1. The park is c______ to the school.
2. It's a long d______ from Beijing to Fujian.
3. The computer is too expensive. I don't have e______ money to
4. Guangzhou is in Guangdong P______.
5. Doing chores at home all day is very d______.
6. c______ (the place where you can see the films)
7. s______ (the thing like the face of a computer or TV)
8. w______ (not having)
9. s______ (a place for sitting)
10. s______ (all the time)
11. Jim is funnier than ______ in his class.
A. any other boy B. any boy
C. any boys D. all the boys
12. The weather in Beijing is colder than ________.
A. in Hefei B. Hefei C. that in Hefei D. that of Hefei
13. Kate often goes to work ______ breakfast.
It's bad for her health.
A. with B. without C. on D. not have
14. -Can I ask you ______ questions?
A. any B. much C. some D. a little
15. Most people like Jazz 107.9 FM, because it ______ very
A. gives B. gets C. takes D. plays
16. What do you ____ this new watch?
A. think at B. think of C. think over D. think hard
17. -______ is the ticket?
-It's five yuan.
A. How many B. How long C. How far D. How much
18. -What does your brother do?
-He is ______.
A. a performer B. fine C. at school D. twenty years old
19. Let's have a rest, ______?
A. will you B. won't you C. don't you D. shall we
20. Mary is the youngest ______ the three girls.
A. in B. than C. of D. at
Who ______ ______ ______ sings the best in your class?
Let's go to ______ ______ restaurant for supper.
Zhang Wei runs _______ _______ _______Li Qiang.
Li Lei is the ______ person ______ ______.
Hotels in Beijing usually ______ ______ ______ in winter. IV. 用括号内所给形容词的适当形式填空。
26. Mr Read is very ______ (short).
27. She is ______ (old) of us all.
28. I think diving is ______ (difficult) activity of all.
29. English is ______ (important) than math.
3０. Kitty has ______ (little) milk of the three.
London is such a wonderful city. It is very large. The Thames River runs __31__ the city from west to east. So the city has __32__ parts: the South and the North. In the North, there are important buildings, shops, big parks and interesting places.
The weather in London is good. In winter it is not very cold and in summer it is not very hot __33__ the city is near the sea. People say __34__ London is a foggy city and it often rains. It is true.
Last year, when I __35__ in London I met one of the __36__ fogs in years. You could
hardly see your hand in front of your face. Cars and buses moved along with their lights on. When evening fell, the weather __37__ even worse. The fog was as thick as milk. __38__ the buses and cars stopped. I happened __39__ an important meeting on the other side of the town, but it was impossible to find a car. I had to get there __40__.
31. A. about B. through C. in D. along
32. A. four B. six C. five D. two
33. A. because B. so C. but D. or
34. A. what B. where C. that D. which
35. A. were B. am C. be D. was
36. A. thick B. thicker C. the thickest D. thickest
37. A. become B. got C. turn D. grow
38. A. All B. Each C. Every D. None
39. A. to have B. have C. having D. had
40. A. by car B. by bus C. on foot D. on the foot
Wang Lan and Wang Jing are students from Shanghai. They are sisters. They are looking for a new place to live in. They need to catch buses and trains every day. They can pay 375 yuan a week.
Wang Lan is 24 years old, and she is studying computer science. She goes to university every weekday and sometimes on Saturdays. She usually studies every night and she doesn't go out very often. She has a lot of books and a large desk. A quiet place is what she wants to live in.
Wang Jing is 19 years old. She is studying English at a language college. She has classes from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. After that she often plays badminton with her best friend at the college. Sometimes they go shopping. In the evening, she usually watches TV or studies with her friend. Sometimes they go to the cinema.
41. Wang Lan and Wang Jing are good friends.
42. Wang Lan and Wang Jing are looking for a good job in Shanghai.
43. Wang Lan is older than Wang Jing.
44. Wang Lan likes studying. She doesn't like going out.
45. Wang Jing is studying computer science in the university. VII. 书面表达。（15分）
要求: 1. 条理清楚，语句通顺，书写规范；
I. 1. bad 2. friendly 3. cold 4. big 5. comfortable
Key: 1. worse; worst 2. friendlier; friendliest 3. colder; coldest 4. bigger; biggest 5. more comfortable; most comfortable
II. 1. They have enough time to finish the work.
2. Do you like to listen to the radio?
3. Hefei is in Anhui Province.
4. Are you free today? Let's go to the cinema.
5. We can't see the moon in the daytime.
1. M: Is it colder in Harbin than Beijing?
W: Yes, it is.
2. M: Who is the happiest, Mary, Mike or Peter?
3. M: Is the bird faster than a plane?
W: No, it isn't.
4. M: Whose pencil is longer, Kate's or Jill's?
5. M: Jim is taller than John, but Tom is taller than Jim. Am I right?
W: Yes, you are right.
Key: 1-5 DECAB
IV. There was a concert in the Town Theater. The tickets were expensive. But Susan bought one. She went there early and listened to the singers carefully. She likes music very much. Every day she gets up early and sings by the lake behind her house. Miss Smith, her music teacher, often teaches her how to sing well.
Susan often sings to her friends and classmates. They like to listen to her. She hopes to be a singer. Miss Smith thinks the girl will be famous if she works hard.
Key: 1-5 CBCAB
I. A) 1. close 2. distance 3. enough 4. Province 5. dull
B) 6. cinema 7. screen 8. without 9. seat 10. still
II. 11. A。在比较级中，为了避免自己与自己相比较，常用than any other...结构。12. C。在比较级中，比较的对象必须一致，即比较的双方
必须是同一类事物。13. B 14. C 15. D。表示"播放；演奏"，英语中用play。 16. B。What do you think of...? 是一个句型，意为"你认为......怎么样？"。17. D 18. A 19. D 20. C。在最高级句子中，of表示"在......之中"，指在同类人、物中的比较，并把主语包含在内。
III. 21. do you think 22. the nearest 23. as fast as 24. tallest, I know 25. cut their prices
IV. 26. short 27. the oldest 28. the most difficult 29. more important 30. the least
V. 31-35 BDACD 36-40 DBAAC
VI. 41-45 FFTTF
Last week we did a survey of the readers about good places in our city. And this is what we learned. Most of the high schools are good, and the No. 10 High School is the best in our city. It has the best teachers and it's the most beautiful. People's Hospital is the best of all. It has the most comfortable beds and the friendliest service. Modern Cinema is the best. It has the biggest screens. The best clothing store in our city is Xiwang Clothing Store. It has the best quality and it's the most popular. As for radio station, most young people think Hefei 168 FM is the best radio station. It has the most news and the most interesting music.