B. mine, yours C. your, my D. yours, mine
38. --- We’ll have a trip to the Great Wall in our summer holiday.
--- ______! I’m looking forward to visiting it.
A. Terrible B. Fantastic C. Beautiful D. Clever
39. --- We’ll go into the deep hole to explore it.
--- ______! Safety is first.
A. Look out B. Get ready C. Come on D. Stay behind
40. --- Oh, I have never seen such a lovely present in my life. Thank you very much. --- ______.
A. It’s very kind of you. B. You’re welcome.
C. It’s nothing. D. That’s a small case.
41. --- Help me! I can’t carry these bags.
--- Oh, wait for a moment! I ______ the phone call.
A. am answering B. answered C. was answering D.have answered
42. --- Hurry up, or we can’t catch the train.
---We ______be in such a hurry, there’ s still half an hour left before the train takes off.
A. should B. need’t C. must D. can’t
43. ---Why would you like to go to the rocket show?
--- Because I want to know ______ the spaceship will come into space and back again.
A. how B. why C. must D. Can’t
44. Knowledge is power. For us teenagers , ______ , we should study hard and make progress every day so that we can have a better future.
A. at last B. above all C. after all D. in all
45. --- There is too much cloud in the sky, ______ it is going to rain.
--- I think so. You’d better bring a raincoat when you go out.
A. in case B. so that C. after all D. as if
46. --- Which kind of ways do you like to get in touch with your friends, Weibo or QQ? --- ______. I am in Grade Nine and I am busy getting ready for axams.
A. Either B. Both C. Neither D. None
47. --- Why didn’t you go to the charity(慈善) show ？
--- Because I was very poor, so I could’t ______ too much money to the poor.
A. give away B. take up C. make up D. put away
48. Nancy said ______ to her mother that she won the first place at the 800-mete race.
A. Proudly B. angrily C. nosily D. sadly
49. Johnson likes singing songs very much. He ______ always ______ sings in his room.
A. Was, heard to sing B. is, heard to sing
C. will, he heard to sing D. has, been heard to sing
50. --- He could’t come to enjoy the concent because ha had an important meeting to attend.
--- ______! The concent was very wonderful.
A. How high B. That’s nice to me
C. What fun D. What a pity
Health and exercise are like the two sides of the same coin, and they should not be separated. We all know that the human body is of all kinds of organs (器官), and each of the organs different functions (功能). If the organs in one’s body don’t work well, lie will not be healthy and may get easily. But how can we make our organs work properly. The answer is simple: exercise!
The organs in a person’s body can become stronger after enough every day. The stronger your organs are, the better are able to fight off (抵抗) disease. So you will not get sick easily. If you exercise, your bones will become look better. Exercise makes your heart better, and as a result, the blood flows faster and takes more nutrition (营养) to different parts of the make you feel energetic and active. enough exercise, the organs become healthier, and then the body becomes healthier.
Exercise is a good way to keep healthy, and everybody can do it no matter how old they are. So you want to keep healthy, you should do exercise every day.
51. A. made over B. made into C. made off D. made up
52. A. has B. have C. is D. are
53. A. disease B. fever C. sick D. illness
54. A. rest B. exercise C. practice D. entertainment
55. A. there B. they C. hearts D. ears
56. A. stronger B. thinner C. taller D. bigger
57. A. behave B. act C. work D. play
58. A. width B. health C. length D. body
59. A. For B. Before C. With D. Past
60. A. if B. though C. as D. whether
There was a red rose in a forest where many kinds of trees and plants grew.
The rose said, “I am the most beautiful pant in the __cactus (仙人掌) and said, “Look at that ugly pant. It is thorns (刺)！” One tree said, “Red rose, what kind of talk is this? Who can say beauty is ? You have thorns,
too.” The proud red rose said angrily, “ You can not my thorns to that of the cactus.”
Summer was coming. The pants and animals needed more water, but no rain fell. One day, thee rose saw some birds holes in the cactus and fly away. The red rose asked the tree what the birds were doing. The tree that the birds got water from the cactus. “Does the cactus not hurt when they make holes? ” asked the rose. “ Yes, but the cactus does not want to see any bird suffer(受苦),” replied the tree, “and you can also ” from it. The bird can bring water to you if you ask the cactus for help.”
Then the cactus kindly agreed and the birds water to the rose. The red rose felt so for her past words and behaviour. Thus the rose learned a lesson and never judged anyone by their appearance again.
