Unit 3 English around the world
Topic 1 Section A
1. Learn the simple present passive voice． 2. Learn the knowledge of English language.
3. Improve the interest of learning
Review the present simple active voice. Review countries ,nations and languages.
countries China America England France Japan Australia Canada Russia India
Listen to 1a and answer the question: Which language is most widely used around the world?
Mickey, Donald, cartoon, character, language, stick on Grammar: 1. Disneyland is enjoyed by millions of people from all over the world. 2. English is spoken around the world now. Read the dialog and act it out.
Complete the passage in 1b.
Discuss the questions with your partner.
1. Do you like Mickey Mouse and
Donald Duck ? Why?
2. When and where have you
communicated with people in
3. In which countries is English spoken as the first language?
Find the key sentences of passive voice. 1. It is also spoken as a second language in many countries. 2. In which countries is English
spoken as the first language?
Complete the passage according to 1a.
Listen to the tape and mark each
sentence for True and False. 1. Mickey Mouse was made by Walt
Disney. 2. Disney was only an artist.
3. One day, two mice came and played on the floor of the garage. 4. At last, he was pleased with one of his pictures of the mouse. He called it Mickey Mouse.
Make sentences after the following examples.
Disneyland is visited by millions of
people from all over the world. English is spoken around the world now.
Beijing Opera Trees The air The Great Wall
is/ visited are
the garden most people
by big cities in many polluted foreigners used offices
Project 1. Sum up the differences between the active voice and the passive voice. 2. Discuss why the passive voice is used in groups and find where we can see it in our daily life and then list it out.