Module 11 Way of life
Unit 2 In England, you usually drink tea with milk.
Bishan school lily
Now fill in the blanks with the new words. erious 1.Our English teacher is very s________.We are all afraid of him. 2.In the USA,when someone gives you a present,you must open it i____________. mmediately 3.It’s aradition t________in China to give presents to friends during the Spring Festival. 4.Playing________(电子的)games for a long time video is bad for children’s eyes.
You ______ drive on the left of the road in must Britain.
You ________ ride your bicycle on the mustn’t pavement(人行道).
You _________ make noise in the library. mustn’t
You _________ take photos in the museum. mustn’t
fish and chips gentleman shoulder
Words and expressions
chip fish and chips onto
n.炸土豆条；炸薯条 炸鱼加炸薯条 prep. 到…之上；向…之 上 n. 先生；男士 n. 肩；肩膀
Words and expressions
experience stay someone for the first time sandwich n.经验；经历 n. 逗留；停留 pron. 某人；有人 首次；初次 n. 三明治；夹心面包 片
In Picture One , two women are sitting at a table . They are drinking tea and eating cakes and biscuits. In Picture Two ,people are trying to get on a bus.
Reading1:Find out which sentences describe the two pictures.
One day ,we visited some friends and had afternoon tea together……drink tea with milk. Once I noticed a gentleman touch a young ……He was really polite.
1. When do people have afternoon tea in Britain? At around 4 p.m. 2. What is the traditional food in England? Fish and chips.
（一）Read paragraph 1&2 loudly and finish the task. 1. When did the writer go to England? ____________________ Last year
2. What did Wang Hui notice when he was in England? (something interesting) __________________________ He noticed something
______________________________________ interesting with the English way of life.
3.When you are talking to your friends, you may call them____ a a)by their names b)Mr or Mrs
4. What is one example of the English way of life?(for the first time) ________________________________________ You must say Mr or Mrs when you
________________________________________ meet someone for the first time.
(二)Read paragraph 3 loudly and finish the exercise. 1. When you are invited for afternoon tea, you will have_____ a)tea b) a light meal 2. Afternoon tea is not just a drink but a light meal at around 4 pm.<翻译句子> 下午茶不仅仅是喝茶，而且是下午4点左右的一顿便餐。 _________________________________ 3. Tea in England usually has______in it. a) milk b) sugar 4.What do you eat for afternoon tea?(meal) Afternoon tea is a light meal and you eat sandwiches or a large fruit cake, and drink tea with milk.
(三)Read paragraph 4 loudly and answer the questions. 1. ______ is traditional food in England. a) Steak and potatoes b) Fish and chips 2.Can you take away fish
and chips from the Yes, I can. shops? _________________ 3.How can you eat fish and chips?(take away) You can eat fish and chips in shops or take it away and eat it with your fingers. _____________________________
(四)Read paragraph 5 loudly and answer the questions. 1.At the bus stop, it is important that you ______. a) wait in a line b)smile politely 2.You needn’t to stand in a line and wait your turn when you are at the bus stop.<判断正误 F T/F>( )need to stand in a line and wait your You 改正 turn when you are at the bus stop. _________________________________________ 3. What do people do when they wait for the When people wait for the bus, they need bus?(stand in line) to stand in a line and wait for their turn.
3 Choose the correct answer.
1 When you are talking to your friends, you may call them . a) √ by their first names b) Mr. or Mrs. 2 When you are invited for afternoon tea, you will have . a) tea b) a light tea
3 If you drink tea in England, it will usually contain . b) sugar .
4 The traditional food in England is a) steak and potatoes b) fish and chips √ 5 At a bus stop, it is important that you
a) wait in line
b) smile politely
for the first time meal meet something interesting stand in a line take away
1. What did Wang Hui notice when he was in England? He noticed something interesting with the English way of life.
2. What is one example of the English way of life? You must say Mr or Mrs when you meet someone for the first time. 3. What do you eat for afternoon tea? Afternoon tea is a light meal and you eat sandwiches or a large fruit cake, and drink tea with milk.
