1. This is the train ____ we went to Shanghai.
A. by which B. by that C. whose D. where
2. —Have you ever been to Rome?
—No, but that's the city________.
A. where I most like to visit B. I'd most like to visit
C. which I like to visit most D. where I'd like most to visit
3. Is this the museum you visited the other day?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
4. This is the very film I've long wished to see.
A. which B. that C. who D. whom
5. There is no difficulty can't be overcome in the world.
A. that B. which C. who D. what
6. Who is the person is standing at the gate of Beijing Tourism Tower?
A. who B. that C. which D. whom
7. As a teacher, I seldom give my students so difficult a problem ______they can not work out.
A. that B. if C. in order that D. as
8. This is the last time I shall come here to help you.
A. that B. which C. when D. what
9. My neighbors used to give me a hand in time of trouble, was very kind of them.
A. who B. that C. which D. whom
10.Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase, ______ was very
A. which price B. the price of which
C. its price D. the price of whose
11. That's the hotel last year.
A. which we stayed B. at that we stayed C. Where we stayed at D. where we stayed
12. The doctor did all to save the wounded boy.
A. what he could B. he could
C. everything which he could D. for which he could do
13. Anyone this opinion may speak out.
A .that againsts B. that against C. who is against D. who are against
14. The place you are standing used to be an old church.
A. which B. where C. that D. when
15. You've made the same mistake you made last time.
A. as B. like C. which D. that
16. It is not such an interesting magazine I thought.
A. as B. that C. which D.／
17. you know, he is a famous musician.
A. As B. which C. That D.／
18. Mr Zhou, native language was Chinese, could read and write several foreign languages.
A. whose B. his C. which D. that
19. I took my friend to the Summer Palace, we had some photos taken.
A. where B. which C. that D.／
20. Do you remember the day your sister was graduated as a Master of Arts?
A. which B. on which C. about which D.／
21. The bus, was already full, was surrounded by an angry crowd.
A. which of most B. most of which C. which of the most D. most of that
22. We all remember the days we studied together at school.
A. which B. that C. when D.／
23. Do you know the reason he didn't come?
A. that B. which C. for D. why
24. He is the only one of the three got the new idea.
A. who have B. whom have C. who has D. whose had
25. I'm one of the students well in English in my class.
A. who does B. who do C. which does D. who did
26．- Have you read the books?
- Yes, I’ve read all the books _____ you gave me.
A. which B. what C. that D. who
27. This is the very place ___ the anti-Japanese soldiers fought over sixty years ago.
A. that B. which C. where D. there
28. He has four dogs, the biggest _____ is called “Beibei”.
A. that B. about which C. of which D. which
29. The old lady had one son and two daughters, _____ treated her well, ____ made her very sad.
A. all of them; which B. none of whom; which
C. both of whom; which D. neither of whom; that
30. The hard-working farmers and their happy life_____ we saw in the countryside made a wonderful impression on us. A. whom B. who C. which D. /
31. The young fellow standing under the tree, ____ is good at English, is from Beijing.
A. who B. which C. when D. that
32. We visited the factory _____ makes toys for children.
A. where B. which C. in which D. at which
33. They said that the host had enough glasses for each guest, _____ were handed down from his grandfather. A. who B. that C. which D. whose
34. After graduation he asked to be sent to the place ______
A. where he is most needed B. where he need
C. where he is mostly needed D. where is he mostly needed.
35. The doctor ______ she sent her friend is very famous.
A. to whom B. to whose C. whom D. at whom
36. Lily would never forget the evening ______ she lost the ring.
A. which B. when C. at which D. where
37. They talked for about an hour of things and persons ______ they
remembered in the school.
A. which B. that C. who D. whom
38. It was in the lab ______ was taken charge of by Professor Zhang _____they did the experiment .
A. where; that B. which; where C. that; where D. which; that
39. I don’t like ___ you speak to her.
A. the way B. the way in that C. the way which D. the way of which
40. He was hiding behind the door ______ he could see what was happening.
A. which B. from where C. from which D. where
41. ______ is reported in the newspapers, talks between the two countries are making progress.
