51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64.
51. modern families 52. prepare breakfast
53. the advantages of digital household
54. enable sb to do sth 55. have an enjoyable day 56. keep food fresh 57. heating system
58. make the air in the room warmer
59. have an automatic temperature control 60. How delicious the seafood tastes! 61. download software 62. eat regularly
63. had better eat less and do more exercises 64. There have been some changes in the
technology of household appliances 65. first … , next … , then … , finally 66. press the ON button to turn on
67. use the PLUS or MINUS button to turn
the temperature up or down
68. press the FAN SPEED button to set the
69. press the OFF button to turn off the
70. press the POWER button to turn on the
71. press the OPEN /CLOSE button to put in
72. press the PLAY button to play the disc 73. Press the STOP button to stop playing 74. Press OPEN to open the door and put in
75. press POWER to set the power lever 76. Press TIMER to set the cooking time
使某人能够做某事 过得愉快的一天 使食物保鲜 加热系统
这些海产味道尝起来多鲜美啊! 下载软件 有规律地吃
65. 首先，接着，然后，最后 66. 揿ON 这个按钮打开空调
69. 揿OFF 这个按钮关掉空调
70. 揿POWER 这个按钮打开播放器
71. 揿OPEN /CLOSE 这个按钮把DVD放
72. 揿PLAY这个按钮播放光盘 73. 揿STOP 这个按钮停止播放 74. 揿OPEN 打开门把食物放进去
75. 揿POWER 设置微波火力 76. 揿TIMER 设置烹饪时间
Choose the best answer
1. Since this is your________ first visit to Britain, you'd better learn something about British
culture. A. a B. an C. the D. / 2. There is still ________ time left. Don't hurry.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
3. What hot weather! World you like ________to drink?
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
4. It's necessary________ you________ take a gift for the host or the hostess.
A. to...to B. for...for C. of...to D. for...to
5. Grandma Li was very ________the young man ________his kindness.
A. thank...for B. thankful to ...for
C. thankful for...to D. thanked...to
6. The roast duck taste so________ that I'd like to order one more.
A. good B. well C .nicely D. better
7. ________starters, we'll have two cups of mushroom soup.
A. With B. As C. To D. for
8. Let me leave the tip, ________?
A. shall I B. won't I C. will you D. don't I
9. ________you like your coffee, black or white?
A. what do B. How are C. What would D. How would
10. They were________ displeased with the service________ they left a very small tip.
A. so...that B. such...that C. too...that D. enough...that
11. The steak was ________rare for ________of us to eat________.
A. so...anybody…it B. too...any.../ C. so...any...it D. so...anybody.../
12. I'd like ________you ________a film tonight. Are you free this evening?
A. to treat...to see B. ask...to see
C. to treat...to D. invite...to
13. I like reading________ children's stories and detective ones
A. such a book as B. such as books
C. such books as D. book such as
14. It's ________to send an e-mail than a regular mail.
A. much more quickly B. quick
C. more quickly D. much quicker
15. He likes playing ______ piano, but his brother likes playing ______ football.
A. /; / B. the; the C. /; the D. the; /
16. Some people are afraid of the dark, so they often go to bed with the bedroom light _______.
A. on B. off C. out D. away
17. Jack is ill, so he has to teach ________ at home.
A. he B. him C. his D. himself
18. Tom should practise ________ table tennis every day if he wants to win the games.
A. play B. plays C. playing D. to play
19. Horses used ______ be used _________ carrying things for people.
A. to; to B. for; for C. to, for D. for; to
20. ---- Where is this MP4 player_______? – In China.
A. made of B. made C. made from D. made up of
Complete the sentences with the given words.
1. We can do word ________ (process) and surf the Internet on the computer.
2. We can use the keyboard for ________(type) in information.
3. Look！Two ________(mouse) are fighting for food over there.
4. Price ought to ________ (come) down soon.
5. The traffic lights are ________(control) by a central computer.
6. Locks of this kind can __________ (automatic) lock the door when close them.
7. Can you tell the __________ (different) between robots and ordinary machines.
8. Without treatment, she will almost __________(certain) die.
9. Going on a study trip is both __________ (enjoy) and rewarding.
10. The remote control is for __________ (run) the digital TV.
8. Her sweater is knitted (编织) ___________. Please ___________ the television before you go to bed. They have bought a lot of _____________ for their new flat. Kitty ___________ English and she will attend the English contest. They ___________ at yesterday’s party. You’d better ___________ your bad eating habit. Computers are not ___________ robots. – Can you show me how to operate the computer? – Sure. It’s ___________.
Rewrite the following sentences as required.
1. The girl is so clever that she can memorize all these new words quickly(改为简单句)
The girl is ________ ________to memorize all these new words quickly.
2. My friend knew something about the car accident .(改为否定句)
My friend ________know________ about the car accident.
3. I’d like my steak well-done.(对划线部分提问)
________ ________you like your steak?
4. My friend treated me to dinner at New Century Restaurant.(保持原句意思) My friend ________me to ________ dinner at New Century Restaurant.
5. Let’s go on an outing this weekend.(改为反意疑问句)
Let’s go on an outing this weekend, ________ ________?
Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words.
Joe Bloggs always had a cigarette on his lips. He smoked while he read, while he watched TV, a cup of coffee. He smoked forty cigarettes a day, but he was happy.
Joe’s friend, Fred Brown, said to him, “It is very bad to smoke.”
this, he started to worry and became thin. So he did not buy any more thin that he went to Fred for help.
Fred said, “You must eat ” So Joe did not smoke, but he ate chocolate, and he .
Fred said, “You must not eat chocolate.” So Joe eating chocolate, but he went back to smoke cigarettes. He became thin again but he was not happy, because he 3
2013年暑期初二英语讲义（通河） 上海儒林教育培训中心(9) smoked. Sometimes Joe Bloggs wished Fred Brown were not his friend!
76. ________ 77. ________ 78. ________ 79. ________
80. ________ 81. ________ 82. ________
Answer the questions.
One day, while I was walking along the street, I noticed a piece of wood. Under the wood was a small black cat. I picked him up and found he was badly hurt. I took it home as quickly as possible.
After several days, the cat got well. The cat was very small. I could even put him into my pocket. So I called it Little Bit. At that time, I loved Little Bit very much. Wherever I went, I always took him. Any time I was home, he never left my side.
However, I grew. I spent most of my time with my friends. I would come in the house on my phone and not make time for Little Bit at all. Until one day, I found something was wrong with him and I took him to the pet hospital, but they could do nothing. The poor cat filled my arms and died.
Little Bit’s death made me realize how much he meant to me. I feel sorry for not always being there for him. I will always remember the special memories we made.
83. Where did the writer find the cat?
84. How was the cat when the writer found him?
85. What did the writer call the cat?
86. Was the writer always with the cat when he grew up?
87. What happened to the cat after he was taken to the hospital?
88. How did the writer feel about the cat at last?
C. 76. drank 77. heard 78. so 79. more 80. again 81. stopped 82. still
D. 83. In the street. / Under a piece of wood.
84. He was badly hurt.
85. Little Bit.
86. No, he wasn’t.
87. He died.
88. He was sad. / He was sorry for not always being there for him. (Any reasonable answer can be accepted)