1. Li Lei is _____ shorter than Li Ping.
A. a few B. much C. very D. many
2. I’m sorry I’m late again because I _____ catch the early bus.
A. don’t B. didn’t C. won’t D. shan’t
3. He wants to go with us, ______ he?
A. do B. don’t C. does D. doesn’t
4. I am _____ Chinese. I live in ______ city of Nanjing.
A. a, a B. ×, the C. the, a D. the, the
5. There is no time ______ fish and chips at home.
A. cook B. cooks C. to cook D. cooking
6. I can’t leave here, I have a lot of ____ to do.
A. works B. worker C. the work D. work
7. Thank you very much ______ me ______your party.
A. for asking; to B. to ask; of
C. to asking; to D. for ask; of
8. The radio says the heavy snow ______ in the evening.
A. stop B. will stop C. stopping D. to stop
9. Let me give you ______ to eat.
A. anything English. B. something English
C. English anything D. English something
10. I like swimming and ______.
A. so he likes B. so he is C. so does he D. so he does
11. My father is out.
A. be not in B. isn’t in C. be away D. isn’t at the home
12. I’m afraid he is out at the moment.
A. now B. then C. ago D. just now
13. Could you ask him to call me, please?
A. show me B. give me C. ring me up D. stand up
14. The bus stop is not far from the school.
A. over there B. in front of C. out of D. near
15. The little girl started crying. (哭).
A. began B. liked C. heard D. enjoyed
Tom bought shoes from the shoe factory and tried (试图) to sell them to people.
There were not many __16____ in small villages. People there didn’t ___17__ to go to town to buy their shoes. So Tom ___18__ a lot of shoes there.
One day Tom ___19___ along the street. He stopped in front of a house. There was a small boy beside the door. Tom ____20__ the window of his lorry(运货汽车)and called to the boy. “Hello! Is your __21___ at home?” The boy looked at Tom. Then he answered, “Yes, she is.”
“That’s ___22___. ” Tom said. He got off his lorry, took some ____23___ and went to the door of the house. He knocked at(敲)the door and waited for a few___24___, but nobody came to answer the door. Tom knocked again and waited a few more minutes, but still(仍然)no one answered. Then Tom looked at the boy and said angrily, “Your mother is NOT at home!” “She IS!” the boy said. “Why didn’t she open the door?”
“This isn’t ___25__ house,” the by shouted(喊).
16. A. towns B. shops C. stations D. buildings
17. A. think B. know C. want D. went
18. A. bought B. made C. showed D. sold
19. A. drove B. went C. passed D. moved
20. A. cleaned B. opened C. closed D. found
21. A. mother B. father C. sister D. brother
22. A. bad B. well C. good D. happy
23. A. dresses B. shoes C. baskets D. flowers
24. A. hours B. days C. minutes D. weeks
25. A. my B. its C. your D. their
When I was a child, I liked people with blue eyes. I had a few dolls, and I always made their eyes blue. I was really very happy with my dolls with blue eyes. Time went quickly. Soon I was not a child any more. I finished my studies and I was 20. I liked to drive my father’s old car. Once I went to a town nearby. I was busy that day and parked my car near the office. In a few minutes I came back and a young policeman was waiting for me near my car. I was not happy to see him because I knew I had parked badly. I gave him a few pounds for the f
ine(罚款)and just then I saw his beautiful blue eyes. I said to him, “Your eyes are so nice.” He smiled and said goodbye to me.
In the evening the blue-eyed policeman telephoned me. The next day we went to the cinema. And what else? My story has a happy ending. We married(结婚)and we now live happily together.
26. I always made my dolls’ eyes blue because _________.
A. blue eyes were very beautiful B. I liked people with blue eyes
C. eyes were always blue D. my eyes were blue
27. “I was not a child any more” means “______”.
A. I was not a girl B. I was not a boy
C. I was a woman D. I grew up
28. A young policeman was waiting for me near my car because ________.
A. he was my friend B. he liked my car very much
C. I parked my car in a wrong place D. he knew I liked blue eyes
29. The blue-eyed policeman telephoned me because he wanted ______.
A. to ask me something B. to use my car
C. to make friends with me D. to give me back the money
30. In the end the policeman became ______.
A. my best friend B. my husband C. my brother D. my tea
Mr. White lived in a small town in America. He always forgot things. His wife had to tell him, “Remember this, my dear.”
One day he went on a long journey alone(单独地). Before he left his house, Mrs. White said, “Now you have all these things. Look after them well.” He went to the station, bought a ticket and got into train with it.
About an hour later, the conductor came to the man and said, “Will you please show me your ticket?” The man looked for his ticket in all his pockets, but he couldn’t find it. He was worried. He said to the conductor, “I can’t find my ticket. I really bought a ticket before I got on the train.”
