1.prefer…to…＝like …betterthan… 喜欢…胜过…
3.Yellow River 黄河
4.suit sb fine
5.to be honest 老实说，说实在的
6.be bad for… 对…有害
7.be good for … 对…有好处 8.keep away from＝stay away from 与…保持距离 9.be in agreement 意见一致 10.tag question 附加疑问句
11.dance to music
12.sing along with music 跟着音乐唱歌
13.I like music that I can dance to. 我喜欢我能跟着跳舞的音乐。 14.I prefer music that I can sing along with . 我喜欢我能跟着唱歌的音乐。 15.I prefer musicians who play different kinds of music． 我更喜欢演奏各种音乐的音乐家。 16.What kind of music do you like? 你喜欢那种音乐？ 17.What’s the name of your favorite CD? 你最喜欢的CD的名字是什么？
18.What do you dislike about this CD? 你不喜欢这张CD的什么？ 19.What do you think of this CD? ＝How do you like this CD ? 你觉得这张CD怎么样？
20.Brazilian dance music 巴西舞蹈音乐
21.That’s not really important to me. 那对我来说真的不是很重要。 22.over the years 这些年来,很多年来 23.look for entertainment 寻求娱乐，找乐子 24.It does have a few good features. 它的确有些特色。
25.be sure to do 务必做…，记住做…
26.at the Lido Gallery
27.in the world today＝in the modern world 当今世界上
28.one of the best-known Chinese photographers 最著名的中国摄影师之一 29.in this exhibition 在这次展览中
30.on show＝on display＝on exhibition 展览 31.photos of people 人物照 32.photos of the countryside 乡村照 33.interest sb 吸引某人的注意
35.Whatever（无论什么）, however（无论怎样）, whoever（无论谁 ） ,wherever（无论哪里 ）
36.musical groups with pretty strange names 怪的名字的音乐组合 37.see sb come and go 有十分奇
38.make us happy
39.go on vacation
40.There’s nothing better.
42.make me feel sick
43.write a reply to sb
44.have to be honest and say
45.a good place to visit
46.Chinese music concert
48.go for Italian food
49.many different kinds of food许多不同种类的食物 50.my host family 我的房东一家 带某人参加印度电影
51.take sb to an Indian film festival 节
52.I only eat food that tastes good.我只吃味道好的食物。
53.keep healthy＝stay healthy
54.a group of young people
56.get-together 57.fast food 58.junk food 59.French fries 60.healthy food
聚会(n.) 快餐 垃圾食品 炸薯条，炸土豆
61.it’s been found in laboratory testing that…实验证明
62.some types of oil
63.cause cancer 65.increase by … 66.increase to …
致癌 增加得癌症的风险 增加了 增加到
64.increase the risk of cancer
67.The population has increased by 200000 to 50000000. 人口已增加了20万，达到了5千万的总和。 68.well cooked 69.a balanced diet 烤透了的 均衡的饮食
70.The main thing is to have a good balance.
74.a strict vegetarian 75.fried food 76.on a hot day
严格的素食主义者 油炸食品 在热天
1. I prefer music that has great lyrics. (P44)我更喜欢有好歌词 的音乐。 prefer是及物动词，意为“宁愿，更喜欢”，相当于like better。 Which do you prefer(=like better), rice or bread? 你比较喜欢哪一样，米饭还是面包？ 句型拓展 ◎prefer+(doing) sth+to (doing) sth 表示“宁愿……而不愿……”或“比起……更喜欢……” I prefer pears to any other fruit. 我喜欢梨胜过其他的水果。
My grandma prefers taking a walk to sitting in front of the TV.
我奶奶宁愿去散步而不愿看电视。 ◎prefer to do sth+rather than do sth 表示“宁愿做……而不愿做……”。
My brother preferred to do his homework rather than go to the zoo. 我的弟弟宁愿做作业而不愿去动物园。
1. prefer动词 更喜欢 宁愿 prefer sth. 更喜欢某事 I prefer English. 我更 喜欢英语。 prefer doing/ to do 宁愿做某事 I prefer sitting/ to sit.我宁愿坐着。 prefer sth to sth. 同…相比更喜欢… I prefer dogs to cats. 与猫相比我更喜欢狗。 prefer doing to doing 宁愿做某事而不愿做 某事 I prefer walking to sitting. 我宁愿走路也不愿 坐着。
2.The music reminds me of Brazilian dance music.(P46)
这音乐使我回想起巴西的舞蹈音乐。 remind sb of sb/sth表示“使某人回想起某人/某物”。 This song reminds me of China. 这首歌曲使我想起了中 国。
Thank you for reminding me of the meeting I have to attend. 谢谢你提醒我去开那个必须参加的会。 3. What do you think of it? (P46)你认为它怎么样？ think of和what连用，表示“觉得……怎样”，“认
为……如何”，常用来询问对方对某人或某一事物的看法、 感受、印象如何，相当于How do you like...?
