1. Tommy is honest boy, so we should believe he says.
A. a; what B. an; what C. an; that D. the; what
2. Jim is so thirsty that he still wants to have orange juice.
A. two more B. more two C. some more D. another two
3. After the rebuilding, our school is becoming .
A. more and more beautiful B. more beautiful and more beautiful
C. beautiful and beautiful D. The more beautiful
4. --- Daniel, I think Nick is very smart.
--- . And I know that he learns his lessons much better than his friends.
A. Yes, I agree B. Yes, he is C. Yes, he does D. Thank you
5. --- the little girl looks!
--- That's true. She can't find her Teddy Bear.
A. How sad B. What sad C. What sadly D. How sadly
6. --- Can you us funny stories after school?
--- Oh, I don't have to. He will do it himself.
A. ask him tell to B. make him to tell C. tell him speak D. make him tell
7. There is a big cake. share it.
A. May be we can B. We may be C. Maybe we can D. Maybe can we
8. --- How are you today, Bob?
--- I'm even now. Maybe the medicine doesn't work.
A. better B. worse C. happier D. unluckier
9. In our exam, the careful we are, the mistakes we'll make.
A. more; more B. more; less C. less; fewer D. more; fewer
10. Speaking has reading in our English study.
A. as important as B. so important as
C. the same importance as D. the most important
11. Xiao Li has homework and she really doesn't know first.
A. much too; what to do B. too much; to do what
C. much too; to do what D. too much; what to do
12. Maths is one of Peter's subjects.
A. the bad B. the worse C. worst D. the worst
13. --- There used to be lots of fish in the lake.
--- Yes, but there are very now.
A. few B. fewer C. little D. less
14. I hope you can give me .
A. some advise B. an advice C. three pieces of advices D. some advice
15. He is much taller than in his class.
A. any other girl B. any girl C. the other girls D. other girls
16. I The price of the coat is so that I can't buy it.
A. expensive B. valuable C. low D. high
17. --- I cooked the meal for you. Do you enjoy it, Tom?
--- Yes. It can't be .
初二英语8A Unit1-2 阶段测试 第 1 页 共 6 页
A. good B. better C. best D. worse
18. --- I'd like to be a teacher when I grow up.
--- That sounds .
A. great B. well C. better D. best
19. The information is not enough, so we should look into the matter.
A. farther B. further C. farthest D. furthest
20. If you go, at least wait until the snow is over.
A. can B. may C. will D. must
Billy is a boy of fifteen. His parents died three years ago. One day when he was walking in the street, he a wallet. He returned it to the owner, Mr Baker. He gave his to the boy. As the boy had no job, Mr Baker made him work for him in his . Billy worked so hard that Mr Baker was with him.
Mr Baker loved planting . The week before last, he brought a few trees home, planted them in the himself and watered them every day. Several days , he had to leave for another city. Before he started, he said to Billy, "Take good care of these trees. Some boys near our house always want to steal(偷) them." "Don't about them, sir." answered Billy, "I'll try my best to watch them."
Six days passed and Mr Baker came back. He asked, "Has ever come to steal the trees?" "No, sir." said Billy. "To stop someone from stealing the trees, I them up six days ago. I have hidden(藏) them for almost a week!"
1. A. bought B. found C. carried D. wanted
2. A. wallet B. pity C. thanks D. excuses
3. A. office B. factory C. town D. home
4. A. pleased B. angry C. bored D. popular
5. A. grass B. flowers C. vegetables D. trees
6. A. garden B. office C. city D. room
7. A. ago B. later C. before D. after
8. A. think B. talk C. learn D. worry
9. A. something B. one C. anyone D. someone
10. A. sent B. pulled C. put D. picked
One evening Mr Black was driving his car around the country. He wanted to find a small hotel. Then he saw an old man at the side of the road. He stopped his car and said to the old man, "I want to go to the Sun Hotel. Do you know it" "Yes," The old man answered. "I'll show you the way."
He got into Mr Black's car, and they drove about 12 miles. When they came to a small house, the old man said. "Stop here." Mr Black stopped and looked at the house. "But this isn't the hotel." He said to the old man. "No," The old man answered. "This is my house. And I'll show you the way to the Sun Hotel. Turn around and go back nine miles. Then
初二英语8A Unit1-2 阶段测试 第 2 页 共 6 页
you'll see the Sun Hotel on the left."
1. Mr Black stopped his car because .
A. he saw a friend B. the lights were red
C. he saw an old man D. he wanted to look for a hotel
2. The old man took Mr Black .
A. to his own house B. to Mr Black's house
C. to the Sun Hotel D. to the bus stop
3. The old man didn't tell Mr Black how to get to the Sun Hotel, did he?
A. No, he didn't. B. Yes, he did. C. No, he did. D. Yes, he didn't.
O. Henry, a famous American writer of short stories, was born in North Carolina in 1862. O. Henry was a pen name. His real name was William Sydney Porter. When he was a young boy, he did not go to school for long because of being born in a poor family, but he tried to teach himself everything he needed to know.
