Unit 5 could you please tell me where the restrooms are ?
1. 化妆 __________________ 2. 闲逛 __________________ 3. 在某种程度说 ___________________
4. 做个决定______________ 5. 向前直走 __________________ 5. 由…..组成 ______________________
6. 视 … 而定，取决于…__________________ 7. 视 … 而定, 取决于…____________________
8. 询问信息___________________ 9... 与 … 相似 __________________10 .在我姐姐家__________________
11. 一段时间 __________________12. 向左转__________________13 .在某些情况下 __________________
14. 惹怒某人__________________ 15. 旁边、紧接着 __________________
1.Would you please open the window and let the f_________air in ?
2. The street is so ________ (拥挤的), I don’t like here at all.
3. Do you like the ________ (新鲜的) air? I think it’s fantastic!
4. Every one has his ___________ (缺点), we should help each other.
5. The Greens lived in a big ________ (街区) last year.
6.Could you tell me _______ (是否)I can use the bike?
7.Your bike is s________ to mine. I don’t know which one is mine.
8. There is a f__________ science museum .
9.I live right next to a supermarket . It is very c ________ to go shopping .
四 .词的正确形式填空 1. They have _____(organize)games in Watertown.
2. I saw Peter yesterday. We _____ (not see) each other since we left school.
3 .It is also just fun ________ (watch) people .
4. They prefer _______( work) extra hours at night rather than ______(leave) the work until the next work .
5.Listen! There is something unusual _______ (happen) in the next room.
6.The zoo is a great place for the children ________(visit) on Sundays.
7. I don’t think that movie is ____________(fascinate).
8.______(ask) for information or help is a very common and necessary activity .
9.The Yellow River is the second _______ (long) river in China.
10. It’s more ______ (convenience) to take a taxi to the station than take a bus, but too expensive.
11.Computers are _______(wide) used in the world.
12.Would you please _______（not lend ) my book to others .
13.Edison was a great American __________ (invent).
14.That company’s staff _______ (be) all interested in tennis.
15. Parents will spend many happy hours _______ (walk) through the history Museum .
1. The funny man often dresses up _____ a clown. A. as B. in C. like D. for
2.The girls asked if they ____ some food and drink with them.
A. took B. take C. takes D. will take
3. I don't know ___ they have passed the exam. A.what B. if C. when D. where
4. I hardly understand. ___ he has told me. A. that B. what C. which D. who
5. Please tell me ______what last year.
A. where does your sister work B. where did your sister work
C．where your sister works D. where your sister worked
6. She asked me if I knew ______.
A. whose pen is it B. whose pen it was C. whose pen it is D. whose pen was it
7. It’s raining outside. Put on your coat, _____ you may catch a cold.
A. but B. and C. or D. though
8. When we practice English speaking, we often end up ____in Chinese.
A. speak B. spoken C. speaking D.to speak
9.---Who is making much noise?--- It ___ be Timmy. He is sleeping now.
A. can’t B. may not C. mustn’t D. couldn’t
10. Can you please tell me where ________ the post office?
A. to find B. can I find C. how to find D. find
11. Do you know _____ there are any good restaurants _______ this block?
A. if, on B. how, on C. if, to D. where, to
12. It’s also just fun the students. A.watching B． to watch C． watching D． is watching
13. The boys have the stamps for two years.
A. been collected B． been collecting C． to collected D． collecting
14. Our physics teacher told us light ____ faster than sound last term.
A. travels B. travel C. traveled D.traveling
15. My father prefers ____ at home to ____ to movies.
A. to stay; go B. staying; go C. stay; going D. staying; going
16. While you _______ the radio, I was doing my homework.
A. listening B. listen to C. were listening D. were listening to
17._______ to the radio every day is the best way to practice listening skills.
A. Listen B. Listening C. Listens D. Listened
18. We have to learn many subjects, _____ Chinese, English. A. include B. including C. such D. as
19. I prefer _______ a small gift that has some thought behind it rather than _______ some money .
A . to receive , to getting B. receiving , getting C. to receive , get D. receiving , get
20. The house _____ my father more than 5 million dollars . A . cost B. paid C. spend D. took
21. He's never been to the Great Wall, _______ he? A. is
B. isn't C. has D. hasn't 2
1.Does Mr. Brown enjoy living in China? Could you tell us?（改写句子）
Could you tell us _________ Mr. Brown _________ living in China?
