1. The winter vacation will begin tomorrow.
Yeah! ________ go to England for vacation?
A. Did you B. Do you C. Are you D. Are you going to
2. Every time I swim in the sea, I feel ________I am a fish.
A. like B. as C. if D. similar
3. Who is ________runner of the three girls?
A. better B. the better C. worst D. the best
4. This is not her first time in London. So she knows her way_______.
A. about B. out C. around D. forward
5. You are too important for us. I don’t think anyone can take your________.
.A. place B. space C. part D. role
6. If you _________too much junk food, you ________in poor health.
A. ate; are B. eat; are C. eat; will be D. will eat; will be
7. Jane is _________as her mother.
A. as beautifully B. as beautiful C. more beautifully
D. so beautiful
8. Maggie wanted an evening job that would allow her to____ __her son during the day.
A. look at B. look around C. look after D. look forward
9. We all like the story about the teacher________ happened in our school last week.
A. which B. who C. where D. what
10. There were only two paintings for sale and he bought________.
A. all B. any C. both D. some
11. Kate got the first prize in the competition.
A. How B. How an C. What D. What an
12. _________English well, one must have a lot of practice.
A. Speaks B. To speak C. Spoken D. Speaking
13. This _______action film is about a boy and a tiger.
A. 130-minute B. 130-minutes C. 130 minute
D. 130 minutes
14. Where are you going for the coming vacation?
I won’t decide________ the end of this month.
A. until B. unless C. though D. through
15. Jimmy, my car isn’t working. Could I borrow yours?
_________I have to use it.
A. Of course not! B. It’s my please.
C. Why not? D. I’m sorry.
Martin shook his money box again. Nothing ! He ______ _counted the coins that lay on the bed. $32 was all that he had. The bicycle he wanted was _______$100! How was he going to get the rest of the money?
He knew that his friends all had bicycles. It was _______to hang around with people when you were the only one without wheels. He thought about what he could do. There was no______ asking his parents, for he knew they had no money at all.
There was only one way to get money, and that was to________it. He would have to find a job.________ who would give him the chance and what could he do? He decided to ask Mr.Allen for _______, who is ready to help others.
That was the ________of Martin’s odd-job business. For three months he worked every day after finishing his homework. He forgot the ________of cars he washed and windows he cleaned, but the money increased and he knew that he would soon have _______for the bicycle he dreamed.
The day______ _came when Martia counted his money and found $104.32. He wanted no time and went down to the _______to pick up the bicycle he wanted. He rode proudly home,
_______showing his new bicycle to his friends. He had bought it_______ his own money. He had achieved what he thought was _________.
1. A. careful B. carefully C. careless D. carelessly
2. A at least B. at first C. at most D. at last
3. A. fast B. exciting C. easy D. hard
4. A. reason B. idea C. excuse D. result
5. A. borrow B. make C. lend D. collect
6. A. Or B. So C. For D. But
7. A. preparation B. experience C. advice D. discussion
8. A. beginning B. introduction C. requirement
9. A. kind B. place C. size D. number
10. A. all B. enough C. much D. some
11. A. finally B. commonly C. normally D. popularly
12. A. home B. school C. hotel D. shop
13. A. looking for B. looking after C. looking forward
D. looking forward to
14. A. with B. for C. at D. to
15. A. possible B. impossible C. important
A large number of people in the world eat fast food . Whenever you go into a fast food restaurant, you can see lots of people enjoying their meals there. How do you know in which country people like fast food best?
The English people are the world’s biggest fans of fast food, while the French are the least interested in quick meals, according to a survey last year.
The survey of 13 countries shows 45% of the English people say they like fast food because it’s delicious. And 44% of Americans and 37% of Canadians also like fast food.
The French, proud of their delicious and high –class cuisine, don’t like fast food. 81% of them think it’s unhealthy. 75% of the Japanese think so, too.
How about the Chinese? How often do you have hamburgers or fried chicken? It doesn’t matter whether you like Western fast food or Chinese food. The most important thing is to keep balanced diet..
