Make up a story. Each student adds a sentence. If he or she can’t add a sentence, he or she must sing an English song.
Last week, I went to the zoo. I __________ in the zoo. After that I ___________. I ___________________. __________________. 1 go to the zoo 2 visit a museum 3 ride a horse 4 climb a mountain 5 visit a fire station 6 go fishing
1a Match the activities with the pictures.
1. go to the zoo a __ 2. visit a museum __ c 3. ride a horse __ 4. climb a mountain __ b e 5. visit a fire station __ 6. go fishing __ d f
1b Listen and answer the questions.
1. How was Jane’s trip? It was terrible. ____________________ 2. How was Tony’s trip? ____________________ It was great.
1c Listen again. What did Jane and Tony do on their last school trip? Check√ Tony or Jane.
went to climbed went to saw drew some pictures the a an art countryside mountain museum paint ings Tony Jane
√ √ √
1d What was your last school trip like?
Discuss it with your partner with
the following words. interesting exciting lucky delicious difficult boring large great lovely cool cheap slow hot fast
A: I went to a farm on my last school trip. There were many animals on the farm. They were very lovely. B: That sounds great. A: How was your school trip? B: It was __________ A: How was the food there? B: It was _____________ A: How was the weather? B: It was ___________
2a Do the following words describe good things or bad things? Put a √ for good and an × for bad. Leave a blank if they can mean both. ___ interesting ___ difficult ___ lovely ___ slow ___ exciting ___ boring ___ cool ___ hot ___ lucky ___ large___ expensive __ terrible ___delicious ___ great ___ cheap ___ fast
2b Read Helen’s and Jim’s diary entries and answer the questions. 1. Did Helen and Jim go on the same trip? Yes, they did. They went on the same trip. 2. How do they feel about the trip? Helen thought the trip was really interesting. But Jim thought the trip was terrible.
2c Read the diaries again and complete the chart. How do Helen and Jim describe these things?
interesting the trip so fast the train the museum useful the gift shop The gifts weren’t and gifts expensive.
terrible so hot big and boring The things in the gift shop were so expensive.
1. I didn’t know they could play chess with us.
basketball, play chess, play cards。 play
the violin, play the piano。
2. Then the guide taught us how to make a model robot. teach sb. to do sth. 教某人做某事 teach sb. sth. 教某人某事
teach oneself 自学
3. All in all, it was an exciting day. all in all 总的来说，总而言之 an exciting day 让人兴奋的一天 exciting是形容词, 后接名词，意思是 “让人兴奋的，
使人兴奋的”，多形容 物。 excited也是形容词, 多用来形容人感到， 同类的有interesting, interested; boring, bored。
4. today’s school trip 表示有生命的东西的名词及某些表示时 间、距离、星球、世界、国家等无生命的东 西的名词后加 ’s来表示所有关系，叫做名 词所有格。 例如: men’s room 男厕所 a mile’s distance 一英里的距离 但如果该名词是以-s或-es接尾，则只在该名 词后加“’”来构成所有格。 例如: 3 hours’ walk 三小时的路程 five minutes’ walk 五分钟路程 two miles’ distance 两英里的距离
5. Everything was about robots. everything 作主语，谓语动词用单数。 6. I’m not interested in that. be interested in 对…感兴趣 7. it was difficult to take photos. It is + adj. (for sb.) to do sth. (对某人来 说)做 … 怎么样 e.g. 对我来说骑车上学是很容易的。 It is easy for me to go to school by bike.
8. There were also too many people. too many加可数名词 too many students too much加不可数名词 too much water 9. I didn’t like the trip at all. 我一点也不喜欢这次旅游。 not… at all “一点也不；根本不” e.g. 我根本不喜欢吃苹果。 I don’t like apples at all.
翻译下列短语和句子。 1. 到达那儿 get there 2. 下棋 play chess play the piano play basketball
3. 对感兴趣 be interested in all in all 4. 总之
not …at all 5. 根本不 6. 今天的报纸 today’s newspaper 7. 太多学生 too many students too much water 太多水 8. 学英语对我来说很容易。 It is easy for me to learn English. 9. 上周李老师教我如何下棋。 Last week Mr. Li taught me how to play chess.