2. "Does the girl need any help?” he asked me.（变为复合句） He asked me ______ the girl _____ some help．
3. Jim is not a student. Tom is not a student, either.（合并为一个句子） ______ Jim _______Tom is a student.
4. When does the train leave? I want to know.（合并句子） I want to know _________ the train _________.
5. Did Peter come here yesterday? Li Lei wants to know. (合并句子)
Li Lei wants to know _________ Peter _________ here yesterday.
6. I don’t know how to mend that computer. (同义句)
I don’t know how _______ _______ _______ that computer.
7. Why don’t you like playing computer games? (改为宾语从句)
Lucy wants to know ____________________________________.
8. I don’t know what I shall do next. (改为简单句) I don’t know ____________________ next..
9. It took Ben three hours to copy that book. (用spend 改写)
Ben _______ three hours _________________________.
10. I don’t like beef, but I like pork. (用 prefer …to…改写) I ____________________________________.
11.My parents often make telephone calls to me. (同义句) My parents often_______ ______ _________.
12. He gets up early so as not to be late for school 。(同义句）
He gets up early so that _______________________________________________________
13. I prefer being outside to being inside .(同义句）
I prefer ______ _______ outside rather than _______ inside .
I woule rather _______ outside than ______ inside .
14.It seems that they are very pleased with the job . ( 同义句）
________ _______ ______ ________ very pleased with the job .
15.You’d better walk faster in order to catch the bus .( 同义句）
You’d better walk faster ___________ ___________ you can catch the bus .
七 . 翻译句子
1. 请你别在这里吸烟好吗？ Could you please _______ _______ here .
2. 你能告诉我在哪里能够买到词典吗？Could you please _______ ______ _____ ______ a dictionary ?
3. 他起早床，是为了赶上头班公共汽车。 He got up early ______ ______ ______ _______ the first bus.
4. 那是闲逛的好地方吗？Is that a good place _______ _______ _______ ?
5. 他想要打扮成圣诞老人。He wanted to _______ _______ _______ Father Christmas.
6.一支足球队有11名运动员和一名教练组成。A football team ______ ______ ______of 11 players and a coach.
7. 你不能永远依靠父母You cannot depend on your parents forever.
8. 我想知道我能否用一下你的MP3 。______ ______ _______ I can use your mp3 .
9. 书店挨着学校。The bookstore is ______ _______ the school.
10.他似乎听说了这个消息。 He _______ _______ ________ know the news .
Mr. Brown had an umbrella shop in a small town. People sometimes 1 ________ him broken umbrellas, and then he took them to a big shop in London. They were 2 ________ there.
One day Mr. Brown went to London by train. He 3 ________ to take an umbrella with him that day. Sitting in front of him was a man with an umbrella standing 4 _______ the seat. When the train arrived in London, Mr. Brown 5 ________ up the umbrella as he often did during his journey by train. Just as he was getting off, he was 6 ________ by the man. He said angrily, "That's 7________ !" Mr. Brown' s face turned red and he gave it back to the man at once.
When Mr Brown got to the big shop, the shopkeeper had got his six umbrellas ready. After a good look at 8 ________ of them, he said, "You've mended them very well."
In the afternoon he got into the train again. The 9 ________ man was in the same seat. He looked at Mr Brown and his six umbrellas, "You've had a 10 ________ day," he said.
Breaking Bad Eating -Habits
Have you heard the expression "You are what you eat"? Well, do you like who you are'' If not, break some bad eating habits and feel better about yourself. Bad habit 1: ______________ Many packaged ( = in small bags) foods, such as frozen （纤维) dumplings ,rice rolls and instant noodles (方便面) have lots of fat and calories (热量).
The solution: Read the instructions to find the healthiest foods that are low in salt and nigh in fiber Also check to make sure they have ingredients such as vegetables and grains When possible, use packaged foods as part of a "home-cooked" meal. For example frozen （纤维) dumplings with fresh vegetables are better than dumplings alone-Bad habit 2:_____________________________________________
People without breakfast don't have enough energy they need to get through the morning. Eating breakfast improves your concentration, memory (冰冻的） and mood.
The solution: Always keep a kind of quick foods like yogurt. Or have a standing order a! breakfast place. Bad habit 3:_________________________________________________
It takes your body at least 20 minutes to "tell" your brain that you are full, So last eaters usually eat more than people who eat slowly.
