九 年 级 英 语 试 题
第一部分 ：选择题 （满分：95分）
1. When did the PE teacher come to this school?
A. B. C.
2. Which person is the girl's uncle?
3. What are they going to do?
A. B. C.
4. What is Tim’s favourite kind of film?
C.7:30 am. C. Tony's teacher.
5. What time does Linda get up on Tuesday? A.6:10 am. B.8:00 am. 6. Who is Nancy? A. Tony's mother. B. Tony's sister. 7. Why was the boy late for school? A. He got up too late. C. He spent much time repairing his broken watch. 8. Why is Wang Dong getting so fat? A. He likes sugar and meat very much. C. He never goes to work on foot. 9. What does the woman mean?
A. She will go on working hard this afternoon. C. She will take an exam this afternoon. 10. What does Mark mean? A. He reads books quickly. C. He can read a lot when he's interested.
B. He didn't catch the bus.
B. He doesn't often take exercise. B. She will have some rest this afternoon. B. It's easy to read a book in one morning.
九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第1页
听一段对话，回答第11 - 12小题。
11. What did the woman borrow two weeks ago?
A. Some story-books. B. Some newspapers. C. Some pictures.
12. What's the name of them?
A. READERS. B. WOMEN FRIENDS. C. POPULAR TV.
14. A. feet B. foot C. meter
15. A. eye exercises B. exercises C. eye exercise
16. What is the stolen thing?
A. A diamond ring B. A gold necklace C. A diamond necklace
17. What did Tom plan to do?
A. give his good friends B. take it to the police station C. tell his neighbours
18. Tom thought ______ would be able to find the owner.
A. the police B. all of his neighbours C. the man who lived next door
19. Tom was very shocked when he was charged with _______.
A. theft B. shoplifting C. robbery
20. The true robber is _______.
A. Tom B. Tom's neighbour who lives next door C. still unknown
21. Not only he but also I ___________ interested in seeing films.
A. is B. are C. am D. be
22. Your computer doesn’t work. You’d better have it_____.
A. to repair B. repairing C. repaired D. repair
23. Orange represents _____. It can cheer you up when you are feeling sad.
A. wisdom B. joy C. energy D. sadness
24. — I can’t decide which film to watch? — _______ you read the film review?
A. Why don’t B What about C. Perhaps D Why not
25. According to the new traffic laws, people ______ drive after drinking wine or beer.
A. wouldn’t B. couldn’t C. needn’t D. mustn’t
26. This year’s Music Award will be covered ______ from 7:40 to 8:40 tomorrow. Then there’ll be a film
called “The World of Dinosaurs”. It brings the dinosaurs ______ on screen.
A. live, live B. live, alive C. alive, lively D. alive, living
27. I never doubt ______ his advice is of great ______ to me.
A. that; valuable B. if; value C. whether; valuable D. that; value
28. Fight in films has a bad effect ____ people, especially the teenagers.
A. in B. to C. with D. on
29. The old man lived alone all his life and he _____________a rainy winter evening.
A. passed away in B. past away in C. passed away on D. past away on
30.--- Do you know the young man was charged _____shoplifting?
---But I don't think he is guilty ______that crime.
A. for; of B. with, of C. of; with D. with, for
31. She’s put all her effort into her acting career,_______?
A. isn’t she B. hasn’t she C. doesn’t she D. is she
九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第2页
32. Girls love __________, because they can enjoy beautiful love stories in them.
A. action films B. horror films C. romantic films D. science fiction films
33. _____ between 8 am and 10 am this morning , the jewel store was robbed .
A. Sometimes B. Some times C. Sometime D. Some time
34. ——What do you think of her dancing? ——Oh, nobody else does _____.
A. well B. better C. best D. the best
35. “The victim obviously _____ a good fight, but he still bled to death.” the detective said.
A. put down B. put away C. put up D. put off
36. Ought you ______________hands before you have meals?
A. to wash B. wash C. washing D. not wash
37. ——Could you tell me _______ ？ ——Of course, last night.
A. when you reached Jiangyan B. when did you reach Jiangyan
C. how you came to Jiangyan D. how did you come to Jiangyan
38._____ good information! I have never heard _____ wonderful news.
A. What a, such a B. How, so C. What, such D. How, so a
39.——What were you doing when I phoned you?
——I _____ my homework and was starting to take a shower.
A. finished B. had just finished C. was finishing D. have just finished
40. ——_____? ——Quite well, thanks.
A. What do you do? B. What do you think of it?
C. How are you getting on with your math ? D. Are you quite good at English?
Our whole life can be into three parts: yesterday, today and tomorrow. Yesterday is our .We can do nothing to change our past. Tomorrow is our be imagined. Therefore, what we can do now is catch today and just for today.
Just for today I will try to live through this day only and not my whole life problem at once.
Just for today I will be .This proves to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that “Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Just for today I will try to what it is, and not try to everything to meet my own needs. I will take my “luck” ad it comes.
Just for today I will I will learn something useful to make my mind .I till read something that needs effort and thought.
