A: Can you swim?
B: Yes, I can. /No, I can’t.
A: Can you play football?
B: Yes, we can.
/No, I can’t.
A: Can you play football with us ? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
go to the doctor
1. can 用于表示“________”，如： 能，会 汤姆会游泳。___________________ Tom can swim. 2. Can you…? 表达 “____________”， 邀请或建议 答语：同意用 _________________ Sure, I’d love to. 不同意用 Sorry, I can’t. I have to … __________________________ __________________________ 或 I’m afraid not. I have to … 如：恐怕不行，我要去探望我的姑姑。 I’m afraid not. I have to visit my aunt. __________________________________
prepare [ pr?' per ] v. 预备；准备 prepare for 为做 … 准备 考试 exam [ ?ɡ'z? m ] 流行性感冒；流感 flu [ flu: ] 得流感 have the flu 可得到的；有空的； available [ ?'ve?l?bl ] until [ ?n't?l ] 直到…为止 悬挂；(使)低垂 hang [ h?? ] 赶上；抓住；捕捉 catch [ k? t? ]
根据箭头指向的汉语说出英 play basketball 语短语。 准备考 have the flu 试 去音乐 去看病 play the piano 会 go to the doctor 去见 弹钢琴 help my parents 朋友 go to the concert 得了流 打篮球 prepare for a test 帮父母 感 meet my friend
A: Can you come to my party? B: Sure, I’d love to.
Sorry, I can’t.
A: Can you… basketball with us? play B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to … study for a test
play A: Can you … ? football with me
B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
go to the doctor
A: Can you …? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
go to the concert
visit my friend
How to accept an invitation
? ? ? ? ? Yes, I’d love/like to. Certainly, I’d love/like to. Sure, I’d love/like to. Thanks for your invitation. Thanks for asking me.
How to decline（谢绝） an invitation
? ? ? ? ? I’m sorry, I can’t. I have to… I’d love to, but I have to… Sorry, I can’t. I’m going to the movies. Thanks for your invitation. Thank you for asking me.
Match the phrases with the pictures (a-e).
1. prepare for an exam a 4. meet my friend ____ __ b e 2. help my parents ___ 5. have the flu c ___ 3. go to the doctor____ d
1b Listen and write the names
(Tim, Kay, Anna and Wilson) next to the correct students
in the picture.
1c. Group work
A: Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon? B: Sure, I’d love to. C: Sorry, I can’t. I have to prepare for an exam. D: I’m sorry, too. I must go to the doctor.
Listen and circle 2a can or can’t.
1. Jeff (can / can’t ) go to the party. 2. Mary (can / can’t) go to the party. 3. May (can / can’t) go to the party. 4. Mei Ling (can / can’t) go to the party. 5. Paul (can / can’t) go to the party.
Listen again. Who can’t go to the party? Why? Complete the chart. Names Jeff May Reasons meet his friend on Saturday has the flu
Mei Ling study for a math test
Look at the reason in
the chart in 2b. Write some more. Then, Student A, invite your partner to do something. Student B, say you can’t go and why.
1. too much homework 2. ____________________ football match have to take part in the 3. ____________________ sister have to look after his little have to visit his grandparents 4. ____________________
Read the conversation and answer the questions.
1. What did they do last fall? ___________________________________ They went bike riding. 2. What does Nick have to do on Saturday?
Nick has to prepare for an exam. ___________________________________
3. When will they hang out?
On Monday night. ___________________________________
1. Sam isn’t leaving until next Wednesday. not … until …“直到……才……”。 He wrote his homework until 11:30 pm. 肯定句 动词为延续性动词 He didn’t go to bed until his mother came back。 否定句动词为短暂性动词
1. Wait until I call. 等到我打电话来为止。 延续性动词 2. They talked until dawn(天亮). 他们一直谈到天亮。 3. She didn't arrive until 6 o'clock. 她六点才到。 短暂性动词 4. We won't start until Tom comes. 我们会等到汤姆来后才出发。
2. Catch you on Monday! 礼拜一见！ 这是英语中道别的又一种说法，相当 于See you on Monday! 类似的说法还 有：Catch / See you later! (回头见！)
1. --_______ you come to my party? Can --_______, I’d love to. Yes 2. --_______ you go to the movies? Can --I’m sorry, I _______. can’t 3. -- _______ you go to the basketball game? Can --No, I ______. I’m playing soccer. can’t 4. --______ you go to the concert? Can love to --Great! I’d ______ _____. Can 5. -- _______ you go to the mall this week? can’t --Sorry, I _______.
假设你将于这个周末过生日，并开一 个生日聚会，你邀请朋友们参加你的聚会， 但有几名同学因故不能来，请你将与他们 的对话用英语写出来。