1．犯错误 make mistakes 2. 以后，随后 later on
3. 没关系It doesn?t matter 4. 害怕去做某事be afraid to do sth
5. 嘲笑某人 laugh at sb 6. 做笔记，做记录 take notes
7．查字典，查阅 look up 8. 编照，组成 make up
9. 处理某事deal with sth 10. 值日 on duty
11. 生某人的气 be angry with sb 12. （时间）过去；消逝go by
1．你如何复习? How do you study for a test?
2．我通过听磁带学习。 I study by studying with a group.
3．你如何学英语? How do you learn English?
4．我参加小组学习。. I learn by studying with a group
5．你通过大声朗读学英语吗? 是的。 Do you learn by reading aloud? Yes, I do.
6．你曾经和朋友们练习对话吗? Do you ever practice conversations with friends?.
7．它提高我的口语技能. It improves my speaking skills.
Have you ever studied with a group? Yes, I have. I?ve learned a lot that way.
1. — _______ do you learn English? — I learn by working with a group.
A. When B. How C. What D. Where
2. What about _______ aloud to practice pronunciation?
A. reading B. make C. listening D.read
3. You can know the news by _______. A. studying grammar B. using them C. watching TV D. watch
4. The film is too_______. I don?t like it at all. A. interesting B. boring C. interested D. bored
5. — How do you learn English? —We learn new words _______ reading papers and magazines.
A. by B. through C. from D. with
6. It?s best_______ English like this. A. learning B. to learn C. learns D. learned
7. —How do you learn English? —______.
A. I learn English for the people B. I learn English by working with some students
C. I don?t like English D. I like English
8. —I want to improve my spoken English. —It?s better to _______ an English club.
A. join B. join in C. take part in D. take in
9. —What do you usually do when you meet with new words?
—Sometimes I _______ in the dictionary.
A. look up them B. look it up C. look them up D. look up it
10. When you practice, you should not end up _______ in Chinese.
A. speak B. say C. speaking D. saying
driver took him to ____ at once. The doctor said, “He needs an operation.” About five ___later, the operation was over.
1．过去经常、以前常常 used to 2. 非常害怕的；极度恐惧的 be terrified of sb/sth
3. 入睡 go to bed 4. 最后；终于in the end
5. 作决定；下决心 make a decision 6. 班主任 head teacher
7．令某人惊奇的是 to one?s surprise 8. 即使；纵然；尽管 even though
9. 不再 no longer 10. 对……感到自豪 take pride in sb/sth; be proud of sb/sth
11. 对……注意；留心 pay attention to sb/sth 12. 放弃give up sb/sth
1．你以前不高，是吗？ 是的。/ 不。
You used to be short, didn?t you? Yes, I did./ No, I didn?t.
2．你以前弹钢琴，是吗？ 是的。/ 不。
Did you use to play the piano? Yes, I did./ No, I didn?t.
3．我过去真的很安静。 I used to be very quiet.
4．我过去不喜欢考试。 I didn?t use to like tests.
5．你以前是长发。 You used to have long hair.
6．她以前有着弯曲的头发。 She used to have curly hair.
1. — Did you _______ play the guitar? — Yes, I did, but now I like playing the piano.
A. use to B. used to C. hope to D. want to
2. You used to play _______ soccer _______ the school team, and I played _______ piano.
A. the; on; the B. /; on; the C. a; in; the D. the; in; /
3. — You used to be really quiet, didn?t you? — ________. I was very outgoing at that time.
A. Yes, I did B. No, I didn?t C. Yes, I didn?t D. No, I did
4. — There_______ much clean water in the river, didn?t there? — Yes, but now it?s polluted(污染).
A. was B. is C. used to be D. used to have
5. Many girls are _______ walking alone in the dark, because it?s not safe.
A. terrified with B. terrified of C. worried about D. interested in
6. Don?t_____ about things so much. It will make you stressed out. A. afraid B. terrify C. terrified D. worry
7. Lucy is afraid of _______ in public. A. speaking B. speak C. say D. saying
8. There _______ a museum here. A. used to B. used to be C. used to have D. used to having
9. His grandma _______ drive to her office. A. used to B. was used to C. was used for D. did use to
10. —What do you do after school? —I spend much time _______ football with my classmates.
A. to play B. played C. play D. playing
I don?t mind living in a tall building. I quite like the exercise. Of course, it?s difficult for old people but I don?t mind. If you live on the top floor, like Mrs Smith, it?s not easy. You see, she?s seventy-eight next birthday, and it?s difficult for her to walk up to the top floor. And I don?t like the ground floor. I don?t think it?s safe. But I like my place. I?ve got three floors below me and three above. I feel very safe. My mum lives here, on the ground floor. She can?t go upstairs because of her leg. She?s got a bad leg. I go to see her sometimes.
