( )1.I hope_________ more friends in China.
A. make B. you to make C. to make D. making
( )2. This is the room ________ he stores his old collections. A. that B. which C. where D. on which
( )3. This is the room ________ he built by himself. A. whose B. who C. that D. where
( )4. The little girl often makes his mother ______him_____ . A. talk, something interesting B. tell something interesting C. say, interesting something D. speak, interesting something ( )5. —_________ does Kay go to visit Mexico?
—By plane. A. When B. How C. What D. Where
( )6.—I _________ being a policeman _________.What is yours?
—To be a teacher. A. dream; in the future B. dream of; in the future C. dream about; in future D. dream as; in future
（ ）7. They were _________ when they heard the _______ news. A. excited, exciting B. exciting, excited C. excited, excited D. exciting, exciting
( )8.I’d like to Florida _________ I like relaxing vacations.
A. so B. but C. and D. because
( )9. The two men walked _________ the forest and got to a small house. A. across B. through C. crossing D. over
( )10.I’d like to visit Sydney _________ my next vacation.
A. for B. on C. at D. in ( )11.Is the traffic _________ in your city?
A. big B. small C. heavy D. hard ( ) 12.The teacher told the students _____in class.
A. not B. don’t talk C. didn’t talk D. not to talk ( )13. _______ have a drink of tea with me?
A. Why not B. Why not you C. Why don’t D. Why you don’t ( )14. Some students spend too much time ______ computer games.
A. play B. to play C. playing D. plays ( )15. The shop provides us _______ good service. A. with B. to C. for D. at 二、词汇
1. The book is e_________. I think everyone should read it.
2. I don’t want to go somewhere t________. Because so many people make me feel unhappy. 3. He always ________(考虑) helping others. 4. Swimming can make me________(放松).
5. I have two bags, ____________(包括) this one.
6. ___________(千) of soccer fans gathered on the square to have a celebration. 7. You need to p________ cool clothes if you go to Hong Kong.
8. Most students hope to c__________ studying after they finish their high school. 9. It is amazing that the boy sailed ________(穿过) the Pacific alone. 10. Please write to me as soon as p___________. 三、 用所给单词的适当形式填空
1. I love places where the people are really ________ （friend）. 2. I want to go there, because I like ________ （excite）vacations.
3. Could you please ________ （give）me some ________ （suggest）for vacation spots? 4. Would you like ________ （drink）some orange juice? 5. You look tired, why not ________ （have）a short rest? 6. His brother is considering ________ （study）abroad.
7. Do you plan to ________（stay）overnight here?
8. Most private cars ________ （not allow）in downtown Singapore. 四、按要求进行句型转换
1. I have seen your watch somewhere. （变为一般疑问句） _______ you _______ _______ watch _______? 2. Do sports every morning. （变为否定句） _______ _______ sports every morning.
3. The weather is always warm in these places. I like them. （合并为一句） I like the places _______ the weather _______ always warm. 4. I’d like to visit t（对划线部分提问） _______ _______ you _______ to visit?
5. I hope that I can visit Beijing some day. （改写同义句） I hope _______ _______ Beijing some day.
Every winter the Indians caught beavers (河狸或称为海狸).They sold these beaver furs （皮毛）to men from France. In the 1600s and 1700s, people in France wanted beaver furs for coats and hats. Other countries wanted these furs, too. Wearing a beaver fur hat became a sign. It said,“Look at this man! This man is rich!”
In the 1800s, men in this country began to wear beaver hats. They, too, wanted to wear the sign that said,“Look at those men! They are rich!”
Soon it was hard to find beavers. To get more beaver furs, traders（商人） had to move West. Traders began to explore（探险） this new country. They came back with wonderful stories about the new land. Before long, many people wanted to go West to live.
Where people go, towns grow. Soon there were new towns in the West. Men looking for beaver for fancy(珍贵的，昂贵的) hats helped the West grow.
（ ）1.Wearing a beaver hat was a sign that a man was _________.
A. a hunter B. rich C. a trader D. an Indian
（ ）2.Which of the following does this story lead you to believe?
A. Beavers began to wear fancy hats. B. The traders would not go West.
C. The fur traders helped the country grow. D. The traders wore furs.
（ ）3.What did the traders do when beavers were hard to find?
A. To get more beaver furs, traders had to move West. B. The traders had to find rich men wearing signs. C. The traders had to wear beaver hats out West. D. They made friends with beavers.
( )4.When did Indians begin to wear beaver hats?
A.1600s. B.1700s. C.1800s. D.1900s. ( )5.The main idea of the whole story is that _________.
A. traders carried signs for rich men
B. the search for beavers helped the West to grow C. many wonderful stories were told about the West D. the beavers were very foolish 六、翻译句子。（10分）
I want ______ ______ a trip this summer _______ _______ the east _______ China. 2. 他每周用约两个小时的时间帮妈妈做家务。
______ ______ ______ about two hours ______ ______ his mother ______ the housework every week.
You may consider ______ ______ ______ next week. 4. 别打算放学后踢球了。我们有许多作业要做。
Don’t plan to ______ soccer after school. We have ______ homework ______ ______. 5. 我希望有一天能到巴黎去。
I ______ ______ ______ to Paris ______ ______. 6. 我想去一个温暖的地方。（含有定语从句）
8. I’m saving money so I can buy a new bicycle.
丰富多彩的假期生活即将开始，快约上几个好朋友一起去旅行吧。假设你是马明，请你通过e-mail的方式向你的朋友张鹏发出邀请，组织好这次旅行。 提示：1. 发出邀请。
2. 你的计划简介，包括旅游地点及选择原因，出行方式，时间长短等。 3. 提醒他需要准备的东西。 4. 约定出发时间和见面地点。
Hi, Zhang Peng! I hope everything is going well.______________________________