Welcome to the unit
looking good, feeling good
(1) Make students pay attention to their health, and how to keep healthy.
(2) Get the Ss to improve oral English by talking about the pictures.
Look at the four pictures and have a pair work. Choose one picture, and have a free talk. 1). Who is the person? 2). The reason why he/she does as the picture shows 3). Give some details about the picture.
you think they look good? ? 2)What do you think has made them so attractive that they are in people’s memory all the time? ? 3) Is a person’s ability judged by their appearance?
Some questions about yourself
1. Do you think appearance plays an important part in your life?
2. In you opinion, is a person’s ability judged by their appearance?
Do you think we can change our appearance by wearing different clothes?
Eating more fruit makes me feel better.
What do you do to keep yourself looking good and feeling good?
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone --- Audrey Hepburn
1. Write a passage about “health and beauty” 2. Preview the reading passage.