1. －Is Mr. Brown living here?
－No, he moved _________ last week.
A. to somewhere else B. somewhere else
C. to else somewhere D. else somewhere
2. －What are you doing?
－I’m ________ my bag, but I can’t ________ it.
A. looking for, look for B. looking for, find
C. finding, look for D. finding, find
3. What _______ you ______ to do when you __________ high school?
A. do, want, finish B. will, want, finish
C. are, going, are going to finish
D. are, want, are going to finish
4. －I’m going to learn the piano when I retire.
－That sounds _________ a good idea.
C. about B. as D. of
5. He decides to work _______ than last year.
A. more hard B. much hard
C. much harder D. a little hard
6. It’s already 6 o’clock, but the children are not back _______.
C. yet B. either D. too
7. The work is really very difficult; _________ it’s very interesting.
C. still B. however D. at the some time
8. Where are you ________?
C. ago B. just now D. before
9. Helen doesn’t look _________ today. Is she ill?
A. better B. well
C. nervous D. happy
10. Who _________ the music first? Tom did.
A. hear B. heard
C. listened D. listen to
1. are, going, to, grow up, be, what, when, you, you
2. I’m, get, going to, good, grades
3. some, said, they, readers, are going to, more, eat, vegetables.
4. Wang Lin, writes articles, is going to, send and, them, to, and, magazines, newspapers
5. want, they, to, to, move, places, interesting, and, things, new, see
1. She is _______ to fly to Beijing next Sunday for her holiday.
2. Can you ______ to speak French well this year?
3. That ______ very interesting.
4. How can I ________ healthy?
5. －What do you want to ______?
－I want to become an art teacher.
6. Do you enjoy ________ football?
7. What would you like _______ for dinner this evening?
8. I’m going to _________ good grades.
9. He ______ guitar lesson every Wednesday evening.
10. Are you going to ________ some model ship?
It was five in the afternoon. A bus a small town. Mrs Morison got off and went in a restaurant by the road, with a small beautiful dog, she was travelling in , she looked for her dog at noon and missed her lunch. So she was now and wanted to have something there.
The waiter received the visitor couldn’t speak French. They talked for a while couldn’t understand each other. She had to point to her and then slapped （拍）the dog’s belly （肚子）. The waiter seemed to know she wanted and carried the dog into the kitchen. About half an hour some dishes were brought to the woman. They were all and she was pleased with them. After she paid for her bill. She didn’t leave she waited for a while and said to the waiter and they began to quarrel （争吵）. Just at that moment the manager came back. He talked with the woman and then with the waiter. At last he understood. The English woman told the waiter to her dog, but he thought she told him to cook it for her! 1. A. left
B. stopped in B. America B. awake B. coldly B. yet B. nose B. when
C. went out of C. Germany C. hungry C. angrily C. but C. face C. where C. bad
D. went through D. France D. thirsty D. quietly D. for D. head D. what D. poor D. anything D. keep
2. A. England 3. A. asleep
4. A. warmly 5. A. and 6. A. mouth 7. A. how
8. A. terrible 9. A. everything 10. A. kill
B. delicious B. nothing B. feed
C. something C. hurt
Jack is a famous writer now. But he said he was not a good student when he was
young. He was often late for class and didn’t like doing his homework. Sometimes he slept in class while the teacher was teaching. He didn’t understand much, but he always thought he understood everything.
One day the teacher asked the students a question, “When John was ten years old, his brother was twenty. John is fifteen now and how old is his brother? ”Jack answered, “That’s easy. His brother is twice as old as John, so he is now thirty. ”
Another time, the teacher in a science class asked, “When it thunders （打雷）, why do we always see the light before we hear the sound? ”“But, Miss White, ”said Jack quickly, “can’t you see our eyes are in front of our ears? ”
The third time, the teacher in a biology class asked, “Why can fish swim in the water? ”“But, Miss White, ”said Jack quickly. “don’t you know fish can’t walk on land? ”
（ ）1. Jack was not _______ when he was young.