The conductor said, “I think you bought a ticket. All right. You needn’t buy another one. ” But Mr. White still (仍然) looked worried. He said, “You don’t know why. If I can’t find my ticket, I don’t remember at which station I will get off and where I am going. ”
31. Why did Mrs. White always say “Remember this.” to her husband? Because ______.
A. he always forget to take his things to his office
B. he always remembered everything
C. he always forgot a lot of things
D. he always remembered his name
32. ______ went on a long journey with him.
A. Mrs. White B. Nobody C. His son John D. His daughter Kate
33. Mr. White bought ______ before he got on the train.
A. a map B. a book C. a pen D. a ticket
34. Which of these is right?
A. The conductor told Mr. White to buy another ticket.
B. The conductor told Mr. White to get off the train.
C. The conductor told Mr. White not to buy another ticket.
D. The conductor helped to look for the ticket and found it.
35. Use your own words(自己的话)to answer this question:
What do you think Mr. White would do next?
36. Hi! Is your brother at home?
37. Certainly. What is it?
38. Hello! Is that Lily?
39. We are going to have a meeting on the fifth floor in Building One at nine this morning.
40. Don’t forget it. Thank you. Bye.
41. Yes, it is. Hi! Rose.
42. It’s a pleasure. Bye.
44. No, he is out.
45. Can you take a message for him?
A: Hello, Bob, How are you today?
B: Fine, thanks. ___46___ about you?
A: I’m OK. What ___47__ is it today?
B: It is Saturday.
A: Saturday? It must ___48___ October 18th.
B: Yes. ____49____?
A: Tomorrow is Jack’s birthday.
B: Really? Is he going __50___ have a party?
A: Yes, I’m going to his party? Aren’t you?
B: ___51___, I am.
A: Good. Let’s go there together, ___52___ we?
B: OK. Shall we go by bus ___53___ by bike?
A: By bike.
B: All right. And when ___54___ where shall we meet tomorrow? A: Here, at the school gate, at about half ___55___ eight. A: OK. See you tomorrow.
Yesterday Tim helped his father in the 56. ________
garden. Tim is youngest in the Black 57. ________
family. Tim and his father dug two hole. 58. _________
They planted two trees. “Our garden look 59. _________ very beautifully,” Tim said. 60. _________
“It is filled of weeds(野草),” his father said 61.__________ “It is the nice garden in the street,” Tim said. 62. __________ “The nicest ones?” his father asked. 63. __________
“Yes,” Tim answered. “Nobody grass is 64. __________ longer than our.” 65. ___________
66. You must ______ your eyes closed when you do eye exercises.
67. The singer is going a ______ in this city next week.
68. ______ comes after October.
69. Jim had an ________. He fell down and broke his leg.
70. Don’t stand _______, Jim. Come in.
71. Yes, I know it’s bad, but I need to do some ________. (shop).
72. The ______ boy is drinking under a tree. (five)
73. The boys played _______ in the park. (happy)
74. Zhengzhou will be ______. The temperature will be to . (rain).
75. The old man is carrying a big box. He is very _______. (health) VII.完成句子。
There_______ ________ ________ ________ open it now.
You must ______ me _______ _______ ______ this afternoon.
Thank you very much _________ _________ _______ my ______ party.
There ______ be a _____ wind ______ the ______ of the Huai River.
It’s ______ ______ outside. You’d _____ ______ go out.
81. Rose had breakfast at school yesterday. (改为否定句)
Rose ______ _______ breakfast at school yesterday.
82. They are playing games. (改为一般将来时)
They ______ ______ games tomorrow.
83. I love spring because everything begins to grow. (对划线部分提问) _____ ______ you love spring?
84. It’s very hard work. (改为感叹句)
_______ ______ ________ work is!
85. Why don’t you take off you coat? (改为同义句)
Why ______ ______ off your coat?
I. 1-5 B B D B C 6-10 D A B B C 11-15 B A C D A
II. 16-20 B C D A B 21-25 A C B C A
III. 26-30 B D C C B 31-34 C B D C
35. He would get off at the next station and buy another ticket to go back home. (He would get off at any station he likes and stay there for a few days. )
B) 46. What/ How 47. day 48. be 49. Why 50. to 51. Yes 52. shall 53. or 54. and 55. past
V. 56. √ 57. is后加the 58. hole→holes 59. look→looks 60. beautifully→beautiful 61. filled→full 62. nice→nicest 63. ones→one 64. Nobody→Nobody’s
VI. 66. keep 67. concert 68. November 69. accident 70. outside 71. shopping
72. fifth 73. happily 74. rainy 75. healthy
VII. 76. is no time to 77. help, do the cooking 78. for coming to, birthday
79. will, strong, to, north 80. raining heavily/hard, better not 81. didn’t have 82. will play 83. Why do 84. How hard the 85. not take