If you go to the party, you’ll have a great time!
教学目标： 语言知识目标： 1) 能掌握以下单词：travel, agent, expert, keep…to oneself, themselves, teenager, normal, unless, certainly, wallet, worried,
mile, angry, in the end, understanding,
careless, mistake, himself, careful, advise,
solve, step, trust, experience, in half, halfway
① ─What do you think I should do?
Can you give some advice?
─I think I should go to college.
② But If I go to college, I’ll never become
a great soccer player.
Words and expressions travel agent expert teenager normal adj.正常的；一般的 v.&n.旅行；游历
keep … to oneself 保守秘密
Words and expressions useless certainly wallet mile angry understanding adj.善解人意的；体谅人的 conj.除非；如果不
Words and expressions careless mistake himself careful advise solve step adj.粗心的；不小心的
Words and expressions
trust v.相信；信任 n.经验；经历 分成两半
meeting, video, upset, advice, chocolate, organize taxi,
1. If you walk there, you’ll be late for the ________. meeting 2. If they watch a _______ at the party, video some students will be bored. 3. I don’t know what to do, can you give me some ________? advice
4. What will happen if she _________ a organizes soccer game on Saturday? 5. If she doesn’t come home on time, her upset parents will be ________. 6. If it rains tomorrow, we’ll take a _______ there. taxi 7. If he eats too much _________, he’ll be chocolate very heavy.
Some important things in our life.
go to college
make a lot of money
travel around the world get an education
Which of the things below are the 1a most important to you? Circle three things.
be happy travel around the world
go to college be famous
make a lot of money get an education
Listen. Look at the list in 1a. Write A before each thing the soccer agent talks about and P before each thing Michael’s parents talk about.
P A P P A P
be happy travel around the world go to college make a lot of money be famous get an education
1c Listen again. Complete the
1. If you join the Lions, _______.
2. If you become a Lion, ________.
3. And if you work really hard, ______.
4. If you become a soccer player,
5. But if I don’t do this now, ______.
a. you’ll be famous. b. I’ll never do it. c. you’ll become a great soccer player. d. you’ll never go to college. e. you’ll travel around the world. Check the answers:
1c, 2e, 3a, 4d, 5b
Student A is Michael. Student B is his friend. Student B, give Stu
dent A advice.
What do you think I should do? Can you give me some advice?
I think you should go to college.
But if I go to college, I’ll never become a great soccer player.
What kinds of things do you worry about? Who do you usually go to for help? I’m not good at math. I usually worry about it.
I usually go to my math teacher for help.
teenager n. wallet n. 钱包 （13～19） 青少年 mile n. 英里 e.g. It’s a mile’s way from my home to school. 从我家到学校有一英里。
expert n. 专家
normal adj. 正常的；一般的 e.g. It was a normal summer night. 那是一个寻常的夏夜。
unless conj. （=if not）除非；如果不
e.g. You’ll be late unless you go at once. 如果你不立即走，你会迟到。 understanding adj. 善解人意的；体谅 人的 e.g. Mr. Li is a very understanding person. 李先生是一位很善解人意的人。
himself pron. 他自己 themselves pron. 他（她、它）们自己 宾格或物主代词+ self/selves → 反身代词 e.g. The old man taught himself English. 那位老人正在自学英语。 certainly adv. 当然；行；无疑；肯定 e.g. It’s certainly a good suggestion. 这无疑是一个好建议。
angry adj. 生气的；发怒的 be angry with sb. 对某人生气
e.g. Mr. Miller was very angry with Tom. 米勒老师对汤姆很生气。 mistake n. 失误；错误 make a mistake/make mistakes 犯错误 e.g. She made mistakes again and again. 她三番五次地犯错。
careful adj. 细致的；精心的；慎重的 反义词 careless adj. 粗心的；不小心的 e.g. He is a careful driver. He’s never
careless in driving.
keep…to oneself 保守秘密
advise v. 劝告；建议 advise（动词）→advice （名词）建议 advise sb. to do sth. 建议某人做某事 e.g. The doctor advised me to give up smoking. 医生建议我戒烟。
solve v. 解决；解答 e.g. He’s trying to solve the problem. 他正努力解决这个问题。
trust v. 相信；信任 e.g. Trust the honest boy. 相信那个诚实的孩子。 step n. 步；步骤 e.g. What is the first step? 第一个步骤是什么？
experience n. 经验；经历 （不可数） e.g. He has no experience at all. 他完全没有经验。 halfway adv. 在中途；部分地做(或达到)
e.g. She lost her way halfway to the zoo. 她在去动物园的路上迷路了。 in half 分成两半 e.g. She cut the cake in half. 她将蛋糕切成两半。
Look at the statements and then read the passage quickly. Which statement expresses the main idea of the passage?
a. If people have problems, they should get advice from an expert. b. √ If people have problems, they should talk to other people.
c. If people have problems, they should keep them to themselves.