A. It B. As C. That D. What
42. There were dirty marks on her trousers ______ she had wiped her hands.
A. where B. which C. when D. that
43. There are two buildings, _____ stands nearly a hundred feet high .
A. the larger B. the larger of them C. the larger one that D. the larger of which
44.—Why does she always ask you for help? —There is no one else _____ , is there? （2005北京）
A．who to turn to B．she can turn to C．for whom to turn D．for her to turn
45. Great changes have taken place in that school. It is no longer _______ it was 20 years ago, _______ it was so poorly equipped.（2005安徽）
A．what; when B．that; which C．what; which D．which; that
46. —Is that the small town you often refer to?
—Right, just the one _____ you know I used to work for years. （2005福建）
A. that B. which C. where D. what
47. Many people who had seen the film were afraid to go to the forest when they remembered the scenes ______ people were eaten by the tiger. （2005广东）
A. in which B. by which C. which D. that
48. Her sister has become a lawyer, _________ she wanted to be. （2005湖北）
A. who B. that C. what D. which
49. Frank’s dream was to have his own shop ____ to produce the workings of his own hands（05湖南）
A. that B. in which C. by which D. how
50. The place ____ the bridge is supposed to be built should be ____ the cross-river traffic is the heaviest. （2005江苏） A. which; where B. at which; which C. at which; where D. which; in which
51. The schools themselves admit that not all children will be successful in the jobs _____ they are being trained. （2005江西） A．in that B．for that C．in which D．for which
52. I walked in our garden, _____ Tom and Jim were tying a big sign onto one of the trees. （05辽宁）
A．which B．when C．where D．that
53. I have many friends , ________ some are businessmen .（2005全国卷I）
A．of them B．from which C．who of D．of whom
54. He was educated at a local grammar school, _________ he went on to Cambridge. （2005山东）
A. from which B. after that C. after which D. from this
55.Last month, part of Southeast Asia was struck by floods, from _____ effects people are still suffering. （2005天津） A. that B. whose C. those D. what
56. Jim passed the driving test, _________ surprised everybody in the office. （2005浙江）
A．which B．that C．this D．it
57. ______ I explained on the phone, your request will be considered at the next meeting. （2005浙江）
A．When B．After C．As D．Since
58. Mark was a student at this university from 1999 to 2003, _______ , he studied very hard and was made Chairman of the Students' Union. （2005重庆）
A. during which time B. for which time C. during whose time D. by that time
59.If a shop has chairs_______ women can park their men, women will spend more time in the shop.（2005上海） A. that B. which C. when D. where
60. Do you still remember the chicken farm _________we visited three months ago? （2005北京春季）
A. where B. when C. that D. what
61. The United States is made up of fifty states, one of ______ is separated from the others by the Pacific Ocean.（2005上海春季） A. them B. those C. which
62. The English play ______ my students acted at the New Year's party was a great success.
（2004全国） A. for which B. at which C. in which D. on which
63. ___ is reported in the newspapers, talks between the two countries are making progress.
