1. I am ______(surprise) at the news. What about you?
2. When I passed the driving test, I thought I was the_____(luck) person in the world.
3.The little boy is ______(kind) to his classmates, so nobody likes him.
4. What do you think about the air __________(pollute) in your hometown?
5. Danny and Daniel are brothers, and their_____(wife) are sisters. That’s interesting.
1. The old woman is crying______(悲伤). What happened to her?
2. I’ve______(刚刚) known it. Sorry to hear that.
3. Kitty got______(结婚) last year. Her husband is a computer programmer.
4. The plane ______(降落) at six this morning. Everything was OK.
5. How many ______(街区) are there in your hometown?
1. －What’s on TV?
－Chairman Hu Jintao is having an i________ with President George Bush.
2. －My teeth hurt again, Mum.
－Go to see a d________ this time, OK?
3. －Do you know Hu Ronghua?
－Of course. He’s good at playing Chinese c_______.
4. Taiwan I_______ is the biggest one in China. Do you know?
5. －Do you think what c_________ the accident?
－The bad weather.
1.—Where is Mr Green now ? I haven’t seen him for a few days .
—He _____ to Hong Kong .
A. goes B. will go C. is going D. has gone
2.－I've got an job in New York.
－Oh, ________! But I'm going to miss you.
A. that's too bad B. I'm sorry C. I beg your pardon D. that's great
3.－ Is your father in?
－ No, he ______ for three hours.
A. was out B. has been out C. went out D. has gone out
4.－Excuse me, does Mr Smith’s son live here?
－He _________ be here, but he has moved.
A. has to B. used to C. tried to D. happened to
5.－Have you written anything on Chinese traditional food so far?
－__________, but I have a plan for it.
A. Ever since B. Later on C. Not yet D. From now on
6. －Why not go to see the dolphin show with me?
－Because I _______ it.
A. saw B. will see C. see D. have seen
7. Timmy goes to school __________ every day . It’s 5 minutes’ walk from his home to school .
A. in a bus B. by MTR C. on foot D. by tram
- 1 -
8. －______ he______ at this school last term?
－Yes, I think so.
A. Did, study B. Has, studied C. Was, study D. Did, studied
9.______Lei Feng is no longer living, his spirit lives on today.
A. If B. When C. Although D. Because
10.The old man lives ____ in a _____ house, but he doesn’t feel_____.
A. alone, alone, lonely B. lonely, lonely, alone C. alone, lonely, lonely D. alone, lonely, alone III.句型转换
1. I saw the film 2046 just now.(用just做状语)
I _____ just_____ the film 2046.
2. I’ve read this book.(改为一般疑问句)
____ ____ read this book?
3. She’s already done her homework.(改为否定句)
She____ ____ her homework _____.
_____ ____ _____you known him?
5. Has Danny come?(作否定回答)
1. Actually he didn’t know it at all.
_____ _____ he didn’t know it at all.
2. Mary married Simon in 1999.
Mary and Simon ____ _____ in 1999.
3. I miss my old friend sometimes.
I miss my old friend _____ _____ _____ _____.
4. I have over one thousand books at home.
I have _____ ____ one thousand books at home.
5. I bought the bike ten years ago.
I ____ ____ the bike _____ ten years ago.
This film helps you _______ ______ China’s _____ and ________.
This teaching building has____ _____ ____ for five years.
Shenzhen has _____ ______ a modern city.
_____ ______, she is a _____ _____ school student.
The plane has_____ ______.
( - 2 -
A B C D
( )2. He’ A B C D
( A B C D
( A B C D
( A B C D
A thousand years age Hong Kong was covered by a thick forest. As more and more people there are still some small areas covered in trees．We call these woods. winter, to cook their food and to keep away the dangerous animals. Elephants quickly disappeared because there was not enough food for them. （补钉） （敌人）――14 . People hunt these little animals though it is illegal（违法的）. There are now not many 1．A．work B．study C．live D．enjoy
2．A．many B．a few C．no D．not
3．A．other B．others C．the other D．another
4．A．people B．animals C．plants D．things
5．A．grew B．made C．got D．kept
6．A．fire B．hotness C．heat D．stoves（炉子）
7．A．So B．Such C．As D．Nor
8．A．lived B．died C．came D．left
9．A．besides B．except C．and D．or
10．A．live B．to live C．lived D．living
11．A．have B．without C．with D．get
12．A．high B．higher C．short D．shorter
13．A．shouting B．crying C．barking D．talking
14．A．tigers B．men C．wolves D．elephants
15．A．to B．for C．like D． Of
- 3 -
1. The cruise(海上航游) will begin__________.
A. at seven in the morning B. at seven in he evening
C. at ten in the morning D. at ten at night
2. The cruise will take__________.
A. 30 minutes B. 3 minutes C. 3 hours D. 3 o’clock
3. Mr. King will see______ during the cruise.
A. trees B. buildings C. bridges D. fantastic city lights
4. People can buy tickets________.
A. on the ferry B. at Kowloon Public Pier
C. at Star Ferry Pier D. at 123 Canton Road
5. Helen wants to have dinner on the ferry with her son, 14 and her daughter, 10, they should pay______.
A. HK $ 810 B. HK$204 C. HK$324 D. HK$510
When you are reading something in English, you may often meet with a new word. What’s the best way to know it?
You may look it up in the English-Chinese dictionary. It will tell you a lot about the word: the pronunciation, the Chinese meaning and how to use the word. But how can you know where the word is thousands of English words? How to find it in the dictionary both quickly and correctly? First, all the English words are arranged(安排) in the letter order. In the dictionary you can first see the words beginning with letter A, then B, C, D…. That means, if there are two words “desert” and “pull”, “desert” will be certainly before “pull”. Then if there are two words both beginning with the same letter, you may look at the second letter. Then the third, the fourth… For example, “pardon” is before “plough”, “judge” before “just”, etc.
Do you understand how to look up in the dictionary?
The dictionary will be your good friend. I hope you’ll use it as often as possible in your English study.
1. This passage is about______.
A. new words in writing B. different dictionaries
C. the best way of reading D. using an English-Chinese dictionary
2. In the dictionary you may not find_______.
A. how to pronounce the word B. the spelling of the word
C. who used the word first D. how to use the word
3. In an English-Chinese dictionary, the last word______.
- 4 -
A. begins with Z B. begins with A C. is a short one D. is not often used
4. Which group of words is in the right order in an English-Chinese dictionary?
A. perhaps, produce, plenty B. straight, subject, surprise
C. century, center, business D. foreign, entrance, headache
5. In the passage the writer tries to tell us that_______.
A. we have to use a dictionary when we read something in English
B. an English-Chinese dictionary can tell us everything about a word
C. an English-Chinese dictionary can help us a lot in our English study
D. all English-Chinese dictionary are the same
A. 1. surprised 2. luckiest 3. unkind 4. pollution 5. wives
B. 1. sadly 2. just 3. married 4. landed 5. blocks
C. 1. interview 2. dentist 3. chess 4. Island 5. caused
A. 1. have, seen 2. Have you 3. hasn’t done, yet 4. How long have 5. No, hasn’t
B. 1. In fact 2. got married 3. from time to time 4. more than 5. have had, since
1. learn about, past, present 2. been in service\use 3. turned into 4. In fact, junior high 5. taken off V.
1. C。去掉the 2.A。borrowed改为kept 3.B。much改为many 4.C。去掉to 5.D。just now改为just
1-5 CCACD 6-10 AABBD 11-15 CACBB
B. 1－5 DCABA
- 5 -