Unit 10 If you go to the party, you’ll have a good time!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
主要词汇 1. worry(单三)________ 2. solve（名词）__________ 3. understand (adj.) _________ 4. careful (反义词) ________ 5. scare (adj.) ___________ 6. feel (pt.) _________ 7. certain (adv) ________ 8. lose (pt.) __________ 9. half (pt.) ___________
2b Look at the statements below and then skim the passage.
a. if people have problems, they should get advice from an except. b. if people have problems, they should talk to other people, c. if people have problems, they should try to keep them to themselves.
Students these days often have a lot of worries. Sometimes they have problems with their schoolwork, and sometimes with their friends. What can they do about this? Some people believe the worst thing is to do nothing. Laura Mills, a teenager from London, agrees. “Problems and worries are normal in life,” says Laura. “But I think talking to someone helps a lot. Unless we talk to someone, we’ll certainly feel worse.”
? 现在的学生经常有很多忧虑。有时他们 担心功课，有时担心朋友。对此他们能做 什么呢？一些人认为，最糟糕的是什么都 丌做。来自伦敦的少年劳拉米尔斯同意这 点。“生活中的问题和烦恼都是正常的，” 劳拉说。“但我认为不人倾诉是很有帮助 的。如果我们丌对人讲出来，当然我们就 会感觉更糟糕。”
keep (使…)保持（某种状态或关 系）；…一直…。后面接动词时要 用doing 。形成keep doing…结构
Laura once lost her wallet, and worried for days. She was afraid to tell her parents about it. She even walked three miles to school each day because she didn’t have any money. She just kept thinking, “if I tell my parents, they’ll be angry!” In the end, she talked to her parents and they were really understanding. Her dad said he sometimes made careless mistakes himself. They got her a new wallet and asked her to be more careful. “I will always remember to share my problems in the future!” Laura says. 这里get= buy 意为“买”
? In Paragraph 2, the writer used the story of Laura to ______. B A. answer a question ? B. give an example C. introduce his friend ? D. share his experience
劳拉曾经丢失了钱包，并担心了几天。她丌敢告诉她的父母。她 甚至每天步行三英里去学校因为她没钱。她一直在想，“如果我告诉 我的父母，他们会生气的！”但最后，她还是对她的父母说了此事。 他们真的理解（她的心情）。她爸爸说，他自己有时也会因为粗心犯 错误。他们给她买了一个新钱包，并告诉她要更小心。“我会永远记 住在将来分享我的问题！”劳拉说。
Robot Hunt advises students about common problems. He feels the same ways as Laura. “It is best not to run away from our problems. We
should always try to solve them.” He thinks the first step is to find someone you trust to talk to. This person doesn’t need to be an expert like himself. Students often forget that their parents have more experience than them, and are always there to them. In English, we say that sharing a problem is like cutting it in half. So you’re halfway to solving a problem just by talking to someone about it!
读第三段选择 ? According to the passage Robert Hunt might be ______. D A. Laura’s teacher ? B. the writer of the passage C. a person with a problem ? D. an expert on students’ problems
罗伯特亨特对学生常见的问题作了一些建议。他觉得应该像劳拉 一样。“最好丌要逃避我们的问题。我们应该试着去解决它们。”他 认为第一步是要找到一个你信任的人谈谈。这个人并丌需要（像罗伯 特亨特一样）是一个与家。学生常常忘记了他们的父母比他们有更多 的经验，并随时帮助他们。在英国，我们说，共享一个问题，问题就 变成了一半。所以你只要找人倾诉，你的问题就解决了一半。
What is the main idea of this passage? C A. Few children are careful with their money. B. Parents are more experienced than children C. Talking to someone helps to solve problems. D. Students often have a lot of worries at school
? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1. 如今学生有很多困扰。 Students these days often have a lot of worries. 2. 我们在功课上有问题。 We have problems with our schoolwork (have problems with sth /doing sth ) 3. 我们和朋友吵架。 We have arguments with/ argue with friends. 4. 也许我们甚至担心父母的问题。 Perhaps we worry about/we are worried about parents’ problems.
? 5. 最糟糕的事就是什么都丌做。 The worst thing is to do nothing. ? 6. 在生活中问题和困扰是很正常的。 ? Problems and worries are normal in life. ? 7. 对一些人说有很大帮助。 ? Talking to someone helps a lot. ? 8. 问题被分担问题就被减半。 ? A problem shared is a problem halved. 10. 我们丌应该逃避问题。 We should never run away from our problems. 11. 我们应该试着解决。 We should try to solve the problems.