61.A. forest B. river C. town D. village
62.A. looked over B. looked through C. looked at D. looked up
63.A. angry with B. full of C. proud of D. pleased with
64.A. who B. how C. which D. what
65.A. compare B. complete C.match D. fill
66.A. dig B. do C. make D. break
67.A.showed B. said C. told D. explained
68.A. drink B. eat C. smell D. taste
69. A.took B. brought C. bought D. sold
70.A. happy B. sad C. satisfied D. sorry
根据对话内容，从方框内的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。其中有两个为多余选项。 A:What are you going to do this weekend?
B: I’m going to Wild Animal Zoo with my friends.
B: Yes, I have been there twice. Oh, would you like to join us?
A: Join you?
B: I find there is lots of rubbish in the park. It looks dirty.
A: Yes, I do.
A: Good idea ! We should do something to make our city more beautiful. B: We will go there by bike at about 8 in the morning.
A: OK. I’ll go and meet you at the gate of the park.
One of the most famous scientists to study adaptations (适应) was Charles Darwin. He was born in England in 1809. He wasn’t the best student in his school, but when he was 16, his father sent him to a medical school. Charles liked spending time outdoors observing nature more than attending medical classes. He dropped out without
Next, Charles’s father sent him to school to become a minister (牧师). This time he made it to graduation. But he didn’t want to do the work of a minister. His friends encouraged him to follow his interest in science.
After graduation, Charles was invited to sail on the Beagle as an unpaid scientist. He wasn’t the first choice, but he was the lucky one to go. The Beagle was to travel to South America and then around the world. The crew' s task was to make maps of the places they visited.
On December 27th, 1831, Charles Darwin sailed from England on the Beagle. The trip was planned to last two years. In fact, it lasted five. During this time, he saw many amazing things. He collected lots of plants and animals and took them back to England to study.
Twenty-three years later, Darwin published an important scientific paper with another man named Wallace. Darwin described how some animals have adaptations that help them survive. They are passed on to offspring (后代). Darwin’s ideas about adaptations are still very important to the study of living things.
76. Darwin was very interested in____________.
A. attending medical classes B. the work of a minister
C. sailing around the world D. science
77. The Beagle was a(an)___________.
A. ship B. plane C. plant D. animal
78. When Darwin published the scientific paper, he was_____ years old.
A. twenty-three B. twenty-two C. forty-five D. fifty
79. The underlined word “they” in the last paragraph refers to(指的是)_________.
A. adaptations B.Darwin and Wallace C. animals D.Darwin's ideas
80. Which of the following is true?
A. Darwin graduated from a medical school.
B. Some animals have adaptations so that they can survive.
C. arwin published a scientific paper by himself．
D. Darwin was first chosen to sail on the Beagle
Choose the best choice from A、B or C according to what you read.
81. What do you think of Medull?
A. Exciting B. Silly but cute C. Funny D. Happy
82. Mr. Li finishes his lessons at 22:00, which film can be enjoy on Thursday evening?
A. Rush Hour B. My life as Medull C. Mr. Bean D.Harry Potter III
83. My son is nine years old, which two films does she like best, can you guess?
A. Rush hour and My life as Mcdull.
B. My life as Medull and Mr. Bean.
C. Mr. Bean and Harry Potter III
D. Harry Potter III and My life as Medcull.
84. What kind of movie is Mr. Bean?
A. Action Movie B. Cartoon. C. Comedy D. Science Fiction
85. Which character(人物角色) is from China?
A. Harry Potter. B. Jackie Chan C. Rowan D. Medull
On the first day of college, our teacher asked us to get to know someone who we didn’t know.
I stood up to look around when a hand touched my shoulder. I turned around to find an old lady. She smiled at me and said, "Hello, my name is Rose. I’m eighty-seven years old."I was surprised and asked, "Why are you in college?"
"I always dreamed of having a college education and now I’m getting one!"she told me. After class we walked together and shared what we had. We became good friends. Rose became a campus icon（校园偶像）and she easily made friends wherever she went. At the end of the term, we invited Rose to make a speech. I’ll never forget what she taught us. She said, "There are some secrets to staying young, being happy and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You’ve got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die. We have so many people walking around who are dead and don’t even know it! There is a great difference between growing older and growing up. Anybody can grow older. That doesn’t take any talent（才艺) or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding the opportunity (机遇） in change."
