What do you usually do on weekends?
I usually help my parents.
What do you usually do on weekends? I usually help my parents.
prepare for an exam
meet my friends
Let’s go hiking tomorrow.
Sorry. I have the flu. I have to go to the doctor.
根据箭头指向的汉语说出英 语短语。 play basketball 准备考 试 have the flu 去音乐 去看病 会 play the piano 去见 go to the doctor 弹钢琴 朋友 help my parents go to the concert 打篮球 得了流 prepare for a test 帮父母 感 meet my friend
A: Can you come to my party? B: Sure, I’d love to.
Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
A: Can you play basketball with us? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
study for a test
A: Can you … ?
B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
go to the doctor
A: Can you …? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
visit my friend
go to the concert
1. prepare v. 使做好准备；把……准备好 e.g. Don’t prepare dinner this afternoon. Let’s eat outside. 下午不用准备晚饭了。我们出去吃。 2. prepare for 为……做准备 e.g. We need to prepare for the New Year. 我们需要为新年做一些准备。
3. exam n. (= examination)考试 e.g. Did you do well in the math exam? 你在数学考试中做得怎么样？
4. flu n. 流行性感冒；流感 e.g. Doctor, I think I have the flu. 医生，我觉得我得流感了。
1a Match the phrases with the pictures (a-e).
1. prepare for an exam ______ a e 2. help my parents ______
3. go to the doctor 4. meet my friend 5. have the flu
______ d ______ b ______ c
1b Listen and write the names
(Tim, Kay, Anna and Wilson) next to the correct students
in the picture.
You are the students in the picture. Student A, invite three students to your party. Student B, C and D, give answers.
Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon?
Sure, I’d love to.
Sorry, I can’t. I have to prepare for an exam.
I’m sorry, too. I must go to the doctor.
Listen and circle 2a can or can’t.
1. Jeff (can / can’t ) go to the party. 2. Mary (can / can’t) go to the party. 3. May (can / can’t) go to the party. 4. Mei Ling (can / can’t) go to the party. 5. Paul (can / can’t) go to the party.
2b Listen again. Who can’t go to the
party? Why? Complete the chart. Names Jeff May Reasons meet his friend on Saturday has the flu
Mei Ling study for a math test
1. available adj. 有空的；可获得的 avail + able → available
e.g. Is there a room available tonight? 今晚有空闲的房间吗？
2. another time 其他时间；别的时间 e.g. Let’s talk more another time. 改天再谈。 We can do it another time. 我们可以找别的时间做。 He’s busy. Why don’t you come another time? 他很忙。你们另外找时间再来怎么样?
3. until conj. & prep. 到……时；直到……为止 not … until 直到……才 e.g. Go straight down the street until you see the bank. 一直走，直到你看见银行。 He didn
’t go home until he finished his work. 直到完成工作后他才回家。
4. hang v. (hung) 悬挂；垂下 e.g. Hang your clothes on the line. 把你的衣服挂在绳上。 5. hang out 常去某地； 泡在某处 e.g. I like to hang out at mall with my friends. 我喜欢和朋友们一起 去购物中心闲逛。
6. catch 及时赶上；接住；抓住
e.g. I have to run to catch the bus. 我不得不跑着去赶公交车。
Look at the reason in the chart in 2b. Write some more. Then, Student A, invite your partner to do something. Student B, say you can’t go and why.
1. too much homework 2. ____________________ 3. ____________________ 4. ____________________
Hey, Dave. Can you go to the movies on Saturday?
I’m sorry, I’m not available. I have too much homework this weekend.
That’s too bad. Maybe another time.
Sure, Joe. Thanks for asking.
Read the conversation and answer the questions.
1. What did they do last fall? ___________________________________ They went bike riding. 2. What does Nick have to do on Saturday?
Nick has to prepare for an exam. ___________________________________
3. When will they hang out?
On Monday night. ___________________________________
Role-play the conversation. Hey! Nick, can you come to my house on Saturday? … Oh, Sam! I remember we went bike riding together last fall when …
1. Sam isn’t leaving until next Wednesday. 在英语中，not … until …是一个常见句 型，表示“直到……才……”。在口语 中，还可使用till代替until，构成not … until…结构。 e.g. Don’t leave today’s work till tomorrow. 不要把今天的事留到明天去做。 I didn’t go to bed last night until past midnight. 昨晚我过了午夜12点才睡。
2. Catch you on Monday! 礼拜一见！ 这是英语中道别的又一种说法，相当 于See you on Monday! 类似的说法还 有：Catch / See you later! (回头见！)
假设你将于这个周末过生日，并开一 个生日聚会，你邀请朋友们参加你的聚会， 但有几名同学因故不能来，请你将与他们 的对话用英语写出来。
Can you play soccer tomorrow afternoon?
Sure. I’d love to.