1. How old was Mrs Smith last year? A. 76 years old. B. 77 years old. C. 78 years old. D.87 years old.
2. On which floor does the writer of this passage live?
A. On the top floor. B. On the sixth floor. C. On the fourth floor. D. On the ground floor.
3. The writer doesn?t like the ground floor because __________.
A. he likes the exercises B. he doesn?t think it?s safe C. it?s a tall building D. his mother lives there
4. For Mrs Smith, living on the top floor is _______.A. not easy B. a pleasure C. not difficult D. dangerous
5. The writer?s mother can?t go upstairs because __________.
A. she doesn?t feel safe enough B. she is as old as Mrs Smith
C. she likes the ground floor D. something is wrong with her leg
1．代替；而不是 instead of sb/sth 2. 熬夜 stay up
3. 全神贯注；专心于concentrate on sb/sth 4. 目前；现在at present=now
5. 养老院 old people?s home 6. 挡道的；妨碍人的 in the way
7．担心；关心 care about sb/sth
1．我认为学生们应该被允许和朋友们一起做作业I think students should be allowed to do homework with friends.
2．我不同意。他们谈话而不是做作业。 I disagree. They talk instead of doing homework.
3．16岁的人不应该被允许开车。 Sixteen-year-olds should not be allowed to drive.
4．我同意。他们还不够稳重在那个年龄。 I agree. They aren?t serious enough at that age.
Do you think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to choose their own clothes? Yes, I do./No, I don?t.
1. — I think playing basketball is interesting. — _______. Playing soccer is more interesting.
A. I don?t agree B. I think so C. I agree D. I don?t know
2. _______ should not be allowed to go out with their friends at night
A. Twelve- year-olds B. Twelve- year-old C. Twelve- year old D. Twelve year olds
3. He is________ to reach the top of the shelf.
A. enough tall B. tall enough C. enough short D. short enough
4. — I usually watch TV till 11 pm. — Really? Are you _______?
A. allowed to stay up B. allow to stay up C. allowed stay up D. allowed staying up
5. _______ Friday afternoon, we often help others. A. At B. In C. On D. Of
6. It?s not a good habit for children to _________.
A. study hard B. watch TV C. stay up late D. learn from others
7. You look tired. You _______ to have a good rest.
A. must B. may C. should D. need
8. — I really hope we?ll see the famous singer. — Maybe, if we are_______.
A. enough lucky B. lucky enough C. unlucky enough D. enough unlucky
9. — I think we students should wear uniforms. —_______. We look smarter in our own clothes.
A. I agree B. I disagree C. I think so D. Of course
10. Nobody under 16 should _______ to go to an Internet bar.
A. be allowed B. not be allowed C. allow D. are not allowed
四、篇章练习 be very careful. __3__ he crossed a street, he has to __4__ and look __5__ the right first and then the left. But in China, we look to the __6__ first.
When visitors are in London, they should learn__7__ to take buses and underground trains. The most important of all, they must know in which direction(方向) ___8___ are going and which bus and which underground train they should __9__. At the bus stop they should wait for their buses to come. As soon as they __10__ a bus, they must pay fares(费用).
1. A. to cross B. to meet C. to go D. to pass
2.A. have to B. must C. may D. can
3.A. After B. While C. When D. Before
4.A. stop B. wait C. stand D. look
5.A. at B. for C. after D. to
6.A. right B. behind C. left D. front
7.A. when B. what C. where D. how
8.A. they B. we C. you D. their
9.A. bring B. carry C. take D. go
10.A. get off B. get on C. get up D. get in
1．上百万上千万 millions of sth 2. …百万 具体数字＋million+sth
3. 担心be worried about sb/sth 4. 如果……将会怎样what if
5. 根本不 not…in the slightest=not at all 6. 充足、大量 plenty of
7．与……相处 get along with sb 8. 使……失望或沮丧 let sb down
9. 提出；想出（主意，回答等）come up with sth10. 急救 first aid f
11. 出版；发表come out sth
What would you do if you had a million dollars? I?d give it to charity.
2．如果我是你，我会穿衬衫戴领带。 If I were you, I?d wear a shirt and tie.
3．1如果我是你，我会带一个小礼物。 If I were you, I ?d take a small present.
1. What _______ you do if you won the lottery? A. will B. would C. shall D. could
2. If I _______ you, I would never _______ my parents down.
A. am, make B. am, let C. were, make D. were, let
3. I don?t have a present. What if ________ brings a present?
A. everyone other B. anyone other C. everyone else D. else everyone
4. I am _______ tired to go to a movie with you. A. so B. such C. very D. too
5. If Jim was at the party, he would talk_______ someone _______ looks friendly.
A. to, what B. for, who C. to, who D. for, what
6. He is afraid to speak in _________ public. A. the B. a C. an D. /
7. If a friend said something bad _______ you, what would you do. A. about B. on C. for D. of
8.Mr Smith asked a difficult question, but finally James _______ with a fairly good answer.
