九 年 级 英 语 第 二 单 元 试 题
A.据句意及首字母提示，将所空单词补充完整。 1. 1. It is ________ (必要) that you attend the meeting today. 2. His careless driving ________ (引起) the car accident. 3. My biggest ________ (问题) is that I can’t sleep at night. 4. Just now I saw the teacher ________(聊天) with my mother. 5. He's too difficult, so helping with him is a ________ （浪费）of time
6 . I’（打扰）you, but can I talk to you for a moment? 7 You must __________ （嚼）your food well before you swallow it. 8 A fly is a kind of ______ （昆虫）
9．You must pay _________ (注意)to your health. 10. I was shocked at the news of his ________(死亡) B. 用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空：
1. The woman was ____________(worry) because her son was trapped between two walls.
4. She made a ________ (decide) to go on vacation.
__(important) of learning English. 6. When I was a child , I was _________(interest) in music.
7. The little boy is quite shy . He is ________(terrify) of speaking in public. 8. Jane has got a warm and__________(outgo) personality. 9. I heard such a _________(fun) joke last night. 10. The local people there are very _________. (friend)
11. Her _______(big) problem is that she can’t sleep well at night. 12. My father always spends too much time________ (watch) TV.
13. We hope you can give up ’s bad for your health. 14. I______ (real) miss my friend Joan. She moved to another city. 15. My partner used to be afraid of _______ (be) alone. 16 He ___________(buy) a new dictionary two weeks ago. 17His words kept me____________(think) for a long time.
18 I ___________(not finish) the story-book yet. I _________(just begin) to read it. 二、 选择填空：
( )1. Tom used to be short ,________?
A. doesn’t B. didn’t he C. did he D. does he
( )2.—What do you think of Mr. Green? –Oh, he is really _____, because he never smiles.
( )3. _______ took me seven days to finish the work.
( )4. Jack plays __________ soccer , but he doesn’t play _______ piano. A. / , the B. the, the
C. the, /
D. /, /
( )5. That old man lives _________, but he never feels ___________.
A. alone , alone
B. alone, lonely C. lonely, alone D. lonely, lonely
( )6. 22. .___________ work in Microsoft?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to C. Do you used to D. Do you use to ( )7. –Why couldn’t you really enjoy your holiday?
--Because I was sick _____ I was there. A. all the same
B. all time
C. all the time
( )8. —What ________ the forest of the USA in the last 350 years?
A. has happened to B. is happened to C. has happened at D. is happening ( )9.Go _______ to the end of this street and then turn left.
B. right C. wrong
( )10. It’s getting late, I ____________ go home.
B. have to C. must have to
( )11.I often _________ an hour in the morning reading English. A. take
( )12. Time lost will never return ___________.
A. no more B. some more
C. any more
D. no longer
( )13.My father often __________ me to the concert on Sunday nights.
A. brings B. carries C. gets
( )14. My life has changed a lot during the ____________ years.
A. past a few
B. past few
C. a few past
( )15._______ seems that Jane knows the bad news. A. That
B. This C. It
( )16. --Why are you so tired these days? --Well, I have _________ work to do.
A. so much
B. so many
C. so few
D. so little
( )17. Mrs. Wang was so ________ that she couldn’t stop _________.
A. excited; cry B. excited; crying
C. exciting; crying D. exciting; to cry
( )18. He is afraid of ___________ strangers.
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. seen
( )19 Would you mind my ________ the window?
( )20. It ___________ that he has been ill for a long time. A. seems B. looks C. looks as if D. seems as if
A: Have you finished your homework? A: Don't worry. I'll help you.
myself. Could you lend me your English- Chinese dictionary?
B: Thanks a lot. Is Miss Gao in the office? A: Oh, no. She's out at the moment.
A: I think she's at the library. She told me she wanted to borrow some books.
be terrified of , used to, chat with, make a decision, in the end, as well as take pride in, pay attention to ,give up, to their surprise 1. Don’t speak loud. Please _____________ your teacher.
2. Though I didn’t do well in my lesssons, I never _________. 3. He does his homework _________ his sister. 4. In the past, she __________ her children’s success. 5. ___________, all of them passed the exam. 6. He __________ be late for school, didn’t? 7. With many choices, it’s hard to _____________.
8. He tried many different jobs. _________ he became a teacher. 9. Miss Tang ___________ flying on an airplane for the first time. 10. Who were you ______________ at nine last night? .阅读理解
A computer company (电脑公司)has a special(特殊的)person. He answers all the questions sent to him. The person is a 63-year-oldman. He is known for always finding the right answers. On the Internet(因特网),more people are finding out about this clever man. He does not look like a computer expert(专家).He has white hair and he is kind and polite. He feels that his age helps him with his work. People have asked questions about a lot of things and he remembers most of them. He tries to return the answers within 24 hours on the Internet. The questions are very different each day. He loves his work. Other companies do riot have such a person. Of course they don’t have to pay any more money, either. But it’s important for good computer companies to have a person to answer the questions. It keeps the computer buyers happy. Happy buyers will keep coming back. 根据短文内容选择正确答案
1 How does the special person answer the questions?
A. He answers the questions in the letters, then he sends them off in the post office. B. He asks the people to come to the company and get the answers. C. He answers the questions on the Internet. D. He asked others to answer the questions instead. 2 People know him because_______. A. he is the head of the company
B. he has white hair and he is kind and polite
C. he does not look like a computer expert
D. he can always find the right answers to their questions
3 Which of the following sentences has NOT been mentioned(提及)? A. He remembers almost all the things that people ask about. B. He’s old and he doesn’t have to work at all. C. He thinks that his age is helpful. D. He is 63 years old.