What do you think of the story? =How do you like the story?
4. ...they don’t interest me as much. (P48)……
它们同样唤不起我的兴趣。 (1)interest 作动词时，表示“使发生兴趣，引起注意”。 The story does not interest me. 这故事引不起我的兴趣。
I try to interest him in our plan.
我设法使他对我们的计划感兴趣。 ◎interest sb in doing sth
He tried to interest me in buying the house.
买这座房子。 （2）as much在句中表示“同样地，同等程度地”。
That is as much as saying I am a liar.
５. Whatever you do, don’t miss this exhibition. (P48)无论如何都别错过这次展览。 whatever在这里是连接代词，意为“无论什么” 是由“疑问词+ever”构成的。 Whatever has a beginning also has an end. 凡事有始 必有终。 Whatever you do, you should always do carefully. 不管做什么，你都应该认真。
知识拓展 类似的词还有whenever, wherever, however, whoever， 分别是“无论什么时候”、“无论在哪里”、“无论 什么方式”、“无论谁”的意思。 Whenever I meet him, he says hello to me with a smile. 无论什么时候我遇到他，他都微笑着和我打招呼。 The little boy went wherever his mother went. 不论他妈妈去哪儿，这个小男孩都跟着。 In my own house, I can do whatever I wish. 在自己家中， 我可以随心所欲。 Uncle Tom told his story to whoever wanted to listen. 谁爱听，汤姆叔叔就把他的故事讲给谁。
The Attributive Clause （定语从句）
由于关系代词在主句与从句间既起到联系作用，又在 从句中充当一个成分，因此， 要正确判断关系代词在 从句中的功能，如作主语还是宾语等。
1. who指人,作主语或宾语 (作宾语可省略）
The man who I talked with is our teacher. A person who steals things is called a thief.
2. whom指人,作宾语 (作宾语可省略, 如介词提前则不能省) The man (whom/who) I nodded to is Mr. Li. The man to whom I nodded is Professor Li.
3. which 指物，作主语或宾语 (作宾语可省 略, 如介词提前则不能省)
These are the trees which were planted last year.
This recorder （which） he is using is made in Japan. Is this the library (which) you borrow books from? Is this the library from which you borrow books?
4. that 指人/物，作主语或宾语 (作宾语可省略） A plane is a machine. It can fly. A plane is a machine that can fly.
He is the man. I told you about him. He is the man (that) I told you about.
Fill in the blanks with who, whom, that, or which.
1 The earthquake ____________ hit the city in 1906 which/that was the biggest in American history. 2 We don’t know the number of people __________ who/that lost their homes in the 1906 earthquake. 3 The house ____________ they built in 1987 which/that stayed up in the earthquake. 4 A house which/that is built on sand may fall ___________ down in an earthquake. 5Luckily none of the people who/whom I know ___________ were killed in the earthquake. 6 people _________ study earthquakes thinks that who there will be another big one soon.
1. I like music that I can dance B . A. with
B. to C. along D. on 2. Some of her famous photos are A display in this exhibition . A. on B. in C. at D. about 3. Joe A visit London last year. A. did B. real C. was D. goes to 4. Maths doesn’t B me at all. A. interesting B. interest C. interested D. interests 5. I want to buy a book D radio. A. from B. to C. for D. about
6. I D singing to dancing . A. like B. enjoy C. love D. prefer 7. He has a friend who C the piano very well . A. play B. playing C. plays D. played 8. It’s too late. I A go home now, or my parents will be angry with me. A. have to B. have C. may D. can 9. Though it was late, D he went on with his work . A. but B. and C. so D. \ 10. We will have a B holiday after the exam . A. two month B. two-month C. two-months D. two months
B 11. Don’t worry. There is with your baby. A. something wrong B. nothing wrong C. anything serious D. something serious 12. I saw him A football on the playground yesterday. A. play B. to play C. played D. plays 13. He didn’t go to the cinema. C , he went to the park. A. While B. If C. Instead D. Either 14. I like sweet food. Ice cream D me very well. A. fit B. fits C. suit D. suits 15.The boy D TV all day, he did nothing. A. keep watching B. kept to watch C. keeps watching D. kept watching
41. The man who is talking with my mother is my father . 42. That book is the one that I bought yesterday . 43. He is one of the workers who have been saved in that accident . that 44. They talked of the things and persons _____they remembered in the factory . 45. All that can be done must be done .