九年级英语全册 Unit 9练习题1（无答案）
二.选择 1． He wasn’t ______ to carry the box.
A.． too strong B. enough strong C. strong enough D. so strong
3. The compass(指南针 )______ in China.
A. was discovered B. invented C. discovered D. was invented
4. Only a few hundred of these animals __ today.
A. stay B. remain C. keep D. have
5. _______ he isn’t tall enough , he is good at basketball。
A. Because B. After C. Although D. Since
6. Lucy is very excited today because it is her _____ birthday.
A .fourteenth B. the fourteenth’s C. fourteen D. the fourteenth
7. They sprinkled some sugar ______ the cake. A.in B.at C. with D. on
8. The police save a young girl _____ Sara.
A. call B. calling C.called D. to call
9. I will be away for ____. A. sometimes B. some time C.some times D. sometime
11. What _______ will happen in the future?
A. do you think B. are you thinking C.you think D. did you think 12. This kind of machine _______ cutting paper.
A. used for B. is using for C. is used to D. is used for
13. This is a _____ map and it didn’t take me much time to come here from the station. A. help B. helpness C. helpful D. helping
14. James didn’t come _____ the bell rang. A.until B. at C. when D. before
15. This kind of TV set ______ Shanghai . A. are made in B. are made of C. is made in D. is made of
16. A cook can’t cook well if he doesn’t_______ food. A. Taste B. look C. feel D. sound 17. I met a friend of mine _____- in the street yesterday.
A. by accident B. by the end C. by mistake D. by car
18.Take these plates away to the kitchen and _____ some clean ones.
A. take B. bring C. fetch D. buy
19.Ceorge Crum _______ a mistake and invented potato chips. A. make B. made C. to make D. has made
We drink tea every day ,but more than three hundred years ago ___ in the west countries knew nothing 1
about tea. Some people had heard about it,______ very few of them knew what ______ with it.
There is a story about an English sailor. He went to many foreign ____ in the east. One day he came home with some ___ as a present for his mother. She told her friends about the present and ___ them to a “tea party”.,the old woman brought out some tea leaves. Of course, everybody “_______”the tea leaves.
At that time the sailor came in. he____ the table and asked, “Mother, what have you done with the tea?
” “I boiled it as you told me.”
“And what have you done with the _______-?”
“I throw it away ,of course,”answered the old woman .
“Now you have to throw away the leaves,too.”said the son.