A. strong B. lazy C. clever D. well
（ ）2. Jack didn’t like to _______ when he was a student.
A. write compositions
C. do the housework B. do his homework D. learn scienceor biology
（ ）3. How old is Jack’s brother now when Jack is fifteen in the story?
A. Ten years old B. Fifteen years old
C. Twenty years old D. Twenty-five years old
（ ）4. When it thunders, we always see the light before we hear the sound. It’s because _______.
A. our eyes are in front of our ears.
B. our eyes are cleverer than our ears.
C. our eyes can see but our ears can’t.
D. light goes faster than sound.
（ ）5. Why can fish swim in the water? Jack’s answer is ______.
A. fish can’t walk on land
B. fish can’t swim on land
C. fish can’t walk in the water
D. fish has no legs or hands
As prices and building costs keep rising （上升）, “the do-it-yourself”（DIY）trend（趋势）, in the US continues （继续）to grow.
“We needed furniture （家具）for our living room, ”says John Kose, “and we didn’t have enough money to buy it. ”So we decided to try making a few tables and chairs. John got married （结婚）six months ago, and like many young people these days, they are struggling （努力）to make a home at a time when the cost of living is very high. The Roses took a 2-week course（课程）for $ 280 at a night school. Now they build all their furniture and make repairs（修理）around the house.
Jim Hatfield has three boys and his wife died （去世）. He has a full-time job at ……之外）in a shoe-making factory. Last month, he received（收到）a car repair bill for $420. “I was very upset （不安）about it. Now I’ve finished a car repair course. I should be able to fix （修理）the car myself. ”
John and Jim are not unusual people. Most families in the country are doing everything they can save money so they can fight the high cost of living. If you want to become a “do-it-yourself”. you can go to DIY classes. And for those who don’t have time to take a course, there are books that tell you how to do things yourself. 根据短文内容，选择正确答案。
1. We know from the passage that many people ________.
A. seldom（几乎不）go to a department store to buy things
B. take DIY courses run （经营）by the government （政府）
C. have to learn to make their own furniture
D. find it hard to pay for what they need
2. John and his wife went to evening classes to learn how to _______.
A. improve the quality （质量）of life
B. save time and money
C. make or repair things
D. run a DIY shop
3. When the writer says that Jim has a full-time job at home, he means Jim ______.
A. keeps house and looks after his children
B. does his own car and home repairs
C. does extra work at night
D. make shoes in his home
4. Jim Hatfield decided to become a do-it-yourself when ______.
A. he had to raise the children all by himself
B. he could not possibly do two jobs
C. the car repair class was not helpful
D. his car repairs cost too much
5. What’s the best title of the passage?
A. Rose and Hatfield: Believers in DIY.
B. You Can Do It Too.
C. The Joy of DIY.
一. 1. learn playing an instrument/ learn to play an instrument 2. do a part-time job
3. make a soccer team 4. get good grades 5. have a guitar lesson
6. communicate with sb 7. work harder
8. grow up 9. move somewhere interesting
二. 1. B 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. C
6. C 7. B 8. A 9. B 10. B
三. 1. What are you going to be when you grow up? 2. I’m going to get good grades
3. Some readers said they are going to eat more vegetables.
4. Wang Lin writes articles and is going to send them to magazines and newspapers.
5. They want to move to new places and see interesting things.
四. 1. going 2. learn 3. sounds 4. keep 5. be
6. playing 7. to eat 8. get 9. takes 10. make
五. 1. faxes 2. going 3. sports 4. more 5. said 6. children 7. well 8. teaching
六. 1. B 2. D 3. C 4. A 5. C
6. A 7. D 8. B 9. C 10. B
七. （A）1. C 2. B 3. D 4. D 5. A
（B）1. C 2. C 3. A 4. D 5.B