一 单项选择 （1×25 = 25分）
1. Mary used to be __, but now she enjoys meeting and talking to new friends.
A. outgoing B. shy C. friendly D. active
2. ---I think we students should wear uniforms.
--- ___.We look smarter in our own clothes .
A. I agree B. I think so C. Of course D. I disagree
3. ---___ do you study for the coming English tests?
---____ listening to the tape every day.
A. How, With B. Why, For C. How, By D. Where, To
4. Learning a foreign language is ____. What language are you ___ in?
A. interested; interesting B. interesting; interested
C. interesting; interesting D. interested; interested
5. ---What present do you think I should bring for my host family? ---If I _____ you, I would bring ____, like something you make by yourself.
A. was, special something B. were, special something
C. am, something special D. were, something special
6. --- My brother and I will go to the movies tomorrow.
7. --- . Shall we go together?
A. So do I B. So I do C. So I will D. So will I
7. Amy’s father is very angry because he thinks his daughter shouldn’t get her ears_____.
A. pierced B. be pierce C. to pierce D to be pierced
8. Do you have any trouble __________ the foreigners?
A. to understand B. understand C. understanding D. understood
9. ---Tom, how do you________ your classmates? ---Very well, Mum.
A. go on with B. come up with C. get along with D. catch up with 10. Mario used to in the morning.
A. practice swimming B. practicing swimming
C. practice swim D. practices swimming
11. ---Did you ____ play the guitar?
---Yes,I did., but now I like playing the piano.
A. used to B. be used to C. use to D.use for
12. Mum doesn’t ____ me to go out to play football if I haven’t finished my homework.
A. hope B. allow C. make D. get 13. I play computer games a lot, but now I don’t.
A. use to B. used to C. uses to D. was used to
14. I can’t sleep well the night before exams, I don’t know .
A. how to do B. what to do it C. how to sleep D. what to do
15. I’d rather TV than out in the street.
A. watch, hang B. to watch, to hang C. to watch, hang D. watch, to hang
16.Teenagers _______ allowed to drive in the street．
A.should not be B.should be not C.not should be
D.shouldn’t 17.She wants to give up French．
A.learn B.learning C.learns
18.We shouldn’t _________the poor children and we should help them.
A. laugh at B. laugh C. be laughed D. be laughed at
19. Some students always concentrate ______ their clothes not on study.
A. with B. on C. in D. of
20.The National Day is coming, we’ll have 8 days____.
A. on B. off C. up D. down
21. Our monitor is so clever that she can always _______ good ideas.
A. come out B. come up with C. make up D. get along with
22. The kind man always offers food the poor people.
A. for B. to C. with D. on
23. If I______ you, I’d wear a shirt and tie.
A. is B. was C. were D. has been
24. ______ our surprise, the rich man goes to work on foot ______ by car.
A. For, instead of B. To, instead of C. For, instead D. To, instead
25. Mr Liu is strict ______ his students and he is also strict _______ his work.
A. in, with B. with, in C. to, with D. with, to
二 完形填空 （1.5×10 = 15分）
“Who did this?” Mrs. Green asked with a piece of broken glass in her hand. She had never been so 26 with us. The classroom was 2
so quiet. All students looked at the window except me. I kept my head 27 . I knew it was me. I broke it when I practiced 28
baseball. But should I tell the truth? If I did, I would be in trouble.
I didn’t have enough 29 . How could I afford to buy such an
expensive window? I really didn’t want to put up my hand, 30 at
last I said, “I did it. I am sorry.” It was not 31 for me to
say those words. Mrs. Green went to the book shelf and took down a book. Then she walked to me. Looking at 32 , I was a little
afraid. To my surprise, she said, “I know you like 33 . Here
is a book about them. It’s yours now. I give it to you not because you broke the window, but because you are 34 .” I couldn’t
believe it. I wasn’t punished (惩罚) . However, I was given my
favorite book about birds. It happened 20 years ago, but I still 35 the book. The lesson my teacher taught me that day will be in
my heart forever.
26. A. excited B. angry C. happy
27. A. up B. down C. over D. out
28. A. play B. to play C. playing D. played
29. A. glass B. books C. time D.
30. A. and B. but C. so D. or
31. A. easy B. boring C. sad D.
32. A. she B. her C. herself D. hers
33. A. sports B. baseball C. birds D.
34. A. careful B. smart C. kind D.
35. A. keep B. give C. borrow D. lose
三 阅读理解。（2×15 = 30分）
（1） How I study English
I often hear some students say English is difficult, and it gives
them a headache. So they can’t learn it well. But English is very
easy for me. I’m good at it. I’m very glad to tell you something
about how I study English.
First, I think an interest (爱好) in English is very important.
When I was in Grade One, we had a new subject—English. It was fresh
for me. I was interested in it, so I worked hard at it. Soon we had
an English exam and I got a very good mark. How happy I was! After
that, I learned English harder and harder. Our English teacher often
teaches us English songs. The songs sound nice. I often think how
interesting English is!
Second, I think English is a foreign language. I should learn
it well in the following ways: Listen to the teacher carefully,
speak bravely, read aloud and have a good vocabulary (词汇) . Then
practice again and again, never be tired. And I also have a good
habit: Asking whenever (不论何时) I have a question, I must make
it clear by asking our English teacher. How happy I am when I
Besides this, I often read English stories, jokes and easy novels.
From these I know English is not only interesting, but also useful.