1. From the survey we know_______ _like fast food best.
A. the Chinese B. the French C. the Japanese
D. the English
2. The survey shows_______ _of Americans like fast food.
A. 37% B. 44% C. 75% D. 81%
3. According to the survey, some people like fast food because________
A. it’s cheap B. it’s expensive C. it’s delicious
D. it’s healthy
4. The word underlined” cuisine” in the passage means______
A. food B. house C. water D. country
5. The survey is about _________
A. countries B. fast food C. restaurants
D. Chinese food
I often dreamed about Pisa when I was a boy. I read about the famous building called the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I thought this tower was a place to buy pizza. It must be the best place to buy pizza in the world, I thought.
Many years later, I saw the Leaning Tower myself. I knew then that it was Pisa and no pizza . But there was still sth special about it for me. The tower got its name because it really does lean to one side. Some people want to try to fix it. They are afraid that it may fall over and they don’t like it to lean over the city.
I do not think it’s a good idea to fix it. The tower probably will not fall down. It is 600years old. Why should anything
happen to it now? And, if you ask me, I like what it looks like. To me it is a very human kind of leaning. Nothing is perfect, it seems to say.
And who cares? Why do people want things to be perfect? Imperfect things may be more interesting. Let’s take the tower in Pisa as an example. Why is it so famous? There are many other older,, more beautiful towers in Italy. But Pisa tower is the most famous. People come from all over the world to see it.
6. What does the underlined word” leaning” mean?
A. 引导的 B。倾斜的 C。端正的 D 倒下的
7. This passage is about________
A．Italian pizza B. Italy’s problem C. a dream
D. why people like the leaning tower of Pisa
8. The writer often thought Pisa is______when he was a boy
A. not really lean B. not very famous
C. not the same as pizza D. the same as pizza.
9. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is__________
A. new B. falling down C. 600 years old
D. 60 years old
10. The writer likes the Leaning Tower of Pisa because_____
A. it’s old B. it’s perfect C. it’s imperfect
D. it sells pizza
1． Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces with a knife.
2． Add a little oil to the pot. Heat the oil.
3． Cook all the vegetables for about 3 minutes.
4． Beat the eggs with a fork. Add some salt and pepper.
5． Finally, fold the omelet in half and enjoy! Your omelet is
Enough happy again live can two of Another put late
I have a friend. She _______in Shanghai and her parents live in______ _city. One day I went to see her. We talked with each other________. Then she wanted to call her parents. So she dialed the number, but then she _______down the phone. After about fifteen seconds, she dialed the number _______”Hi, Mom…..”
________I asked her, ”Why did you dial the number_______?” She said, “My parents are old and slow. They_____ _get to the telephone quickly. I always do so when I call them because I want to give them ________time to answer the call.”
My friend is a good girl. She is always thinking about her parents. You also want to be a good child, right? Please always remember to think _______your parents, not just on some important
1． People who know most often say_______(little)
2． It seems easy at the_________(begin)
3． They say UFOs are not real, but I
4． Did you get his __________(invite)?
5． He drove__________(careful) to pass the old
6． He is an American__________(piano)
7． I think you need to take him________(serious)
8． We ________(choose) the house for our home the
minute we saw it.
9． Put some_________(salt)into the soup.
10． Our teacher said we must do the job
1. The doctor told him to take the m_______ __three times a day.
2. I want to be a ｐ＿＿＿＿when I grew up. I want to fly an airplane in the future.
3. A _______ _he is only ten years old, he can already speak three languages.
4. Mike gave me a cigarette, but I r__________.
5. I am so h_______ _that I can eat a sheep now.
6. This is my first job, so I don’t have much____________( 经验 ).
7. As you know, making a lot of money without working is __________(不可能的)
8. How do you ___________( 庆祝 )the coming Spring Festival?
9. Yesterday, I took Jane’s schoolbag by__________(错误 )
10. Thank you for being so _________(善解人意的)
注意：1.开头部分已写好，你只需接着写。2.所写内容必须包括上述五个方面，其余可适当发挥。3.词数：70个左右。 Dear Mike，