Can you come to my party?
Section B Period 1 (1a-2e)
calendar [英] ['k?lind?] [美]['k?l?nd?]
weekday 周一至周五的任一天_________ 周末________ weekend Saturday Monday 周一___________ 周六___________ Tuesday Sunday 周二___________ 周日___________ Wednesday yesterday 周三___________ 昨天___________ today Thursday 周四___________ 今天___________ Friday tomorrow 周五___________ 明天___________ 前天 the day before yesterday _____________________ 后天 the day after tomorrow _____________________
What’s the date today? Wednesday 十月
It’s October 17th.
What day is it today?
What’s today? It’s Wednesday the 17th.
1a Write the dates for this week on the calendar.
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday the ______ the ______ the ______ the ______
Thursday Friday Saturday the ______ the ______ the ______
1b Write these words below the correct dates on the calendar in 1a.
tomorrow yesterday the day before yesterday the day after tomorrow weekday weekend
the day the day yesterday today, tomorrow after weekday weekend before weekday , weekday tomorrow , yesterday weekday , weekday , weekend
1c Ask and answer questions about the days in 1a.
What’s today? It’s …
It’s Thursday the 12th. What was yesterday? It was … What’s tomorrow? What’s the day after tomorrow?
What’s today？用来提问今天是几号、 星期几，回答时，通常用星期和日期， 也可用节日。
注意: 表示“星期”开头的字母要大写。 表示星期的单词都以“day” 结尾问 “星 期”的句型有： What day is it today? What day is today?
单项填空: --- What’s today? --- ________. A. It’s Tuesday B．It’s January 1st C. It’s sunny today D. It’s Wednesday the second 答案：D What’s today? 用于询问“今天 几号、星期几？”，故选 D。
--- ______ --- It’s September 10th. A. How is it today? C. What day is it today? B. What’s today? D. What’s the date?
【点拨】选D。由答语：“是9月10号”可知 问句问的是“今天是几月几号”，用 What’s the date? 。 （1）What’s today? 用来提问今天是几号、 星期几，回答时，通常用星期和日期，也可 用节日。 （2）What’s the date today? 意为“今天是几 月几号？”，要回答日期。 （3）What day is it today? 意为“今天是星 期几？”，要回答星期。
look after his sister, go to the doctor, have a piano lesson, play soccer, study for a test
答案：1. look after his sister 2. play soccer 3. go to the doctor 4. study for a test 5. have a piano lesson
1d Listen. Can Vince play tennis with Andy? Circle Yes or No.
Vince’s activities ____ play soccer b ____ go to the doctor a. today b. tomorrow c. the day after tomorrow Days
____ study for a test
e a piano lesson
____ look after his sister
have a piano lesson 上钢琴课 与have有关的短语：
have a lesson 上课 have a (good) rest 休息 have a good time 玩得愉快 have a try 试一试 have a look 看一看 have meals 吃饭
have breakfast / lunch/ dinner/ supper 吃早饭/午饭/晚饭
1e Listen again. Match Vince’s activities with the days in 1d.
Vince’s activities ____ play soccer b ____ go to the doctor a ____ study for a test a a. today b. tomorrow c. the day after tomorrow Days
____ have a piano lesson b
____ look after his sister c
A: Hi, Vince. can you play tennis with me?
B: Sorry, I can’t. I …
A: Hi, Vince? V: Yeah, hi, Andy! A: Vince, can you play tennis with me? V: Uh, when? A: Today. V: Uh, no, sorry, I can’t. I have to go to the doctor and study for a test today.
A: How about tomorrow? V: Sorry, tomorrow I’m playing soccer and I have a piano lesson. A: Oh. Well, what are you doing the day after tomorrow? V: I have to babysit my sister. A: Oh, I see. V: I’m sorry, Andy. I’m really busy this week!
You want to invite your partner to a movie this week. See her schedule and make a date.
From Monday to Friday: go to school Monday evening: do homework Tuesday evening: study for the math test Wednesday evening: do homework Thursday evening: help her parents Friday evening: visit her uncle Saturday evening: do homework Sunday: free
Make a holiday schedule like this.
Sun. Oct. 1st Free Mon. 2nd Tue. 3rd Wed. 4th Thur. 5th Fri. 6th Sat. 7th
Clean Read Visit Watch Play Study basketball for a the my TV test house uncle
Then ask your friends to go with you for some activities.
Make a list of the kinds of parties 2a people have.
birthday party, __________________________ ________________________________________
Farewell Party (欢送会)
Surprise Party (惊喜聚会)
Housewarming Party (乔迁聚会)
2b Read the message quickly. Why did the people write them? Match the reason with each message.
1. accept an invitation 3. turn down an invitation
2. make an invitation
Top message: 1 Middle message: 3 Bottom message: 2
Mark T (True) or F (False).