Just for today I will be to people around me especially my parents. I will not do anything to make myself feel regretful(后悔的) by hurting them. If I have done something to make them , I will try my best to make up for it and say sorry to them.
Just for today I will have a small .I may not follow it exactly(确切地), but I will have it. I will not give up until it is achieved.
Just for today I will have a half hour all by myself and relax. During this half hour, sometimes I will try to get a better thought of my life.
Just for today I will be . Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.
41. A. changed B. divided C. turned D. got
42. A. now B. favourite C. past D. life
43. A. future B. best C. worst D. wish
44. A. play B. live C. forget D. remember
45. A. enjoy B. life C. deal with D. work
46. A. sad B. unhappy C. happy D. untrue
47. A. used to B. be used to C. be used for D. used for
48. A. make B. let C. have D. change
49. A. play B. study C. watch TV D. go shopping
50. A. weak B. useless C. unhelpful D. strong
九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第3页
51. A. bad 52. A. happy 53. A. sleep 54. A. quite 55. A. afraid B. impolite B. excited B. rest B. noisy B. scared C. friendly C. hurt C. goal C. quiet C. unafraid
D. unfriendly D. frightened D. study D. exciting D. amazed
A. one B. two C. three D. four
57. If you want to see the film which was directed by Feng Xiaogang, go to the cinema on . A. Monday B. Thursday C. Friday D. Saturday when he wants to see a film on Sunday. A. ￥5 B. ￥10 C. ￥15 D. ￥20 59. If you want to see the film Red Cliff, you should arrive at the cinema before ___. A. 6.00 pm B. 7.30 pm C. 8.00 pm D. 8.30 pm 60. which of the following is TRUE?
A. Ge You acted in the film Forever Enthralled. B. One of the four films is an American film. C. The ticket prices of the four films are the same.
D．The four films were released (发行) in the same year.
Johnny Smith was a good student at a high school. He loved his computer. He came home early every day, then he worked with it till midnight. But Johnny was not a good English student at all. He got an F in his English class. One day after school, Johnny joined his computer to the computer in his high school office. The school office computer had the grades of all the students, the maths grades. An F!
九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第4页
Johnny changed his English grade from an F to A. Johnny's parents looked at his report card. They were very happy.
"An A in English! "said Johnny's Dad. "You are a very clever boy, Johnny."
Johnny is a hacker(黑客).Hackers know how to take information from other computers and put new information in. Using a modem, they join their computers to other computers secretly. School headmasters and teachers are worried about hackers. So are the police, for some people even take money from bank computer account(帐户)and put it into their own ones. And they never have to leave home to do it! They are called hackers.
A. the classroom B. the school office C. a bank near his house D. his own house
A. Johnny was good at maths B. Johnny loved computers
C. Johnny could join one computer to another
D. they thought Johnny was not poor in English any longer
A. Johnny's parents B. School headmasters, teachers and the police
C. The police D. School headmasters and teachers
A. Information B. Bank computer accounts C. Computers D. Grades
A. Johnny B. computers C. hackers D. modem
Have you heard of microblogs（微博）? A microblog is a mini-blog. It is much shorter than a blog. You can only write about 140 words on it for one message. It has become a very popular way for people to check news or communicate with other people. Microbloggers can have a group of fans who visit their webpage and give similar comment(评论).
There are many ways to write a microblog. You can write it using a computer or your mobile phone. On a microblog, you can talk about your feelings, comment on other people or talk about hot topics with strangers. Besides these things, you can also put your photos or favourite songs on your microblog. On a microblog , you can pay special attention to people you like, and then you become their fan. You can have a lot of fans, too.
Many famous people have started microblogs, such as the famous actress, Yao Chen, Zhao Wei and the famous singers, Wang Fei. Chinese actress Yao Chen is considered to be the “Queen of Microblog ” in China. She is the most popular microblogger in the entertainment circle and has more than 4.5 million fans.
The microblog has attracted over million users, the users find microblogs make it easier to get information and make friends. They can write down their ideas whenever and wherever they like. The microblog is becoming a popular communication tool even among China’s government officials. It can also turn ordinary people into stars overnight if their stories are interesting enough to be widely spread. Now, the most famous microblog in the world is “Twitter”, created by Evan Milliams. Many country leaders also communicate with each other on Twitter.
66. What can your do on a microblog?
A. Talk about your feelings. B. Talk about hot topics.
C. Put your photos or favourite songs D. All of the above
67. If you often pay attention to someone on a microblog, you become his/her _____.
A. friend B. Writer C. fan D. blogger
68. Who is the most popular microbogger in the entertainment circle?
A.Yao Chen B. Zhao Wei C. Wang Fei D. Liu Yifei
69. By writing the microblogs the users can not only get information and make friends but also______.
A. write down their ideas B. watch the videos
九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第5页
C. enter the entertainment circle D. become government officials
70. What is the most famous microblog iin the world?
A. Sina weibo. B. Twitter. C. Facebook. D. Myspace.
Once a baby cries, the parents will go to see what happened as soon as possible. According to a new study, a baby's cry can make adults react(反应) very quickly, even if they are not related.
