that which who whom whose when where why
The dog 作主语)
② The number of people Here comes the girl wants to see you .
2. 关系代词在句中① The noodles （作宾语）
This is the book that / which I want to read .
The letter that / which I received yesterday was from my father .
② Mr Li is a manwe should lear from .
① The novelcover was broken blongs to me .
② Henery is the boymother is our English teacher . I know the person company produces computers . This is the person
She is not the girl
关系代词which , that , who在定语从句中作主语或在及物动词或介词后作宾语
关系副词when , where, why在定语从句中作状语，即定语从句中不缺主语、宾语，只缺时间、地点或原因状语
关系副词（when , where , why ）
I still remember the day when I first came to Beijing .
We will never forget the happy time when we worked on the farm .
He came at a time when (at which ) we needed help .
This is the house where we lived last year .
The factory where his father works is in the west of the city .
After living in Pairs for fifty years , he returned to the small town where he grew up as a child .
There are several reasons why we can’t do that .
He couldn’t give the teacher a good reason why he was late for school .
Is this the reason why ( for which ) he refused our offer ?
The reason why ( for which ) she was ill is that she had eaten bad meat .
I’ll never forget the days that / which I spent with my teacher .
I’ll never forget the days when I worked with you .
It is the house that / which was built two years ago . It is the house where / in which I was born .
The reason which / that he gave was an excuse .
The reason why he was late was the rain .
Do you know the reason why he didn’t turn up ?
1. 先行词为不定代词all everying nothing anything little much none时或被这些词修饰时 ，关系代词只用that
All that can be done has been done .
This is the most beautiful park that I have visited .
The Titanic is the most dangerous film that I’ve ever seen .
The best one that I’ll choose will be you .
3. 当先行词被序数词the first , the second , the last等修饰时，只用that The first lesson that we have learned will never be easily forgotten .
This is the last class that we will have this term .
4. 当先行词被the only , the very , the last修饰时，只用that
( some any few much no very only )
The only student that may be elected is in our class .
I have no question that will be asked .
There was little that interested him at the meeting .
This is the very book that I am looking for .
We often talk about the persons and things that we remember .
The characters and the animals that are in the picture are very native .
The train ran over a boy and his dog that were just crossing the railroad .
6. 当主语是以who或which开头的疑问句时，为避免重复而用that Who is the girl that is standing there ?
Who is the boy that shook hands with you just now ？
Which is the hotel that you stayed at last month ?
7. 当way做先行词时，关系代词可以有三种形式 ①that ②in which ③× I don’t like the way that / in which / × you speak to your mother like that . 8. 先行词在句中作表语
Shanghai is no longer the city that it used to be .
1. This is the bag _____ my mother bought yesterday.
A. that B. who C. whom D. this
2. The man _____ lives next to us is my English teacher.
A. whom B. which C. who D. /
3. The girl _____ you saw in the street is Mary.
A. that B. whose C. which D. as
4. Is this the factory _____ a lot of students visited yesterday?
A. the one B. which C. who D. whom
6. The only language _____ is easy to learn is the mother tongue.
A. which B. that C. / D. it
7. The girl handed everything _____ she had picked up in the street to the police.
A. which B. in which C. that D. all
9. Please show me the book _____ you bought yesterday.
A. which B. whom C. whose D. this
10. This is the best book _____ I have been looking for all this year.
A. who B. whom C. which D. /
11. This is the only article of these that _____ written by him.
A. was B. were C. is D. are
12. The man _____ was here just now is a doctor.
A. whom B. who C. / D. he
13. The boy _____ has two lovely dogs.
A. who live next door B. which lives next door
C. whom lives next door D. that lives next door
14. Those _____ made no mistakes in today’s exercises please raise your hands.
A. which B. whom C. that D. who
15. The farm _____ we stayed last week is a lovely place for a holiday.
A. when B. where C. that D. at that
16. He is the most careful boy _____ I know.
A. what B. which C. as D. ./
17. This is the school _____ Mr. Smith once taught.
A. in that B. when C. where D. there
18. Have you visited the house _____ the famous scientist was born?
A. where B. in that C. that D. which
19. The factory _____ Mr. Li used to work was closed last week.
A. when B. where C. that D. which
20. Do you still remember the day _____ we first met?
A. that B. when C. what D. on that
21. October 1,1949 is the day _____ we’ll never forget.
A. when B. that C. where D. in which
22. October 1, 1949 was the day _____ the People’s Republic of China was founded.
A. which B. when C. where D. in which
23. Is this the shop _____ sells children’s clothing?
A. which B. where C. in which D. what
25. I still remember the sitting-room _____ my mother and I used to sit in the evening.
A. what B. which C. that D. where
26. Have you seen the girl _____?
A. that I told B. I told you of C. whom I told D. I told of
28. Finally the thief handed in everything _____ he had stolen to the police.
A. which B. that C. what D. whatever
29. The lecture spoke of some writers and novels _____ were known to us all.
A. which B. that
A. what C. who D. what D. where
D. matter 30. I can still remember the sitting room _____ my mother and I used to sit in the evening. B. which C. that 32. The only question _____ is to find our way home. A. that mattered B. that matters C. which mattered
34. The farmers used wood to build a house _____ grain can be stored.
A. with which B. where C. in that D. which
1. -Do you know the man ______is talking with your father？
-Yes， he’s our headmaster.
A. he B. who C. which D. whom
2. Is this the river _____I can swim？
A. which B. in which C. that D. the one
3. This is the best hotel in the city _____I know.
A. where B. which C. that D. it
4. Can you lend me the dictionary ______the other day？
A. that you bought B. you bought it
C. that you bought it D. which you bought it
5. Anyone ______with what I said may put up you hands.
A. which agrees B. who agree
C. who agrees D. which agree
6. My watch is not the only thing ______ is missing.
A. that B. it C. which who
7. The man ______coat is black is waiting at the gate
A. who’s B. whose C. that of which.
8. The girl ______ is reading under the tree _____my sister.
A. which； is B. whom； was C. who； is D. who；
9. I love places ______the people are really friendly.
A. that B. which C. where D. who
10. The world ______ is made up of matter.
A. in that we live B. on which we live
C. where we live in D. we live in
Ⅱ. 用适当的关系代词that， which， who， whom填空。
1. The first thing ______you must do is to have a meal.
2. April 1st is the day _____is called April Fool’s Day in the west.
3. The family _____had lost everything in a big fire got much help from their friends.
4. The house _____we live in is very old.
5. Didn’t you see the man ______I talked with just now？
Keys：1-5ACABA 6-10BCCAD 11-15CBDDB 16-20DCABB 21-25.BBADD 26-30.BDBBD 31-34ABDB
I. 1-5BBCAC 6-10 ABCCD
Ⅱ. 1. that 2. which / that 3. who / that 4. that / which 5. who/ whom/ that