4. How can you eat fish and chips? You can eat fish and chips in shops or take it away and eat it with your fingers. 5. What do people do when they wait for the bus? When people wait for the bus, they need to stand in a line and wait for their turn.
someone pron. 某人；有人 1. For example, you must say Mr and Mrs when you meet someone for the first time. for the first time表示“初次，第一 次”。
e.g. I seem to hear someone knocking at the door. 我好像听到有人在敲门。 It rained for the first time since we arrived in Sydney. 自从我们到悉尼以来，这是第一次下雨
2. Afternoon tea is not just a drink but a light meal at around 4 pm.
not just … but ?“不仅仅??而且??”
e.g. Ms liu is not just a teacher but a very good friend of ours. 刘老师不仅仅是老师，而且还是我们 的好朋友。
3. … or you can take it away and eat it with your fingers!
take away在这里特指将餐馆的食品带走， 而不是在餐馆食用。
e.g. —Would you eat it here or take it away? 您是在这吃还是带走？ —I'll take it away. 带走。 因此在英国，外卖食品被称为“takeaway”。 e.g. The restaurant provides takeaway service. 这家餐馆提供外卖服务。
4. Once I noticed a gentleman touch a young
man on the shoulder… touch s
b. on the should 表示“拍某人的肩膀” 其他类似的表达例子如： pat sb. on the head 拍某人的头 kick sb. in the leg 踢某人的腿 5. need作为情态动词表示“需要”，可用于肯 定句、否定句和疑问句。否定形式needn’t 比较常用，表示“不需要”，或“不必要”。 need也可以作为行为动词，表示“需要”，常 用need to do sth.结构
Use the language points to make sentences.
1.我第一次碰到他 是在电影院里。 first time.
I met him at the cinema for the
2.他不仅是位老师， He is not just a teacher but a 而且还是个舞蹈家。 3.我要把它带走。
dancer. I’ll take it away. I need to clean my room.
6. Fish and chip is the traditional food in England.
fish and chips 译为“炸鱼加炸薯条”，这个名词词组 应该看做一个整体，这道菜是英国人最爱吃的食物， 甚至有人称之为“英国国菜”。这道菜起源于19世纪 中期的英，现在这道菜也流行于澳大利亚、美国等国 7. You 家。 can buy it and eat it in special fish and chip shops on the high street... 有人将high street译为“高街”，但high street不是指 街的路面比较高，而是指一个城镇的繁华的商业大街 或主街。在大城市，每一个区域都有自己的“高街”， 还有我国大城市的繁华商业街。
1. What do you do when you meet people for the first time? We may shake hands with or smile at each other when we meet for the first time. 2. What must you say when you talk to older people? We must use “nin” to show our respect.
3. What food and drink do you give to visitors when they come to your home? We will serve the visitors with tea, fruits and snacks. 4. What do you eat during the Spring Festival? We will have a big meal with our family during the Spring Festival. People may have lots of meat at the meal.
People in my home town are friendly to each other. They may shake hands with or smile at each other when they meet for the first time. When they’re introduced to someone older, they usually use “nin” to show their respect, when there are visitors at home, the host will serve them with tea, fruits and snacks.
The Spring Festival is the biggest occasion in my home town. People usually celebrate it by having a big meal with their families. They’ll have lots of meat. Children will enjoy the fireworks and snacks.
1. It rained heavily, so we ___ stay at home watching TV all day. A. could B. had to C. must 2. — May I take the book out of the reading room? — No, you can’t. You ___ read it here. It’s the rule. A. must B. would C. may
3. — Dad, may I watch TV? — No. You __ finish your homework first. A. must B. can C. may 4. — Bob, shall we go and meet our new classmate? — Sorry. I'm busy now. But you ____ ask David to go with you. He is free． A．need B．may C．must
5. You ____
park your car here. You’ll get a ticket, if you do. A. won’t B. shan’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t 6. I was really anxious about you. You ____ home without a word. A. mustn’t leave B. shouldn’t have left C. couldn’t have left D. needn’t leave
7. The traffic is heavy these days. I ____ arrive a bit late, so could you save me a place? A. can B. must C. need D. might 8. You ____ pay me now; I can easily wait till next week for the money. A. need B. needn’t C. must D. ought to
二、用所给词的适当形式填空。 1. Ya’an Earthquake ___________ (shake ) on shook April 28th. differences 2. There are many ____________ (different ) between British English and American English. 3. Can you tell me yourexperiences experience) __________( in Leshan? 4. He often eats threesandwiches(sandwich) for _______ breakfast. 5. Ladies and gentlemen (gentleman ) ,welcome ________ to our party.
shake hands for example a light meal first names
1. Peter lives a hard life and he often has a light meal . 2. In China first name are our family names. 3. Yesterday I met my old friend and we shake hands . 4. I like sports very much. for example, I run every morning.
1、他们握了手，然后坐下。 shook sat They _______ hands and _______ down. 2、这是我第一次游桂林。 my first time This was _______ _______ _______ to visit Guilin. 我们吃了三个三明治和一个水果蛋糕。 We ate three sandwichesand a _______ _______ fruit cake.