4 What will happy computer buyers do? A. They’ll stop asking questions.
B. They’ll stop buying because they have what they want. C. They’ll go to other computer companies for cheaper computers. D. They’ll come back for more business.
1 read comics 2 chew gum 3. short 4 get up early 5 medium build 6 play on the swim team 7 sleep with light on 8 play games
9 straight hair 10 heavy 11 watch TV 12 thin 13 paint pictures 14 attend gym class 15 eat candy
A 容貌外表__________ __________ __________ __________ __________
B 生活习惯__________ __________ __________ __________ __________ C 活动爱好__________ __________ __________ __________ __________ 二、英英释义。选出正确的英文解释填入相应的括号内。 1. comic a. almost no
2. hardly b. fill with fear
3. insect c. books or magazines with stories in the form of drawings
4. terrify d. winged animals with 6 legs 5. dark e. having little or no light 三、单项选择。
1. I ___________ frustrated when I wasn’t sure of the correct answer. A. may be B. used to C. used to be D. use to be
2. When I was a child, I used to ___________ chocolate.
A. liking B. like C. liked D. likes 3. ___________ work in Microsoft?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to C. Do you used to D. Do you use to 4. Where ___________ live before you came here?
A. did you used to B. did you use to C. use he to D. he used to 5. No one likes him ___________.
A. still B. never C. anymore D. too 6. I am ___________ of spiders.
A. terrify B. terror C. terrifying D. terrified 7. He is afraid of ___________ strangers.
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. seen 8. It ___________ that he has been ill for a long time. A. seems B. looks C. looks as if D. seems as if
9. I always go to sleep ___________ the light on.
A. in B. with C. to D. and
10. Don’t ___________ about things so much. It will make you stressed out. A. afraid B. terrify C. terrified D. worry
1. I used to play tennis. I stopped playing a few years ago. 2. Do you do any sport? Yes, I play basketball.
3. ‘Have you got a car?’‘No, I _______________ one but I sold it.’ 4. George _______________ a waiter. Now he’s the manager of a hotel. 5. ‘Do you go to work by car?’‘Sometimes but most days I_______________ by train.’
6. When I was a child, I never _______________ meat, but I eat it now. 7. Mary loves watching TV. She _______________ TV every evening.
8. We _______________ near the airport but we moved to the city centre a few years ago.
9. Normally I start work at 7 o’clock, so I _______________ up very early. 10. What games __________ you _______________ when you were a child? 六、用used to或anymore的正确形式填空。
My grandmother complains about how things have changed, and she says that life 1 be better.
Families aren’t families the way they 2 be. Everyone’s divorced.(离婚) If a husband
and wife are having problems with their marriage, they don’t stay together 3 . And
mothers 4 stay home and take care of their children, but not 5 . Everyone’s working.
No one has time for children 6 .
And the cars! No one walks 7 ; everybody drives. We 8 walk five miles to school
everyday, even in winter.
And people don’t talk to each other 9 . They are too busy to talk, too busy to eat, too busy to think…
Life 10 be simple, but it isn’t 11 .
Holly: Did you see Jim Jensen? He used to be so wild!
Greta: Yes, but he 1 (be). He looks very conservative（保守） now. Holly: Was he thin in high school? I don’t remember. Greta: Yes, and he 2 (be). Holly: 3 (he, wear) glasses? Greta: Yes, he does.
Holly: 4 (he play) the guitar?
Greta: Yes, he does, but now he plays classical guitar. He 5 (play) rock and roll 6 .
Holly: Didn’t he used to have long hair?
Greta: Yes, he did, but now he’s bald. I also saw Jan Bissing at the reunion（校庆）.
Remember her? She used to be the most popular girl in school.
Holly: What does she look like now? 7 (she, look) the same?
Greta: Yes, except for her hair. She 8 (have) long, brown hair 9 . It’s short and
blonde. And she 10 (be) cute! She 11 (have) those big blue eyes and those thick
Holly: There was something different about her…didn’t she always used to wear a hat?
Greta: Yes, and she 12 (do).
一、A. 容貌外表 3 5 9 10 12
B. 生活习惯 2 4 7 11 15
C. 活动爱好 1 6 8 13 14 二、1. c 2. a 3. d 4. b 5.e
三、1. C 2. B 3. B 4. B 5. C 6. D 7. B 8.A 9. B 10.D 四、2. He used to play football 3. She used to be a taxi driver. 4. They used to live in the country.
5. He used to wear glasses.
6. This building used to be new. 五、3. used to 4. used to 5. go to work 6. used to eat 7. watches 8. used to live
9. get 10. did…use to play
六、1. used to 2. used 3. anymore
4. used to 5. anymore 6. anymore
7. anymore 8. used to 9. anymore
10. used to 11. anymore
七、1. isn’t anymore 2. still is 3. Does he still wear
4. Does he still play 5. doesn’t play 6. anymore
7. Does she still 8. doesn’t have 9. anymore
10. is still 11. still has 12. still does
13. still does
八、She always used to go dancing on weekends, but now she stays home on weekends; She often
used to go out to eat, but now she cooks dinner every day. She doesn’t read novels anymore.
She sometimes help kids with homework. She still goes to the beac