Starter Unit3 what color is it?
The Second Period (4a-4d)
1. Knowledge Objects
⑴ Function: Identify colors.
⑵Key Vocabulary: now, see, can, say, my, the.
⑶ Target Language: - What’s this/ that?
-What color is it?
2. Ability Objects
1. Be able to talk about colors.
2. Master the pronunciation of the sounds made with the letters A, E, I, O, U.
3. Moral Objects
Lead students to learn the meaning of different colors and appreciate the beauty of colors.
Ⅱ.Teaching Key Points
1. Key vocabulary in this period.
2. Master the pronunciation of the letters.
Ⅲ. Teaching Difficult Points
The sounds made with the letters A,E,I,O,U.
The usage of a/an.
Ⅳ. Teaching Methods
Speaking and writing methods
Ⅴ. Teaching Aids
A tape recorder.
Ⅵ. Teaching Procedures
Step 1 Warming up and review
2. Review the colors and letters.
Let students read the colors and letters on Page s9.
3. Review the target language.
Teacher asks questions: What’s this? What color is it?
Students answer questions.
Step 2 Practice 4a
1. Find the letters from A to Z. Write the small letter next to each big letter.
2. Ask students read the letters together.
Step 3 4b Listen and sing
1. Let students read the words of the song.
1. Ask students to close their books. Then play the tape and let students repeat and sing the song.
2. Let students sing the song together.
Step4 4c Listen and repeat
1. Invite some students to read these letters and words (correct their mistakes of pronunciation if any).
2. Then ask them to listen to the tape and repeat. Finally, read them together.
3. Ask students to turn to P75.Teach students the sounds made with A, E, I, O, U and the usage of a/an.
Step 5 4d Listen and read the chant
1. Play the recording of the chant, ask students to listen carefully and pay attention to the pronunciation and intonation.
2. Repeat it again, and then read the chant together.
Step 6 Summary
Let the students show what they have learned in this class.
1. Copy the new words and sentences and try to remember them.
2. Finish the guidance case.
3. Preview the next unit.
Starter Unit 3 what color is it? The Second Period (4a-4d)
Words: now, see, can, say, my, the Target language:
- What’s this/ that?
-What color is it?