When he was about 20 years old, O. Henry went to Texas. There he tried different jobs. He first worked on a newspaper, and then had a job in a bank. But he got himself into some trouble. Some money went missing from the bank. O. Henry was believed to have stolen it, so he was sent to prison. During the three years in prison, he learned to write short stories. After he got out of prison, he went to New York and went on writing.
He wrote mostly about New York and the life of the poor there. People liked his stories, because almost all of them finished with a sudden change. This made the readers surprised.
4. O. Henry was sent to prison because .
A. people thought he had stolen money from the newspaper.
B. people thought he had stolen money from the bank.
C. he wanted to write stories about prisoners.
D. he broke the law(法律) by not using his own name
5. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. O. Henry was from a rich family
B. O. Henry was in school for a long time
C. O. Henry learned everything he needed by himself.
D. O. Henry liked writing stories when he was a little boy.
6. People enjoyed reading O. Henry's stories because .
A. they had surprising endings
B. they were easy to understand
C. they showed love for the poor
D. they were about New York City
Many teenagers feel that the most important people in their life are their friends. They believe that their family members don't know them as well as their friends do. In large families, it is quite often for brothers and sisters to fight with each other and they can only go to their friends for some ideas.
It is very important for teenagers to have one friend or a group of friends. Even when they are not with their friends, they usually spend a lot of time talking among themselves on
初二英语8A Unit1-2 阶段测试 第 3 页 共 6 页
the phone. This communication(交流) is very important in Children's growing up, because friends can talk about something. These things are difficult to say to their family members.
However, parents often try to choose their children's friends for them. Some parents may even stop their children from meeting their good friends. Have you ever thought of the following questions?
＊ Who chooses your friends?
＊ Do you choose your friends or your friends choose you?
＊ Have you got a good friend your parents don't like?
Your answers are welcome.
7. is very important to teenagers.
A. To make friends B. Communication
C. To stop meeting friends D. Both A and B
8. When teenagers have something difficult to say to their parents, they usually .
A. stay alone at home B. fight with their parents
C. discuss it with their friends
D. go to their brothers and sisters for help
9. The sentence "Your answers are welcome." means .
A. You are welcome to discuss the questions with us.
B. We've got no idea, so your answers are welcome.
C. Your answers are always right.
D. You can give us all the right answers.
10. Which of the following is the writer's attitude(态度) ?
A. Parents should choose friends for their children.
B. Children should choose everything they like.
C. Parents should understand their children better.
D. Teenagers should go to their friends for help.
I have always loved cars. After graduating from college, I got one, which I regarded as (把……看作是……) my favourite friend. I called it Victor. For the next three years, everything I did was connected with(与……有关) Victor. I lived a happy life. But because of money problems, I had to sell Victor. Then my life broke down. Without Victor, I was like a fish out of water. Three months later, with the encouragement of my friends, I decided to start a new life. I tried and made it. Everything went well again. Losing my car made me grow up. I have learned that life won't always go our way, but we can choose to be
初二英语8A Unit1-2 阶段测试 第 4 页 共 6 页
班级 姓名 成绩
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
1. The food smells (good). We must throw it away. 2. Can you tell us everything about (you), children? 3. This is the (bad) computer in the shop.
4. You must trust him because he never tells (lie).
5. Hamburgers are (healthy) food. Don't eat too much of them. 6. The weather in China is (like) that in England.
7. I knew how to cook meals for (I) after I came to this school. 8. The (high) of the building is 80 metres.
六、根据所给中文和句意，用单词的正确形式。 9% 1. The lazy pig doesn't (在乎) where to sleep. 2. Don't be (害羞). Say it again more loudly. 3. My grandfather is good at (讲) stories.
4. The boy is the same (重) as his elder sister.
5. Jim's mother is an (杰出的) cook. She makes delicious meals for the family. 6. The little boy has no (观念) of time. We have to tell him to go home soon. 7. Betty is also a beautiful girl with (幽默). You won't feel bored with her. 8. The number of the students in Class 1 is (多) than that of Class 3. 9. The girl rides (经过) the post office every day on her way to school.
初二英语8A Unit1-2 阶段测试 第 5 页 共 6 页
1. I (not feel) very well yesterday.
2. The little boy always (give) seats to the old on the bus.
3. At weekends, Nancy enjoys (read) comic books at home.
4. Listen! Someone (sing) songs in the classroom.
5. What makes him (feel) so happy?
6. All of us are ready (help) people when they have problems.
7. Oh, you are fatter than before. You must do more exercise (keep) thin.
8. They (have) an English party yesterday evening, didn't they?
9. My mother asks us (not watch) too much TV.
10. Don't you think (learn) French is fun?
1. Can I have two more chairs? (同义句转换)
Can I have chairs?
2. The weather here is wet and cold. (对划线部分提问)
is the weather here?
3. Science is less popular than Chinese. (同义句转换)
Science is not Chinese.
4. Nancy joins more clubs than Tom. (同义句转换)
Tom joins clubs than Nancy.
5. My trousers are different from John's. (同义句转换)
My trousers are John's.
It is .
Our teachers .
Daniel in our class.
May and she is .
My brother learns .
初二英语8A Unit1-2 阶段测试 第 6 页 共 6 页