1. All the children like the teachers ________ can understand them. A. who B. which C. what D. whom 2. Do you like music _______ makes you excited? A. that B. who C. whose D. whom
3. The postcards often remind me ________ my old friends. A. at B. for C. of D. with 4. I prefer ________ to ________.
A. reading; watching TV B. read; watch TV
C. to read; to watch TV D. to read; watching TV 5. Lucy is one of ________ in her class.
A. the good student B. the better student C. the best student D. the best students
6. We’ve seen musical bands ________ pretty strange names. A. have B. has C. with D. of
7. ________ have ________ names than this band. A. Little; strange B. Few; strange C. Little; stranger D. Few; stranger 8. ----Do you like the film?
----No, I think it’s ________. I felt ________ when I sat in the movie theatre. A. boring; boring B. bored; boring C. boring; bored D. bored; boring
9. Lian Zhan with his visitors ________ from Taiwan ________ paying his first visit to the mainland of China. A. who come; is B. which come; is C. which; are D. that are; are 10. ----Have you got the information ________ you need to use for the report? ----Not yet. But I’ll try to find some on the Internet at once. A. which B. who C. what D. whose
11. Do you know the girl ________ father owns a company? A. who B. which C. that D. whose 12. The young man ________ is a friend of mine.
A. who I had a talk B. whom I had a talk with C. which I had a talk with D. whom I had a talk
13. When people want to relax themselves, they prefer ________ TV or listen to music rather than ________ newspapers. A. watching; read B. watching; to read C. to watch; read D. to watch; reading 14. ________ it snowed, ________ the children felt.
A. The more heavily; the happier B. The heavily; the happy
C. The heavier; the happier D. The more heavily; the more happily
15. Though he has studied ________ at Russian for ten months, he can ________ speak the language. A. hard; hard B. hardly; hardly C. hard; hardly D. hardly;hard
16. ----Your English teacher is very popular in our school! ----Really? What’s he like? ---- ________.
A. He is funny and smart B. He is a skillful worker C. He is tall and strong D. he looks like a star
17. Keep quiet, please. We are not allowed ________ much noise in the reading room. A. to make B. making C. to making D. make
18. Be quick, we have to get to the station before 11:45 ________ we can catch the 12:00 train. A. since B. as soon as C. after D. so that 19. They won’t be back home until the work ________.
A. was done B. will be done C. is done D. had been done 20. Liu Xiang runs ________ fast ________ no one can catch up with him. A. very; that B. such; that C. so; that D. too; to
21. How much did the computer ________ you? And how much time do you ________ on it every day? A. take; cost B. spend; pay C. cost; spend D. pay; take 22. ----I wonder ________ ----Zebras.
A. what do they call these animals B. how they call these animals C. what they call these animals D. how do they call these animals
23. The computer on the desk is ________. Both of them love it. A. twins B. the twin’s C. the twins D. the twins’ 24. We should give a hand to the people ________ need help. A. who B. whose C. whom D. when 25. She likes dancing ________ the light music.
A. to B. along C. with D. on 26. I ________ the film. I think it’s boring.
A. disagree B. agree C. like D. dislike
27. Your digital watch is quite nice. Where did you buy ________? I want to buy ________, too. A. one; one B. it; it C. it; one D. one; it
28. ________ they are twins, they don’t look like the same at all. A. Because B. Though C. As D. Since
29. October 15th was one of ________ days in 2003. The Shenzhou V was sent up successfully. A. exciting B. more exciting C. the most exciting D. much exciting 30. ----Who is Ren Changxia?
----A great policewoman. She always thought ________ of others than herself. A. more B. much C. less D. most
31. ________ I mentioned in my last letter, I’ll be back in Ohio in June. A. So B. Because C. As D. When
32. Miss Zhao is very helpful. She often helps us ________ we are in trouble. A. whether B. although C. whenever D. however
33. There are many kinds of cars ________ in the World Trade Center. A. on the way B. are played C. on show D. show 34. Don’t tell a lie again. Try to be ________ honest boy. A. a B. an C. the D. /
35. Colors can change our moods (情绪) and make us ________ or sad, active or sleepy. A. to feel happy B. feel happily C. feel happy D. feeling happy 36. It’s difficult to find a time that ________ everybody. A. suits B. fit C. suitable D. to fit 37. I ________ an art exam next months.