I’m afraid not. I have the flu.
Can Kate go fishing tomorrow morning?
No, she can’t. She must prepare for the math exam.
Can Linda hang out on Saturday afternoon?
No, she’s not available. She has to help her mom.
Can Nick and Peter go hiking tomorrow?
No, they are not free. They might have to visit their grandparents.
根据课本内容，完成下列句子。 1. 星期六你能来我的聚会吗？ Can ____ you come to my party on Saturday? _____ 2. 当然，我乐意去。Sure. ____ ____ ___. I’d love to 3. 对不起，我必须为数学考试而学习。 must study for Sorry, I _____ ______ ____ a math test. 4. 明天晚上你能去看电影吗？ Can you ____ to the movies __________ go ____ tomorrow night?
5. 当然可以，听起来很棒。 _____, that __
_____ _____. Sure sounds great 6. 恐怕不行，我得了流感。 afraid flu I’m ______ not. I have the ____. 7. 他能去聚会吗？ ____ he ___ to the party? Can go 8. 不能。他得帮助他的父母。 No, he _____. He _____ to help his parents. can’t has 9. 她能参加棒球比赛吗？ ____ she go to the baseball ______? Can game
10. 不，她没有空。她必须去看医生。 No, she’s ____ _________. She ______ not available must ___ to the _______. go doctor 11. 他们能去看电影吗？ ____ they ____ to the _______? Can go movies 12. 不，他们没有空。他们可能必须去见朋 友。 free might have No, they’re not ____. They _____ _____ ___ meet their ________. to friends
can 用于表示“________”，如： 能，会 汤姆会骑马。___________________ Tom can ride a horse. Can you…? 表达 “____________”， 邀请或建议 答语：同意用 Sure, I’d love to. _________________ 不同意用 Sorry, I can’t. I … __________________________ __________________________ 或 I’m afraid not. I have to … 如：恐怕不行，我要去探望我的姑姑。 I’m afraid not. I have to visit my aunt. __________________________________
1. invite v.
e.g. I’d like to invite you to dinner. 我想邀请你吃晚饭。
2. accept v. 接受
e.g. They didn’t accept his money. 他们没有接受他的钱。
3. refuse v. 拒绝 e.g. The girl refused his invitation. 女孩拒绝了他的邀请。
Complete the answers with might 3a and one of the phrases in the box.
watch TV, on the weekend, my cousin, visit my grandparents, practice the violin
1. A: What are you going to do on Saturday? watch TV B: I’m not sure. I might __________. 2. A: What are you planning to do after school? B: I don’t know. I might practice the violin ______________________.
3. A: When will you finish the science homework? I might finish it on the weekend B: ______________________________. 4. A: Who are you going to the movies with? B: __________________________. I might go with my cousin 5. A: Are you free to come to my place on Saturday? B: Sorry. I might visit my grandparents ________________________________.
Complete the sentences below. Use 3b the words in brackets to help you. 1. Inviting: ____________________________ (can/play tennis) Accepting: ________________________ 2. Inviting: _____________________________ (would like to/go to the movies) Refusing: _____________________ Reasons: ____________________________ (might have to)
3. Inviting: ___________________________ (can/hang out with us tonight) Refusing: __________________________ Reason: _____________________ (must) 4. Inviting: ___________________________ __________________________ (would like to / come to my birthday party) Accepting: _________________________
拒绝邀请应给出理由。 2. 按提示词，用Can you
…?或Would you like …? 加上所做事项来询问。如果是拒 绝邀请，可以想一个适当理由来说明。
1. Can you play tennis with us? Sure. I’d love to. 2. Would you like to go to the movies? I’m afraid I can’t. I might have to prepare for the math exam. 3. Can you hang out with us tonight? Sorry. I can’t. I must help my mom at home. 4. Would you like to come to my birthday party? Sure. I’d love to.
Write down everything you have to do next week. Choose a day and time to have a party. Then invite classmates to your party.
Invite your classmates to your party. See if they are available. Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon? Sure. I’d love to.
I’m sorry. I must practice the violin on Saturday afternoon.
I’m afraid not. I have the flu.
A: Hey, Bob. 1. ___________ B: I’m sorry. I have to help my parents. A: 2. ________. How about you, Ling Ling? Can you come to my party? L: 3. _________ A: On Saturday afternoon. L: Oh, no, I can’t. 4. ____________ A: That’s too bad. 5. _____________. L: Sure! Thanks for asking.
A. That’s too bad.
B. Can you come to my party? C. Are you going shopping with me? D. Maybe another time. E. I have to study for a test. F. When is it? G. I’d love to.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3. ____ 4. _____ 5. _____ B A F E D
你的朋友邀请你去看电影，请 根据在3c中所填写的信息编写 一个与你朋友的对话。 A: Can you go to the movie on Saturday evening?
B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …