时间状语从句：是由when, as, while, after, before, since, until, as soon as 等从属连词引导的状语从句。时间状语从句中的谓语动词不能用一般将来时，只能用一般现在时表示将来发生的动作或存在的状态。 如:I will call you as soon as I arrive there.
原因状语从句： because, since, as和for都表示原因。常常令我们不知该用哪个好。我们来比较一下。because语势最强，回答why提出的问题，用来说明人所不知的原因。当能够很明显的看出原因或人们已知原因，就用as或since。如：I don't like that coat,because the color looks terrible. 由because引导的从句如果放在句末，且前面有逗号，则可以用for来代替。但如果不是说明直接原因，而是多种情况加以推断，就只能用for。如：He is not here, because / for his mother is ill.
目的状语从句：表示目的状语的从句可以由in order that, so that,等词引导。如：You must raise your voice so that/in order that everybody can hear you clearly. 结果状语从句：结果状语从句常由so...that 或 such...that引导，要掌握和区分这两个句型，首先要了解so和such后面分别跟什么词。such是形容词，修饰名词或名词词组，so是副词,只能修饰形容词或副词。so 还可与表示数量的形容词many, few, much, little连用，形成固定搭配。如：The box is so heavy that I can't carry it.
让步状语从句：是由though, although 引导的状语从句。though, although 和 but不能同时使用。
Although it rained, they had a good time.
1.You will stay healthy _______ you do more exercise, such as running and walking.
A. if B. how C. before D. where
2.---Shall we go on working?
---Yes, _________ I prefer to have a rest.
A. when B. if C. because D. though
3.None of us knew what had happened _________ they told us about it.
A. when B. until C. after D. though
4.---I hope you’ll enjoy your trip, dear!
---Thank you, mum. I’ll give you a call _________ I get there.
A. until B. as soon as C. since D. till
答案：B。该题考查的是引导状语从句的从属连词的选择。本题的意思是“一到那里，我就给你打电话。”要表达这个意思应选用as soon as。
1. _______ he’s old, he can still carry this heavy bag.
A. Though B. Since C. For D. So
2. ---Do you know if he _______ to play basket ball with us?
---I think he will come if he ______ free tomorrow.
A. comes; is B. comes; will be
C. will come; is D. will come; will be
3. In the zoo if a child _____ into the water and can’t swim, the dolphins may come up ______ him.
A. will fall; to help B. falls; to help
C. will fall; help D. falls; helping
4. I don’t remember ________ he worked in that city when he was young.
A. what B. which C. where D. who
5. We will stay at home if my aunt ________ to visit us tomorrow.
A. comes B. come C. will come D. is coming
6. The police asked the children _______ cross the street ________ the traffic lights turned green.
A. not; before B. don’t; when C. not to; until D. not; after
7. I was late for class yesterday _______ there was something wrong with my bike.
A. when B. that C. until D. because
8. I’ll go swimming with you if I ________ free tomorrow.
A. will be B. shall be C. am D. was
9. In the exam, the ________ you are, the _______ mistakes you will make.
A. careful; little B. more careful; fewest
C. more careful; fewer D. more careful; less
10. You should finish your lessons _______ you go out to play.
A. before B. after C. when D. while
11. I hurried _____ I wouldn’t be late for class.
A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless
12. When you read the book, you’d better make a mark _______ you have any questions.
A. which B. that C. where D. though
13. The teacher raised his voice _______ all the students could hear him.
A. for B. so that C. because D. in order
14. He took off his coat _______ he felt hot.
A. because B. as C. if D. since
15. It is ______ that we’d like to go out for a walk.
A. a lovely day B. too lovely a day
C. so lovely a day D. such lovely a day
16. Mary had ______ much work to do that she stayed at her office all day.
A. such B. so C. too D. very
17. _______ I felt very tired, I tried to finish the work.
A. Although B. Because C. As D. As if
18. ______ the day went on, the weather got worse.
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
19. ______ well you can drive, you must drive carefully.
A. So long as B. In order that
C. No matter how D. The moment
20. Write to me as soon as you ________ to Beijing.
A. will get B. get C. getting D. got
( )1. “Zhou Enlai” is a _____.
A. given name B. family name C. middle name D. full name
( )2. We call “Ann King” _____ if she not married.
A. Miss Ann King B. Miss King C. Ann D. A, B and C
( )3. The man _____ often goes to work on foot.
A. calls Robert B. called Robert C. call Robert D. Robert call
( )4. _____ Mr Li is in his office now. Go and find him.
A. maybe B. Maybe C. May be D. May
( )5. Are you going _____ a picnic _____ Saturday morning?
A. in, in B. on, in C. on, on D. in, on
( )6. We usually start our class _____ a song.
A. in B. for C. by D. with
( )7. There are _____ in the field.
A. many different kind of flowers B. lot of difference of kinds of flower
C. some different kinds of a flower D. lots of different kinds of flowers
( )8. He is going to tell us _____.
A. nice something B. something nice C. anything nice D. nice anything
( )9. Would you like _____ my house for my birthday party?
A. come to B. to come over C. coming at D. to come over to
( )10. They make dumplings , like my aunt _____ .
A. is B. can C. do D. does
( )11. I don’t like this shirt. Could you give me _____ one?
A. another B. other C. the other D. others
( )12. He is _____ taller than his brother.
A. very B. much C. too D. many
( )13. The farmers don’t use animals to do farm work _____ .
A. no more B. much more C. no longer D. any more
( )14. They _____ to the speaker carefully but nothing.
A. listen, hears B. hear, listen C. listen to, hears D. listened, heard
( )15. I like _____ but I don’t like _____ now because I am ill.
A. to sing, to sing B. singing, singing C. to sing, singing D. singing, to sing
( )16. The weather in Changsha is worse than _____ in Kunming.
A. / B. that C. one D. it
( )17.---- When shall we meet at the school gate?
----Let’s make ____ a quarter to eight.
A. / B. it at C. at D. it
( )18. Does Mr. Xiong finish ____ the letter to his father
A. to write B. writes C. write D. writing
( )19. You are tired, mother. ____ have a rest?
A. let’s B. Why C. Why not D. Why not do
( )20. ----Would you like to go to buy some food? ----____________.
A. Yes, I would B. Sure, I’d like C. Yes, I’d love to D. Sure, I shall go