（2004北京） A. It B. As C. That D. What
64. The journey around the world took the old sailor nine months,
________ the sailing time was 226 days.（2004广西） A. of which B. during which C. from which D. for which
65. I work in a business _____ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance. (2004湖南)
A. how B. which C. where D. that
66. There were dirty marks on her trousers ______ she had wiped her hands. （2004吉林）
A. where B. which C. when D. that
67. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others ,
_______ , of course , made the others envy him.（2004天津） A. who B. that C. what D. which
68._______is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. （2004江苏）
A. Which B. When C. What D. As
69.Anyway, that evening , _____ I’ll tell you more about later, I ended up staying at Rachel’s place.（2004浙江）A. when B. where C. what D. which
70. A story goes ______ Elizabeth I of England liked nothing more that being surrounded by clever and qualified noblemen at court. （2004上海） A. when B. where C. what D. that
71. The factory produces half a million pairs of shoes every year, 80%
__________ are sold abroad.（2004辽宁） A．of which B．which of C．of them
72. There was ______ time _______ I hated to go to school. （2004湖北）
A．a; that B．a; when C．the; that D．the; when
73. There are two buildings, ______ stands nearly a hundred feet high . （2004湖北）
A．the larger B．the larger of them C．the larger one that D．the larger of which
74. What surprised me was not what he said but ______ he said it . （2004湖北）
A．the way B．in the way that C．in the way D．the way which
75. American women usually identify their best friend as someone
_________ they can talk frequently.（2004上海）A. who B. as C. about which D. with whom
76. George Orwell, _______ was Eric Arthur, wrote many political novels and essays. （2004北京）
A. the real name B. what his real name C. his real name D. whose real name
77. York, ______ last year, is a nice old city. (2003北京)
A. that I visited B. which I visited C. where I visited D. in which I visited
78. I can think of many cases _________ students obviously knew a lot of English words and expressions but couldn't write a good essay. (2003上海) A. why B. which C. as D. where
79. We are living in an age ________ many things are done on computer. (2003北京春季)
A. which B. that C. whose D. when
80.______ has been announced, we shall have our final exams next month. (2003上海春季)
A. That B. As C. It D. What
81. ____made the school proud was_______ more than 90% of the
students had been admitted to key universities.(2003上海春季)A. What; because B. What; that C. That; what D. That ;because
82. We will be shown around the city: schools ,museums ,and some other places,______ other visitors seldom go. (2002北京) A. what B. which C. where
83. Alec asked the policeman __________ he worked to contact him
whenever there was an accident. (2002上海) A. with him B. who C. with whom
84. There's a feeling in me _______ we'll never know what a UFO is—not ever. (2002上海)
A. that B. which C. of which D. what
85. Perseverance is a kind of quality—and that's __________ it takes to do anything well. (2002上海)
A. what B. that C. which D. why
86. The famous basketball star, _________ tried to make a comeback, attracted a lot of attention.
(2002京皖春季) A. where B. when C. which D. who
87. The famous scientist grew up __________ he was born and in 1930 he came to Shanghai.
(2002上海春季) A. when B. whenever C. where D. wherever
88. Is this the reason ________at the meeting for his carelessness in his work? (2002上海春季)
A. he explained B. what he explained C. how he explained D. why he
89. He's got himself into a dangerous situation _______ he is likely to lose control over the plane. (2001上海) A. where B. which C. while D. why
90. John said he’d been working in the office for an hour, ________was true. (2001京皖春季)
A. he B. this C. which D. who
91. Have you seen the film “Titanic”, _______ leading actor is world
A. its B. it's C. whose D. which
92. Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the play, _________, of course, made the others unhappy. (2000全国) A．who B．which C．this D．what
93. Look out! Don’t get too close to the house_____ _roof is under repair. (2006福建)
A. whose B. which C. of which D. what
94. We saw several natives advancing towards our party, and one of them came up to us._____ we gave some bells and glasses. (2006湖南)
A. to which B. to whom C. with whom D. with which
95. The owner of the cinema needed to make a lot of improvements and employ more people to keep it running, ______ meant spending tens of thousands of pounds. （2006江苏）
A. who B. that C. as D. which
96.—Do you have anything to say for yourselves?
—Yes，tbere 's one point_________we must insist on． (2006江西)
A．why B．where C．how D．/
97. saw a woman running toward me in the dark. Before I could recognize who she was，she had run back in the direction ________ she had come. （2006重庆）
A. of which B. by which C. in which D. from which
98. Doris' success lies in the fact ___ she is co-operative and eager to learn from others.
（2006上海春）A. which B. that C. when D. why
99. Women _____drink more than two cups of coffee a day have a greater chance of having heart disease than those ____don’t. (2006 北京)
A. who; 不填B. 不填 ; who C. who ; who D. 不填; 不填
100. His plan was such a good one_____ we all agreed to accept it. (06全国II)
A. so B .and C. that D. as
1-5 ABABA 6-10 BDACB 11-15 DBCBD
16-20 AAAAB 21-25 BCDCB 26-30 CCCBD
31-35 ABCAA 36-40 BBDAB 41-45 BADBA
46-50 CADBC 51-55 DCDCB 56-60 ACADC
61-65 CCBAC 66-70 ADDDD 71-75 ABDAD 76-80 DBDDB 81-85 BCCAA 86-90 DCAAC 91-95 CBABD 96-100 DDBCC