A. came up B. catch up C. go out D. think out
9. He looks_______ but he is easy to get along _______.
A. friendly, about B. friendly, with C. unfriendly, about D. unfriendly, with
10. _______ it rains when we can?t get under shelter? A. How about B. What about C. How if D. What if
SURFING THE INTERNET
The Internet or “World Wide Web” or “Information Highway” is an important part of modern lift that it is hard to live without it. One of the reasons why the Internet is so popular is that you can use it to find any kind of information at all.
The Internet is also a cool place to find games, music, pictures and movies!
The Internet is also very popular because it helps people to stay connected (保持联系) with each other. These days, you can send and receive emails to and from anywhere in the world in less than a minute.
People also talk with each other on the Internet by visiting online chat rooms to “talk” to old friends or meet new ones. Internet chat rooms are loved by people who want to meet interesting new friends. However, there are safety rules you need to know when you are making friends with strangers on the Internet.
Internet Safety Rules
1. Never give information about yourself to strangers you chat with online. Do not give them your photos, your address, your telephone number, where your parents work, the name and address of your school, etc.
2. Do not believe everything that strangers tell you, even if you think you know them very well.
3. Never meet people you chat with online without telling your parents, teachers or friends about it.
4. If you have to meet someone that you chat with online, make sure you go to a public place where there are lots of people around. If possible, ask a group of friends to go with you.
5. Tell your parents or teacher when people send you messages or pictures that make you feel uncomfortable.
6. Never tell anyone the passwords that you use on the Internet.
Although World Wide Web is quite a safe place, you must remember these rules when you surf on the Internet.
1. Where can people talk with each other on the Internet?
A. In the chat room B. In the cinema C. In the museum D. In the park
2. How long do you need to send an email to a friend in Germany?
A．In less than a minute B. In a day C. In a week D. In a month
3. What can we find on the Internet?
A. game B. music and movies C. pictures D. all the above
4. If you want to meet people that you chat with online, make sure what NOT to do?
A. Tell your parents, teachers or friends. B. Go to a public place.
C. Ask your friend to go with you. D. Go by yourself.
5. Which is not safe on the Internet?
A. Never give strangers your photo and telephone number.
B. Tell strangers your password used on the Internet
C. Never tell strangers your address and where your parents work
D. Never believe everything that strangers tell you.
1．属于 belong to sb/sth 2. 发带 hair band
3. 与某人约定、约会make an appointment with sb
4. 对某人某事焦虑担心be anxious about sb/sth
5. 赶上 catch up with sb 6. 从A逃至B处 escape from A to B
7．形成、组成、构成 make up 6. 用完；用光；耗尽 use up
Whose notebook is this? It must be Ming?s. It has her name on it.
Whose French book is this? It could be Carol?s. She studies French.
Whose guitar is this? It might belong to Alice. She plays the guitar.
Whose T-shirt is this? It can?t be John?s. It?s much too small for him.
1. — Whose book is it？ — It _______ belong to Han Mei. It has her name on it.
A. must B. can?t C. might D. could
2. — Who?s that woman? Is she your sister? — She _______ be my sister. My sister is taller.
A. must B. can?t C. might D. can
3. — Whose ping-pong ball is it？ — It _______ be John?s or Tony?s. They both like playing ping-pong ball.
A. can?t B. must C. mustn?t D. might
4. Look at that tennis racket. _______ it _______ you?
A. Does; belong B. Is; belong to C. Does; belong D. Is; belong
5. Tony is worried _______ his English test.
A. because B. because of C. so D. with
6. — Whose earrings are they？ — They might be a present _______ Bill?s mother.
A. in B. on C. at D. for
7. — Hi, Jenny. Why are you so unhappy? — Because I?m _______ about the test of tomorrow.
A. worry B. worries C. worried D. to worry
8. Mr Brown is afraid of taking a plane. He feels _______ before he gets on the plane.
A. happy B. comfortable C. anxious D. excited
9. Hurry up, or you won?t _______ the train.
A. miss B. catch C. keep D. sit
10. — Why is he running so fast? — He might be running _______ exercise.
A. for B. on C. at D. of
What do the people usually do on weekends? Some people like to at home, but others like to go out for a walk or play football. Mr Smith hard in a factory during the something different. On Saturday he washes his car and on he goes with his family to a village(村庄) by car. His uncle and aunt a farm there. It isn't a big one, but there is always to do on the farm. The children help with the animals and give them some （在田里）. At the end of the day, they are all and Mr Smith's aunt them a big meal.
l. A. play
2. A. works
3. A. day
4. A. make
5. A. Friday
6. A. bring
7. A. much
8. A. food
9. A. hungry
10. A. gives B. stay B. does B. Saturday B. work B. many B. rice B. angry B. puts C. be C. makes C. weekdays C. do C. Thursday C. have C. any C. cakes C. full C. makes D. so D. studies D. month D. has D. Sunday D. find D. most D. fruit D. happy D. does B. does B. year