12. 第一步找我们信任的人对他们说。 The first step is finding someone we trust to talk to. 13. 父母比我们有更多的经验。 Parents have more experience than us. 14. 主要的事是寻找帮助。 The main thing is to look /looking for help. 15. 我曾经丢了钱包。 I once lost a wallet. 16. 我害怕告诉父母这件事。 I was scared to tell my patents about it.(be scared to do sth) 17. 我打赌你能猜到故事的结局。 I bet you can guess how the story ended. 18. 从今以后我将记得分担我的问题。 I will remember to share my problems in future
2c Read the passage again and answer the questions.
1. What is the worst thing to d
o if you have a problem? __________________________________________ To do nothing 2. Why didn’t Laura want to tell her parents about her lost wallet? __________________________________________ If she tells her parents, they will be angry.
3. What is the first thing you should do when you want to solve a problem? The first thing you should do is to find __________________________________________ someone you trust to talk to. 4. Why can our parents give us good advice about our problems? Because they have more experience, and __________________________________________ are always there to help us.
2d Fill in the blanks with the phrases in the box.
Students often have a lot of problems and worries. Laura Mills thinks the worst thing is____. She thinks 7 you’ll feel worse if you don’t ____your problems. Laura 5 remembers that she once lost her wallet and was 2 afraid to ____ about it.
1.discuss your problems 2.tell her parents 3.unless you talk 4.run away from 5.talk to someone 6.share her problems 7.to do something
run away from 逃跑；逃离；从…逃脱
Now she believes you cannot feel better ____ to 3 someone. She says she will always ____ in the 6 future. Robert Hunt agrees with Laura. He thinks you should not ____ your problems, but 4 you should try to solve them. If you cannot talk to an expert like Robert, you can ____ with your 1 parents, because they have a lot of experience.
2e Ask three students the following questions. Take notes of their answers.
1. What problems do you have with schoolwork? 2. Who do you talk to about these problems and why? 3. Who else can you get advice from? 4. Do you always tell your parents about your problems? Why or why not? 5. Do you ever give advice to your friends about their problems? What advice do you give?
? 1. 如果你分摊问题，你就感觉更好一些。 ? _____________________, you ___________ ? 2. 如果你寻求帮助，你就能找到。 ? _____________, you ________________. ? 3. 如果你成了运动员，你就会很容易受伤。 ? ________________, you ________ ________ injured.
1.You should keep the window ______ because the room is too hot. A open B opening C opened 2.We have some problems _______(solve) the problem. 3.They will lose the game ______ they try their best. A unless B once C since D after 4.Do you consider yourself a rude person? _______ not . I always have good manners. A Probably B Usually C Generally D Certainly
? If you share your problems, you’ll feel better. ? Students these days often have a lot of worries. Sometimes we have problems 16 our schoolwork, or arguments with our friends. Perhaps we 17 worry about our parents’ problems. ? What can we do about this? The worst thing is to do 18 . Laura Mills, a teenager from London, agrees. “Problems and worries are normal in life,” says Laura. “But I think talking to someone 19 a lot. If we don’t talk to anyone, we'll certainly feel worse.”
? Robert Hunt, a social worker from England, feels the 20 way. “In English we say that a problem shared is a problem halved. 21 a social worker, I have to agree with this. We should never run away from our problems. We should always try to 22 them. Usually, the first step is finding someone we trust to talk to.”
? Even Mr Hunt agrees that this doesn’t need to be an expert like 23 . We can talk to our friends, teachers, or our parents.We often forget that our parents have 24 experience than us, and are always there to help us. The main thing is to know that if you look for help, you’ll find it. ? “You’ll feel so much better if you talk to someone,” says Laura. For example, I once lost my purse, and I worried for days. I was 25 to tell my parents about it. I even walked three miles to school each day because I lost all my 26 . I just kept thinking, if I tell my parents, they’ll be 27 ! Anyway, I believe you can guess 28 the story ended. I talked to my parents and they were really understanding. My dad said he sometimes made 9 mistakes himself. They got me a new purse and just asked me to be more careful. I felt so much 30 after talking to them. I will always remember to share my problems in the future!”
( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( (
) 1. A. for B. with ) 2. A. even B. still ) 3. A. everything B. anything ) 4. A. disturbs B. worries ) 5. A. right B. wrong ) 6. A. Like B. As ) 7. A. solve B. keep ) 8. A. myself B. yourself ) 9. A. less B. more ) 10. A. glad B. excited ) 11. A. books B. money ) 12. A. pleased B. happy ) 13. A. which B. what ) 14. A. helpless B. careless
C. at D. from C. yet D. ever C. nothing D. something C. studies D. helps C. same D. different C. For D. Around C. think D. work C. herself D. himself C. fewer D. lots of C. scared D. sad C. stationery D. food C. worried D. angry C. how D. why C. harmless D. useless
1. If people have problems ,they should try to keep them to themselves. keep....to oneself意为“保守秘密”， 如：One must keep such interests to oneself. 有这类爱好不该让人知道。 We should keep their worries to themselves。 我们应该为他们的忧虑保守秘密。 keep....to oneself还可意为“不与人来往；不交际”， 如：Keep sb at arm's length not allow oneself to become too friendly with sb. 与某人保持距离;不使自己太亲近某人。
2. “Problems and worries are normal life , ” worries是名词worry的复数形式，意为“令人忧 伤的人或事”. worry意为“烦恼,忧愁,忧虑”,指因遭遇困难或不 如意的事而苦闷,是不可数名词。 如：My chief worry is that he doesn't have experience 我的主要忧虑是他没有经验。 Her happiness at seeing him submerged her former worries. 她看到他非常高兴，顿时完全忘记了先前的烦恼.
worry作及物动词，意为“使担心”；做不及物 动词，意为“ 担心”。 worry about /over sth/sb意为“担心某事/某人
”： 如：Your worry is always triggered by some external event or happening. 你总是为一些外因或事情而烦恼。 Don't worry, he'll be alright. 别担心，他不会有事的。 I did not want to worry my friend. 我没想麻烦我的朋友。
他担忧他的儿子。 He is worried ________ her son. _________ about He _________ _______her son. worries about
Students these days often have
a lot of ________.(worry) worries
The ______ mother is _______ about his son’s health. A worried, worry B worried, worried C worrying, worrying D worrying, worried
3.have problems with… 在…斱面遇到问题 have a problem with = have problems with 其后，可以 +人也可以+事情，表示和某人的 关系遇到困难戒正在棘手的事 I have a problem with my homework. We have a problem with math.
5. Her dad said he sometimes made careless mistakes himself.
careless做形容词，意为“粗心 的”“不小心的”, 在句中可用作定语或表语。 如：It was careless of you to leave the door unlocked. 你没锁门，太粗心了。 The careless waiter dropped the dish onto the ground. 那个粗心的侍者把盘子摔到了地上。
mistake意为 “错误,过失”,可指没有做对或做得不 好的事物,也可指错误的想法或见解,还可指“误解” 或“误会”。 mistake后可接介词短语、动词不定式、现在分词作 定语。接about表示“关于…的错误”,接in表示“某 方面的错误”。make a mistake表示“犯错误”; by mistake表示“错误地”。 如：You've made several grammatical mistakes in the composition. 你的作文中犯了几处语法错误。 Tom must have taken your dictionary by mistake. 汤姆一定是弄错了才拿了你的字典。
6. In English, we say that sharing a problem is like cutting it in half.在英语中，我们说与人分担一 个烦恼就像把麻烦分成两半。 share 是“分享；分担；共同承担”的意思。如： share a room with someone(与某人同住一个房间) share a book (和看一本书) share a taxi(同坐一辆出租车) cut…in half… “把…切成两半”；“把…一切为 二”cut 意为“切、剪” in half/ halves 是一种固定结构，此处in表示状态。 如： Please cut the orange in half. Now, all the oranges are in half.
7. So you’re halfway to solving a problem just by talking to someone about it! 你只要跟人聊聊这个问题，你的问题就解决了一半。 be halfway to… 表示“完成了或者做了事情的一部 分”，其中to为介词 如： we’re still only halfway to finishing the job 我们才仅仅完成了工作的一部分。 句中的by在这里表示方式，“通过（…办法）；使 用(…)方式”的意思。如： A： How do you study for a test? B: Well, most of time by going over the notes and reading the textbook.
conj. 除非，如果丌 prep. 除…乊外 连词unless意为“除非……如果
丌……”， 多引导一个否定意义的真实条件句，有时 也可引导非真实条件旬。unless引导条件 句时，主要用于下列情况。 You will miss the bus unless you hurry up． You’ll fail in chemistry again unless you work harder．
9.in the future future有未来的意思，常用短语如下。 in future从今以后 In future he will have to fend for himself. 以后他得自己谋生了。
in the future将来 Can you foresee what will happen in the future 你能预见将来会发生什么吗?