The solution: Try to slow down. Try eating at least some of your meals without I V, hand phones or computers. Use a plate or bowl when you eat. Bad habit 4:______________________ ______________
Healthy snacks between meals are fine. But when you snack instead of having real meals, you will not eat your meals regularly. Plus, snack foods such as chips and sweets aren't very satisfying That makes it easy to overeat.
The solution: To get more energy, allow yourself two healthy snacks a day. Choose snacks that will make you feel full. Try fruit, yogurt or nuts.
As we all know, bad habits can be broken. Take the first step toward a healthier eating routine（常规）——star following these tips today!
a. You are a fast eater. b. You often don't eat breakfast.
c. All your meals come in packages. d. You snack too much.
Bad habit 1:__________ Bad habit 2:________ Bad habit 3:________ Bad habit 4:_______
2. 列举出文中提到的三种packaged foods: (1 分)____________ _________________ ___________________
It takes your body at least 20 minutes to “tell” your brain that you are full.
No eating breakfast is bad influence on your ___________ _____________and ____________________
5.回答问题；How can you eat snacks healthily? (至少答出两种方式) （2分）
Your health depends on the food you eat._________________________________________________________
(1) 当……时候 表示主从动作同时发生并持续一段时间 从句动词用延续性动词（多用过去进行时）
John fell asleep while he was listening to the music.
(2) while 表示转折 “而,然而”My father likes sports while my mother is intersted in music.
2. It’s (great) fun to do sth 做…..很有趣
have fun = enjoy oneself = have a good /great /pleasant time 玩得开心，过的快乐
have fun( in )doing sth 高兴地做某事 We had fun in climbing the hill.
3. both ….and … …和… 都 连接主语, 谓语动词用复数。Both his father and his mother like watching TV. ★变否定句 用neither …nor …替换 …..和…..都不，连接主语，谓语看第二个主语
Neither his father nor his mother likes wathing TV.
4. spend …in doing sth 花费时间 /金钱做某事I spend an hour reading English in the morning .
spend …on sth 在……上花费时间/金钱 I spent ten yuan on this book .
5.Could you please tell me if there are any good museums in Newtown?
any of + the +名复 ……中的任何一个(如做主谓用单)
any other +名单 任何别的……(范围包括主语用other)
He is taller than any other boy in his class.=He is the tallest boy in his class.
any +名单 任何…..(范围不包括主语) Shanghai is bigger than any city in Japan.
6. I 've been collecting them for many years.现在完成进行时 have /has been +ving+其它+ for+时间段。
7. find 发觉/发现 后常跟复合宾语 即:find + 宾语+ 宾补 (形容词/名词短语/介词短语/现在分/ 过去分词等) (1) I find the text easy to read. (形 发现宾语如何) (2) We all find him an honest boy. (名 发现宾语是什么)
(3) Do you find him in the hall ？ (介短 发现宾语在) (4) My father found me reading when he came in.(现在分词 发现宾语正在做)
（5）Haven’t you found the bike broken ? (过去分词 发现宾语被)
（6）He finds it difficult to learn English well.(后接it+adj+不定式)
8. if not 如果不是这样 not 代表一个否定句 if so 如果是这样 so 代表一个肯定句
例 （1） It is reported that there will be heavy rain.If so ,you’d better take an umbrella with you.
例(2)If the weather is fine ,we 'll go. If not ,we won’t go.
2. (1) lend 借出 lend sb sth = lend sth to sb 把某物借给某人You mustn’t lend the book to others.
（2）borrow 借入borrow sth from sb /somewhere 从某人某处借某物He borrowed a dicionary from me .
（3）keep 借 与how long 和for+时间段连用 You have kept my dictionary for half a year.