Read the passage again and answer 2c the questions. Discuss your answers with a partner. 1. What is the worst thing to do if you have a problem? 2. Why didn’t Laura want to tell her parents about her lost wallet? 3. What
is the first thing you should do when you want to solve a problem? 4. Why can our parents give us good advice about our problem?
1. It’s to do nothing. 读短文第一段第三句 “Some people believe the worst thing is to do nothing.”可知。 2. She was afraid to tell her parents. 由第 二段中第一、二两句“Laura once lost her wallet, and worried for days. She was afraid to tell her parents about it.” 可知。
3. It is to find someone you trust to talk to. 由短文第三段第四句“He thinks the first step is to find someone you trust to talk to”可知。 4. Because they have more experience than us. 读第三段第五句“Students often forget that their parents have more experience, and are always there to help them.”可知。
2d Fill in the blanks with the
phrases in the box.
discuss your problems tell her parents unless you talk run away from talk to someone share her problems to do nothing
Students often have a lot of problems and worries. Laura Mills thinks the worst thing is _____________. She thinks you’ll to do nothing talk to anyone feel worse if you don’t ______________ about your problems. Laura remembers that she once lost her wallet and was afraid to tell her parents about it. Now _____________ she believes you cannot feel better _______________ to someone. unless you talk
She says she will always __________________ in the future. share her problems Robert Hunt agrees with Laura. He thinks you should not _______________ run away from your problems, but you should try to solve them. If you cannot talk to an expert like Robert, you can ____________________ with your parents discuss your problems because they have a lot of experience.
1. If people have problem, they should keep them to themselves. keep 意为 “保留；保存”，keep them to themselves 意为 “把问题（烦恼） 埋在心底，不向他人倾诉”。例如： You can keep the toy if you like. 要是你喜欢那个玩具的话，可以把它
2. She just kept thinking, “If I tell my parents,…” 此句中，keep 表示“（使……）保持 （某种状态或关系）；一直……”，后 面接动词时，该动词要用-ing形式，形 成 keep doing…结构。例如： It kept raining for a week. 雨一直下了一周。
3. Laura once lost her wallet, and worried for days. once用作副词时，意为“曾经；一度 ；从前”。它是一个不确定的时间副 词，其位置一般是在行为动词之前， 系动词之后。如： Once he lived in America, but now he lives in England. 他曾经生活在美国， 但现在他生活在英国。
4. They got her a new wallet and asked her to be more careful. get 意为“买”，相当于buy，但不如 后者正式。如： Could you get me a ticket, please? 请给我买张票好吗？
5. It is best not to run away from our
problems. We should always try to solve them. try to do sth. 努力做某事 如： Please try to finish this work
in thirty minutes. 请尽量在30分钟完成这项工作。
try doing sth. 表示“尝试做某事 ” e.g. Why didn’t you try riding a bike to go to school? 为什么不试着骑车去学校呢？ try to do sth. 表示 “试图干……”，强 调付出努力，但不一定成功； try doing 表示 “尝试干、干……试 试”，含有 “看结果如何” 之意。
— I usually go there by train.
— Why not _________ by boat for a change? A. to try going C. to try and go B. trying to go D. try going
6. In English, we say that sharing a problem is like cutting it in half. 1) share 表示“分享；分担”，如： share a room with someone (与某人同住一个房间) 2) cut…in half 表示“把……切成两半； 把……一切为二”，in half/halves 是 一 种固定结构，介词in表示状态。如： Please cut the apple in half.
7. So you’re halfway to solving a problem just by talking to someone about it! 1) be halfway to …表示“完成了或做了 事情的一部分”，这里的to是介词。 如： We’re still only halfway to finishing the homework. 我们才仅仅完成了一部分作业。
2) by 在此表示方式，意为 “通过（ ……办法，方式）”。如： We can learn English by singing English songs.
1. Read the passage again after class.
2. Work on 2e. Ask three students the
following questions. Take notes of their answers.