Oxford University researchers used the classic game whack-a-mole(打鼹鼠游戏) for the study. Whack-a-mole requires people to hit one of nine buttons (按钮). The players must react as quickly as they can to whichever of the buttons lights up at random(随机). It is a game that requires speed and accuracy (准确度 ).
The study included 40 men and women volunteers aged 19 to 59. Some of them had sons or daughters but none had a baby at the time. They played whack-a-mole after listening to different sounds, including babies crying, the crying of adults in trouble and birdsong played at a similar pitch to the babies' cries.
The volunteers' scores were higher after listening to the sound of crying babies. Men and women had similar scores overall. The results showed that a crying baby gets special attention.
"Few sounds make people react quite like the cry of a baby," said Morten Kringelbach of Oxford's psychiatry（精神病学） department, who led the study. "For example, it's almost impossible to ignore(忽视，不理) crying babies on planes. This is true even though there are so many other noises around."
He added that a baby's cry can increase adults' heart rate(心率) and blood pressure(血压). This is understandable, because in the course of human evolution (进化), taking care of babies has always been an important job for adults. When a baby is hungry or feeling bored or unwell, it will cry. As a result, human brains(大脑) and bodies develop a special reaction to a baby's cry.
71. According to the passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. There were 80 volunteers who took part in the study.
B. The youngest volunteer was 19 and the oldest was 59.
C. Some volunteers had babies at that time in the study.
D. The volunteers were affected by the sound of a baby’s cry.
72. The game “whack-a-mole” shows ______.
A. a baby’s cry can get special attention from adults
B. men and women have different reaction speed and accuracy
C. adults without babies react less quickly to a baby’s cry
D. women react to a baby’s cry more quickly than men
73. “Whack-a-mole” requires people to hit _____ at a time.
A. one button B. one of nine buttons C. nine buttons D. ten buttons
74. According to the passage, a baby’s cry ______.
A. has the same pitch as birdsong B. is the noisiest sound there is
C. can increase adults’ heart rate and blood pressure D. is good for its health
75. From the last paragraph, we learn that ______.
A. taking care of the younger babies was the most important thing in the past
B. human brains and bodies have developed to take care of babies
C. baby cries are a good way make adults react quickly
D. baby cries have developed a lot during the course of human evolution
1. Many teenagers are devoting their effort to (develop) good habits.
2. It’s one of the most famous (direct) names.
3. I think she is (attract) actress of all.
九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第6页
4. Some children may kill themselves after (quarrel) with their parents.
5. The films (it) are very interesting. So everyone likes them.
6. She is an (experience) teacher. She has ways of making her classes lively and
7. The (achieve) he got have earned him many different awards.
8. The young man feels so sad because so far no girl (fall) in love with him.
9. It's good for children to take part in some school ______________ (active).
10. The teacher told us that light (travel) faster than sound.
11. ——Why do you like the job?
——Because I want to work (close) with children.
12. How unlucky you are (lose) such a good job!
13. Daniel arrived out of (breathe) because he had gone.
14. You’d better (not change) his idea.
15. ---Why are you so happy today? ---Because I (win) the badminton match.
It was a dark and cold night. The taxi driver didn’t have even one passenger all day. When he went by the railway station, ①opened the door of the car and asked, “Where do you want to go, sir?”
“To Star Hotel,” the young man answered. When the taxi driver heard this, he didn’t feel happy any more. ②He knew the young man could give him only three dollars because the hotel was not_______ ______ the railway station. But suddenly, he had an idea. He took the passenger through many streets of the big city.
After a long time，the car arrived at the hotel at last. “You should pay me fifteen dollars，”the driver said to the young man. “What? Fifteen dollars! Do you think I’m a fool? Only last week, I took a taxi from the railway station to this same hotel and I only gave the driver thirteen dollars. I know how much I have to pay for the trip. I won’t pay you one dollar more than I paid to the other taxi driver last week.”
In fact , only three dollars is enough, but the first taxi driver cheated him and got thirteen dollars for the trip, it is even wrong that the second taxi driver wanted the young man to pay fifteen dollars for it .As we know , It is important for anyone to be honest to others.
3．回答问题: How much did the young man want to pay?
I went to the same hotel from the railway by taxi and the driver got thirteen dollars.
the winter vacation, I made a survey with ten questions, including “Can you remember the birthdays of your 九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第7页
friends?” and “Are you your way of returning their love?” Among the 50 . I could see deep sadness the last time I met my parents or best friends. Being busy is always my excuse.
don’t want to regretful(后悔的), we have to value every moment with parents and friends.
1. D_________ 2. p_________ 3. s_________ 4. m___________ 5. c_________
6. a_________ 7. f_________ 8. s_________ 9. l___________ 10. f_________
How are you? I’m glad to be your new penfriend. _____________________________________
九年级英语（9A Unit 5-6结束）第三次月度联考试卷 共6页 第8页