Revision for Mid-term Examination(unit3-unit4)
I. Fill in the blanks with the first letters given(首字母填空)
1. Look at your new t_________. Is English your favourite subject?
2. Tom often goes to the n_________ to buy Yangtzi Evening for his father.
3. How much p_________ money do you get from your parents every week?
4. Her mother often goes to the m_________ to buy some fruit.
5. There is an i_________ center in the museum.
6. Tennis,football,volleyball and basketball are all s_________.
II.Transformation of sentences(句型转换)
1. Anne lives in Newport.(改为否定句)Anne_________ _________in Newport.
2. Excuse me,how much is this cassette?(改为同义句)
Excuse me,_________ _________ _________ _________this cassette?
3. There are some picnic areas in Lanark.(改为一般疑问句)
_________there_________picnic areas in Lanark.
4. Ali and Mona live in the south east.(划线部分提问
_________ _________Ali and Mona live?
5. The house looks like a castle?(划线部分提问)
_________ _________the house look like?
1.在我们学校附近有一些公寓。There_________ _________ _________near our school.
I _________ _________the _________ _________near bus station_________school.
_________ _________ _________David_________piano lessons.
---May I have a_________at that_________.---_________ _________ _________.
There is_______ _______ ________ ________in the_______ ________near________ ________. IV.Reading Comprehension(阅读理解)
The second World War had begun,and John wanted to join the army,but he was only 16 years old,and boys were allowed to join only if they were over 18. So when the army doctor examined him,he said that he was 18.
But John’s brother had joined the army a few days before,and the same doctor had examined him too. This doctor remembered the older boy’s family name,so when he saw John’s papers,he was surprised. “How old are you?”he said. “Eighteen,sir,”said John. ”But your brother was eighteen,too,”said the doctor.”Are you twins?” ”Oh,no,sir,”said John,and his face went red.” My brother is five months older than I am.”
1. How old was John’s brother?
A. He was 16. B. He was 17. C. He was younger than John. D. He was 18.
2. John said he was 18 because_________.
A. He was 18. B. He wanted to join the army.
C. He was not over. D. His brother asked him to say so.