One week after graduation Rose died peacefully. Over two thousand college students attended her funeral. They came to honor the wonderful woman who taught that it’s never too late to be all you can possible be.
86. According to the passage, ______ was the campus icon.
A. Rose B. The writer
C. The writer's teacher D. A college student
87. Why did Rose go to college?
A. Because she wanted to be famous.
B. Because she wanted to give a speech.
C. Because she wanted to get a college education.
D. Because she had too much time.
88. The secrets of Rose staying young are ______.
A. being happy and never giving up
B. being happy and achieving success
C. being successful and kind
D. achieving success and being friendly
89. When did Rose die?
A. One week after graduation B. When she was 87
C. When she went to college D. After she gave a speech
90. Which sentence is not right according the passage?
A. It's never too late to be all you can possible be
B. You have to laugh and find humor every day.
C. We shouldn't lose our dreams.
D. People know when they'll die
If anyone is smoking then the smoke they blow out into the air can be breathed in by anyone who is near to them..
The smoker is actively choosing to breathe in this smoke.People nearby are passive smokers because they are actually breathing in the smoke,although they do not choose to smoke.
What is in the smoke?
Scientists’ studies show that there can be around 4,000chemicals in cigarette smoke.They can be breathed in by anyone near a smoker.They can also stick to clothe,hair,skin,walls and furniture.Tar(焦油) has many chemicals in it,some of which can cause cancer.
Carbon ,monoxide (一氧化碳) reduces the amount of oxygen(氧气) in blood,so people can develop heart disease.The amount of carbon monoxide is not enough to cause any immediate effects in passive smokers(such as feeling tired),but over a long time the effects can cause heart disease,
What the laws say about smoking:
In Australia there are now warming on cigarette packers about the dangers of smoking. Many public places are no smoking areas.
Many countries have organization(组织) like QUIT which will help people to give up smoking.
Cigarette advertisements on TV,in newspapers and on cigarette packets.
You have to be 18 years old to buy cigarettes in many countries.
What can you do about it?
Move away from cigarette smoke.
Talk to your parents about passive smoking.
If your patents are smokers,ask if they can make the house smoke-free zones. Go into your room if someone is smoking in the house,.
Encourage the smokers in your family to give up smoking.
38. If anyone who is smoking is near to you,You will be a ______..
A. passive smoker B.sick man(woman) C.smoker D.scientist
92.According to the passage,the chemicals can stick to______.
A.clothes and hair B.skin and wall C.furniture D.A,B and C 93If the passive smokers breathe in the smoke over a long time,they may cause______.
A.heart disease B.blood disease
C.throat cancer D.stomachache
94 Which sentences is NOT TRUE?
A.If someone is smoking in your house,you may go into your own room.
B.Encourage the smokers in your families to give up smoking.
C.Many schools run anti-smoking programs.
D.There are not anti- smoking advertisements on TV.
95Which could be the best title for the passage?
A. Keeping away from the smoker. B.Say no to smoking.
C.The laws of stopping smoking. D.Never be a smoker.
96. Mr Hu told me that he had booked two train t __________（票）to Tibet.
97. All the information can be __________（储存）in the computer to keep safe.
98. My father’s f__________（四十）birthday happens to be on Father’s Day.
99. This magazine must be Bill’s. Look.His name is on the c__________（封面）. 100. It’s very n__________（必要的）to look over your paper carefully.
某校报正在开展“勤俭节约”征文活动。请你根据以下提示，以“Say No to Waste”为题，
Say No to Waste
We are in good living conditions. Some resources（资源）are rich in China. But waste can be seen everywhere. __________________________________________________
1-10 BCCBB CDBAB 11-20 ABABD CAABD
51-60 DACBB ACDCA 61-70 ACBDA CDABD
76-80DACAB 81-85BADCB 86-90 ACBAD 91-95 ADADB
96. tickets 97. stored 98. fortieth 99. cover 100. necessary
We are in good living conditions. Some resources（资源）are rich in China. But waste can be seen everywhere. So what should we do? First, we must never forget to turn off the tap after using water. Second, when we leave the classroom, we must remember to turn off the lights. Third, we shouldn’t waste anything while eating.
As a student, I do a lot of things to say no to waste. For example, I go to school by bike or on foot instead of taking the bus. What's more, I never throw away the used textbooks and leave them to the students of lower grades. There is no denying that never using plastic bags is also helpful, so I always take bags when I go shopping.