F 1. He Wei doesn’t come to the party. F 2. Ms Steen helped Jack to improve his English so much. T 3. Jack’s family is taking a trip to Wuhan to visit his aunt and uncle. F 4. The students have a surprise party for Ms Steen next Sunday the 28th! T 5. Bring Ms. Steen to the party without telling her so that she can be surprised.
2c Read the message and answer the questions.
1. What kind of party is it? _______________________________________ It is a surprise party. 2. Who is the party for? The party is for Ms. Steen. _______________________________________
3. When is the party? ________________________________________ Next Friday the 28th. 4. Who did David invite to the party? He invited his classmates to the party. ____________________________________
____ 5. What can people do at the party? Have food, drinks and play games at the party. ________________________________________
2d Complete the invitation with words and phrases from the messages on Page 69.
party We are planning a housewarming _______ at our new house this Saturday. Can you come ______? Our house is at 2 London Road. We food drinks are serving _______ and _______ from 7:30 bring p.m. Please ________ your friends and family. A party is more fun ________ with more people! Please let us ________ by Wednesday know if _________ you can come to the party. Hope you can make it!
Imagine one of your favorite teachers is 2e leaving. Plan a party for him / her. Answer the questions with a partner.
1. Why is he/she one of your favorite teachers? 2. What do you want to say to him/her?
3. When is the best time to have the party?
4. Where can you have the party?
5. What kind of food will there be?
6. What kind of drinks would you like to serve? 7. Who will come to the party?
8. What activities will there be at the party?
9. How can you make the party a surprise for your teacher?
1. bring v. 带来 Can you bring me an English dictionary? 你能给我带来一本英语字典吗？ bring 与take 的区别： Bring your homework here, and take the book away. 把你的作业拿过来，把这本书带走。 bring 指带到说话者这来，通常与here搭配， 而take则指从说话者这带走，通常与away 连 用。两者方向相反。
--- Why do Chinese people like red? --- Because they think it can _______ them good luck. A. carry B. bring C. make D. take 答案：选B。 点拨：A表示“搬运，运载”，B表示“带 来”，C表示“制作”，D表示“拿走”。根 据后句汉意“因为他们认为红色会给他们带 来好运。”，可知应取“带来”之意，故选B。
______ away the small apples and ______ me some big ones. (1997 年安徽省中考题) A. Carry; bring B. Take; bring C. Take; carry D. Carry; take 点拨：此题考查take 和 bring 表示“带；拿” 之意时的区别。通常，take 是指把人或物从 说话者的地方带到别处去，这时多跟介词 to 连用，形成 take … to 结构。 而 bring 则是把 人或物从别处带到说话者所在的地方。另外， carry 是“搬运；扛”的意 思，且无方向性。 故答案是 B。
2. prepare v. 准备 My mother is preparing dinner when I get home every day. 每天我回家的时候我妈妈总是在准备晚饭。 prepare, prepare for与 prepare to do sth. 的 区别： ①Her husband is preparing the food. 她丈夫正在准备食物。 ②Students are preparing for the test. 学生们正在为考试做准备。 ③They are busy preparing to go on holiday. 他们正在忙着准备休假。
根据句 ①可知：prepare sth. 意为准备某物， 所准备的东西就是后面的宾语。 根据句 ②可知：prepare for sth. 意为为??做 准备，指为后面的宾语做准备，所准
备的东西 并不是后面的宾语。 根据句③可知：prepare to do sth. 意为准备做 某事。而prepare 与prepare for 通常用于进行 时态。 注：prepare 的名词是preparation (准备； 准备工作)
--- What’s that terrible noise? --- The neighbors ________ for a party. D A. prepared B. prepare C. will prepare D. are preparing
3. surprised adj. 惊奇的；感觉意外的 Are you surprised to see him alive? 你看到他还活着很惊奇吗？ 与surprised 有关的用法： ①I’m surprised at the surprising news. 我对这个令人惊讶的消息感到很吃惊。 ②To my surprise, he left without leaving a word. 令我惊奇的是，他一声不响地离开了。 ③He looked at me in surprise. 他惊奇地看着我。
根据例句①可知：surprised 与surprising都是 形容词，但surprised通常作表语，用于修饰 人，而surprising可以作表语也可以作定语， 通常修饰物，而“惊奇于某事”为be surprised at sth.。 根据例句②可知：surprised的名词是surprise, 而短语“令某人惊奇的是”为to one’s surprise, 而根据例句③可知：in surprise 意为 “惊奇地”。
I’m surprised _______ what you said. A. to B. of C. for D. at 答案：选D 点拨：be surprised at sth.对??感到惊奇。
4. so that 以便于；目的是 He turned up the radio, so that everyone could hear the news. 他调大收音机的音量，以便所有人能听到 这个消息。