A. am taking B. took C. are going to take D. was taking 38. I prefer not to eat too much food ________ is fried, like French fried. A. that B. what C. it D. /
39. ----Drugs (毒品) have done great harm to some people and their families. ----I quite agree with you, so we should ________ them.
A. keep away from B. shut down C. get on with D. put off 40. I’m quite in agreement ________ what he said. A. to B. on C. with D. for
41. The house ________ I live is very beautiful.
A. that; / B. which; / C. where; in D. which; in 42. He didn’t tell me ________ him.
A. where met B. where meet C. where meeting D. where to meet 43. These are the photos ________ in France.
A. that took B. who are taken C. that were taken D. which I was taken 44. He is lazy. You can’t ________ him ________ his room every day.
A. expect; to clean B. expect; cleaning C. show; to clean D. suit; clean 45. Be sure ________ and tell me what happens.
A. writing B. wrote C. writes D. to write 二、完形填空（每空一分，共10分）
Mrs. Green has lived in the city for about forty years. She is very ___1___ and has got a lot of money. But she never ___2___ something expensive for her family and always does all the ___3___ herself.
One morning, when she got up, she felt ___4___. After breakfast she felt even worse. She found some medicine and ___5___ it. But it was useless to her and she had to go to a hospital. The doctor ___6___ and asked her to be in hospital, but she refused and went home on foot. As soon as she got home, the ___7___ rang. She hurried to answer it. The doctor told her she ___8___ her wallet in the hospital and a nurse had found it.
“Could you tell me her name, please?” asked Mrs. Green.
“Of course, Mrs. Green. Are you going to ___9___ her?” asked the doctor.
“No, no.” The old woman said in a hurry, “My bag ___10___ three years ago. I want to know if she found it. 1. A. rich B. poor C. good D. bad 2. A. borrows B. lends C. sells D. buys
3. A. homework B. housework C. school work D. farm work 4. A. happy B. angry C. terrible D. sorry 5. A. ate B. took C. threw D. burnt
6. A. dressed her up B. looked her up C. moved her away D. looked her over
7. A. telephone B. bell C. clock D. door 8. A. left B. lost C. had left D. had lost 9. A. help B. see C. welcome D. thank
10. A. lost B. was lost C. forgot D. was forgotten 三、阅读理解（每空一分，共10分）
Have you ever complained (抱怨) why life is so tiring? Does the sky sometimes seem dark to you? Are your studies sometimes not successful? Well, friends, cheer up and smile all the time. If you see the world with your warm heart, you’ll find that the whole world smiles to you.
While in school, sometimes you tired of your lessons, but have you ever noticed the happy smile on your teacher’s face when you did a good job?
One day it is fine. Just before you want to go out, it suddenly starts to rain. Maybe you would feel very sad and start complaining about the weather. But dear friends, why don’t you sit down and listen to the free concert that the nature offers you? And with the timely rain, crops in the fields will grow better and better and farmers will have a better harvest.
Although everyone wants to succeed in what he tries to do, sometimes failure can’t be avoided. I think failure is not terrible, and the terrible thing is that we are afraid of it and give up hope. When we face failure, we must be confident of ourselves, draw a useful lesson from it and try our best to finish what we have decided to do. As a popular saying goes, “Failure is the mother of success.”
Attitude decides everything. With an optimistic attitude, life is easy and pleasant. Let’s smile to whatever we meet and the whole world will smile to us. 1. People sometimes complain ________.
A. the sky is always dark B. their studies are successful C. they see the world with their heart D. life is tiring 2. According to the passage, in school, ________. A. the students don’t like their lessons
B. the teachers will be happy if the students do good jobs C. the teachers don’t like their teaching D. the teachers are tired of their work 3. If there is a timely rain, ________.
A. you want to go out B. you can listen to the concert
C. crops in the fields will grow better D. farmers can’t have a good harvest 4. When we face failure, we ________.
A. must be confident of ourselves B. shouldn’t be afraid of it C. shouldn’t give up hope D. all of the above 5. The best title of this passage is ________.
A. Smile and the World Smile to You B. Complaining About Life C. Failure is the Mother of Success D. It is Very Hard to Succeed