They help me understand a lot of things. So to do more reading is
an important way to learn English well.
And I also do some exercises from our class magazines, and I often
write English diaries. English has become a close friend of mine.
Now I have learned English for more than two years. I always keep
the first position in our school. From these words, I hope every
student can learn English well.
36. Why do some students often “have a headache”?
A. Because they are easy to catch a cold.
B. Because it’s often very cold.
C. Because they think English is easy.
D. Because they don’t think English is easy. 37.The writer tells us that we should be in English if we want to
learn it well.
A. excited B. interested C. quiet D.
38.The sentence “I got a very good mark” means “ ”.
A.I got a good way B.I had a good idea
C.I did badly in the exam D.I did well in the exam
39. The writer thinks English is interesting because .
A. English is full of stories
B. English is full of jokes
C. his teacher often teaches them nice English songs
D. English is a close friend of his
40.Which of the following is NOT the way the writer studies by?
A. Speaking bravely. B. Writing to foreign
C. Reading aloud. D. Writing English diaries.
New York, London , Paris and other big cities are exciting places
to live in . There are many interesting things to see and to do.
You can go to different kinds of museums, watch plays and see films. You can also buy things from all over the world.
But there are serious problems in big cities, too. It is expensive to live there and there are too many people in some places of big cities. Every year, many people move to the cities to find jobs, to study at good schools and to get good medical(医疗的) care. But sometimes these people can’t find jobs or a good place to live. Also it is hard to keep the cities safe and clean.
Some people enjoy living in big cities, but others do not. Before moving to a big city, you should think about the problems of living there. 41.In big cities, people can
A.go to different kinds of museums B.see many kinds of plays and films
C. buy things from all over the world D.A, B and C
42.Which of the following is TRUE ?
A.Big cities are not clean and safe enough.
B.People can easily find good places to live in big cities.
C.People can always have much time to find work to do.
D.All people like to live in big cities.
43.Why do many people move to the cities?
A.find jobs. B.study at good schools. C.get good medical care. D.A,
B and C.
44.This passage doesn’t tell us that .
A.Paris is an exciting place for people to live in
B.big cities have a lot of serious problems
C.big cities are not clean enough
D.usually people can get very dirty in big cities
45.Which is the best title for this passage ?
A.Good Schools in Big Cities B.Interesting Things in Big Cities
C.Big Cities D.New York, London and Paris
Two farmers were on their way home one evening after a hard day's work. Both were tired. They happened to look up at the sky and saw a black cloud overhead.
"Ah!" said one farmer, "tomorrow we shall have rain and the rice will grow well." The second answered, "Nonsense (胡说), the rain will only kill the crops (庄稼)."
So they began to quarrel (争吵). Just then a third farmer came along and asked them why they were quarreling. Both farmers explained about the black cloud.
"What cloud?" asked the third farmer. They all looked at the sky. 5
The cloud was no longer there.
46. The two farmers were _____.
A. going home B. going to the field
C. going to work D. going to see their friend
47. The two farmers _____ on that day.
A. had a holiday B. didn't work
C. worked hard D. wanted to quarrel with each other
48. When there are black block clouds in the sky, _____.
A. it will rain soon B. it will be fine
C. it will get hot D. the sun is shining brightly
49. The two farmers quarreled because _____.
A. they were hungry B. it rained
C. one said the rain would do good to the crops and the other didn't think so
D. they both hoped for rain
50. The third farmer came along and said to the other two. He _____.
A. wanted to make friends with them B. joined them in the quarrel
C. wanted to know why they were quarreling D. had nothings to do
四 情景交际。（1×5 = 5分）
A: We have a lot of rules at school.
B: _51_ For example, we have to wear uniforms at school. But the problem is that they are ugly.
B: Are you allowed to bring snacks to school?
A: __53___ We’re not allowed to bring walkmans（随声听） to school, either.
B: That’s right. I think listening to music in school is not good for our studies.
A: We have to stay at school from Mondays to Fridays. During the class, sometimes our teachers ask us to study in groups. B: ____54____
A: Yes, sometimes. But I think it’s a good idea to learn from each other.
B: Yeah, _____55____
A. I can’t believe your school has so many rules.
B. How do they like the rules?
C. So do we.
D. Of course not.
E. Do you make noise in class?
F. I agree with you.
G. We are not allowed to wear our own clothes, either.
五 句型转换 （2×5 = 10分）
56. Lily used to have many friends.(改为否定句) Lily to have many friends.
57. He used to cause a lot of trouble. (改为一般疑问句) _______ he _______ to cause a lot of trouble?
58. I think we need a cheaper one, too.（改为否定句）
I _________ think we need a cheaper one, _________. 59. We should ask Tom to clean the room again. (改为被动句)
Tom__________ __________ __________to clean the room again by us.
60. I learn English by watching English-language videos.(对划线部分提问) you learn English?
六 书面表达。 （15分）
Dear Sigmund Friend,
My name is Liu Hong. I’m a Grade 9 student in No. 2 Middle School. I’m unhappy these days.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you give me some useful advice? I hope to hear from you soon. 7
Best wishes! Yours,
班级：______________ 姓名：______________ 成绩：_____________
五 句型转换。（2×5 = 10分）
56. Lily to have many friends.
57. _______ he _______ to cause a lot of trouble?
58. I _________ think we need a cheaper one, _________.
59. Tom_________ _________ __________to clean the room again by
us. 60. you learn English?