9. I wonder if …我想知道是否 询问对方是否允许自己做某事
肯定回答Sure /Of course 否定回答I’m sorry but …./ I’m afraid not /You’d better not
10. in order to 可放在句首或句中 为了…. so as to 只能放在句中
He gets up early so as not to be late for school 。
W ill/would you please do …？Do/Would you mind doing……？Would you like sth/to do……？
①由连接词+ 主语+ 谓语 构成 常由下面的一些连接词引导：
②由that 引导 表示陈述意义 that 可省略 He says (that) he is at home. 他说他在家里。
③由if , whether 引导 表示一般疑问意义(带有是否、已否、对否等)
I don’t know if / whether Wei Hua likes fish. 我不知道韦华是否喜欢鱼。
if 引导宾语从句=whether 回忆：if“如果”引导时间，条件状语从句时“主将从现”
We will have a picnic if it_____________________(明天不下雨)
I don’t know if/whether__________________________(她明天是否会来)
④由连接代词、连接副词(疑问词) 引导 表示特殊疑问意义 Do you know what he wants to buy? 你知道他想要买什么吗？
⑤从句时态要与主句一致, 当主句是一般现在时，从句根据情况使用任何时态 He says (that ) he is at home. 他说他在家里。
I don’t know (that) she is singing now. 我不知道她正在唱歌。 She wants to know if I have finished my homework. 她想要知道我是否已经完成了我的作业。 Do you know when he will be back? 你知道他将会什么时候回来？
当主句是一般过去时，从句应使用过去某时态(一般过去时,过去进行时，过去将来时，过去完成时) He said (that) he was at home. 他说他在家里。
I didn’t know that she was singing now. 我不知道她正在唱歌。 She wanted to know if I had finished m homework. 她想要知道我是否已经完成了我的作业。 Did you know when he would be back? 你知道他将会什么时候回来？
③Could you tell me how to get to the park? 请你告诉我怎么才能去邮局好吗？
相当于how I can get to the park（宾语从句）如：
I don’t know how to solve the problem.= I don’t know how I can solve the problem.我不知道如何解决这个问题 Can you tell me when to leave? =Can you tell me when I will leave? 你能告诉我什么时候离开
13. Is that a good place to hang out? 那是不是一个闲荡的好地方？中的to hang out修名词place，不定式作定语. 如：There are something to eat. 这有吃的东西。句中的to eat作定语修饰代词
14. depend on sth / doing / 从句 根据、依靠、依赖、决定于 Living things depend on the sunlight.生物对阳光有依赖性。
We can’t depend on his answer. 我们不能根据他的回答。 That depends on how you did it. 那决定于你怎样做这件事。
15. prefer动词 更喜欢 宁愿 常用的结构有：
更喜欢某事 I prefer English. 我更喜欢英语。
宁愿做某事 I prefer sitting/ to sit.我宁愿坐着。
同…相比更喜欢… I prefer dogs to cats. 与猫相比我更喜欢狗。
I prefer walking to sitting. 我宁愿走路也不愿坐着
I prefer to work rather than be free. 我宁愿工作而不愿闲着。
16. I’m sorry to do sth. 对做某事我觉得很抱歉、伤心。
17. 等级/同级比较：as…as ， not as/so…as
①as + 形容词/ 副词原级 + as 表示“和…一样的…”“…和…一样的…”
如： He works as hard as we. 他工作和我们同样努力。
②否定式：not as + 形容词/ 副词原级 + as = not so + 形容词/ 副词原级 + as
He doesn’t work as / so hard as we. 他工作没有我们那样努力。
1.brought 2.mended 3.forgot 4.beside 5.picked
6.stopped 7.mine 8.each 9.same 10.lucky
2. hand in 交上、上交 2. dress up 打扮 3. hang out 闲逛
4. prefer doing something 乐意做某事 5. exchange money 换钱 6. go past 路过、经过
7. save money 存钱 8. make a telephone call 打电话 9. in a way 在某种程度说
10. such as 例如 11. 把…借给某人 lend sb. sth. 12.on the other hand 另一方面
13. on the beach 在海滩上 14. 上舞蹈课 take / kave dance lessons 15.make a decision 做个决定
16.next to 旁边、紧接着 17. go straight 向前直走 18.be made up of 由…..组成
19.depend on /upon 视 … 而定 取决于… 20.depend on /upon 视 … 而定, 取决于…
21.in a way 就某一方面或某种程度而言22. be similar to ….. 与 … 相似 23.在我姐姐家at my sister’s
24. 在二楼 on the second floor 25. 询问信息 ask for information 26. 一段时间 some time
27. 一个吃饭的好地方 a good place to eat 28.turn left / right = take a left / right 向左转，向右转
29.在某些情况下 in some situations 30. offend sb 惹怒某人
1. c；b；a；d 2. frozen （纤维) dumplings ,rice rolls and instant noodles
4. your concentration, memory; and mood. 5. (1)eat less snacks（2）Try fruit, yogurt or nuts.
6. You are what you eat