Unit 4 TV programmes Grammar 2练习题
1. I'll give you _________ (far) details later.
2. He is the ____________ (tall) of the two.
3. She is not as ______________ (beauty) as her sister
4. The harder you work, the _________ (great) progress you'll make.
5. Hainan is the____________ (two) largest island in China.
6. She is one of ____________ (clever) students in our class.
7. Hobo was watching TV while Eddie ____________ (sleep).
8. Tom's sister does her homework ___________ (badly) than Tom.
( ) 1. Tom jumped ________than ________student in the sports meeting
A. higher, the other B. highest, any other C. higher, all D. higher, any other
( ) 2. The Mid-Autumn Day is usually ___________ September _______ October.
A. from, to B. on, and C. in, or D. in, and
( ) 3. He won't leave his office until he __________ his work..
A. will finish B. finishes C. is finishing D. finish
( ) 4. He found ________ very interesting _______ a horse.
A. that; to ride B. it; riding C. it; to ride D. that; riding
( ) 5. Do you know the differences _________ the four words?
A. among B. between C. from D. about
( ) 6. John can't understand you , because he know __________English.
A. So few B. so little C. such little D. such few
( ) 7. Because he was afraid, he walked faster and _________
A. fast B. more fast C. faster D. fastest
( ) 8. In a few ______ time, the green grass will ______ the whole playground.
A. years', be covered with B. years', cover
C. year's, cover D. year's, be covered with
( ) 9. We can watch TV programmes _______ 6:30 p.m. _______ 8:30 p.m.
A. from; to B. between; to C. to; from D. between; from
( ) 10. The horror film was filmed in a country _____ 2005 ________ 2006.
A. to; from B. between; to C. from; and D. between; and
( ) 11. The twins always come to school ____ than the other students.
A. very earlier B. too earlier C. much earlier D. more earlier
1. Who is _________(thin), Daniel or Simon?
2. This is _________ (wet) summer in the past five years of Nanjing.
3. Leo plays basketball _______(good) than Frank.
4. He can run as ________(fast) as you.
5. I’m too tired and I can’t go any _______ (far).
6. Kitty studies________(hard) than any other student in her class.
7. Among the four programmes , I watch the first one _______(regular).
8. He likes football _______(well) of all the students in his class. 9. She sang even ________(bad) than usual.
10. Mother asked her son to walk a bit ________(fast) . 11.Anna is _______ (slim) of the two.
12. Who do you think can jump _______(high) in your class?
13. Please send us the message as ________(quick) as possible.
14.He should speak _______(little) and listen _______(much).
15. Please tell them not to play so _______(noisy).
One day an old man went into a cafeteria (自助餐厅) to eat in America for the first time. He sat down at an empty table and waited for 1 to take his order. Of course nobody did. Finally, a woman with a plate 2 of food sat down opposite him and told him how a cafeteria 3
“Start out at that end,” she said. “Just go along the line and 4 what you want. At the other end they’ll tell you how much you have to 5 .”
“I soon learned that’s how everything works in the US,” the old man later told a friend. “ 6 is a cafeteria here. You can get anything you want 7 you are willing(自愿的) to pay the price. You can even get success, but you’ll never get it if you wait for someone to 8 it to you. You have to get up and get it yourself.” 9 , life everywhere is like a cafeteria. Don’t wait for things to happen to you. Success lies in your own 10
( ) 1. A. his friend B. his wife C. a stranger D. someone
( ) 2. A. fill B. filled C. full D. fulled ( ) 3. A. worked B. painted C. repaired D. planned
( ) 4. A. send out B. give out C. pick out D. look out
( ) 5. A. pay for B. pay C. cost D. spend on
( ) 6. A. School B. Life C. Office D. Company
( ) 7. A. if B. because C. though D. until
( ) 8.A. carry B. lend C. move D. bring
( ) 9. A. In peace B. In the end C. In fact D. In a hurry
( ) 10. A. work B. hands C. opinion D. books