Module 1 Travel
1. I am a student. ________ name is Tom.
A. My B. Your C. His D. Her
2. We usually have a football match ________ Sunday.
A. in B. on C. at D. to
3. —There ________ a lot of meat on the plate. Would you like some ?
—Just a little, please.
A. is B. are C. am D. be
4. Of all the students, Linda draws ________ carefully .
A. very B. much C. more D. most
5. —What is Mum doing now ? —She ________ some clothes.
A. washes B. is washing C. washed D. has washed
6. There isn’t ________ water in the glass. Let’s go and get some.
A. many B. lots C. any D. some
7. Tomorrow’s meeting is very important. Please ask them ________ there on time.
A. go B. going C. to go D. went
8. —Why are you walking to school? —Because my ________ is broken.
A. radio B. watch C. bike D. bag
9. Betty didn’t come to school yesterday ________ she was ill.
A. but B. than C. if D. because
10. Do you enjoy ________ English in our class, Mr. Green?
A. teach B. taught C. to teach D. teaching
11. Mid-Autumn Day usually ________ in September or October every year .
A. come B. comes C. is coming D. will come
12. Mike looks ________ than Paul, but they are of the same age.
A. youngest B. the youngest C. younger D. very young
13. —Where is Mrs. Smith? —She isn’t here. She ________ to England .
A. has gone B. has been C. went D. goes
14. Mrs. Green is out. I have to ________ her baby.
A. look around B. look up C. look for D. look after
15. —Dad, must I finish my homework today? —No, you ________ . You may do it tomorrow.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. don’t D. won’t
16. Mr. Thin was very poor, ________ he was very happy.
A. and B. but C. or D. so
17. —Shall we leave now? —Don’t hurry. We still have ________ time left.
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
18. We’re in class. You’d better not
A. talk B. talking C. talked D. to talk
19. —Guess ________ I did yesterday! —I think you went to a party.
A. where B. when C. what D. which
20. ________ away this dirty shirt and bring me a clean one.
A. Pick B. Bring C. Carry D. Take
二. 完形填空 Mike always loves ships. When he was older, he said, “I’m going to be a soldier.” But his eyThen he said, “I’m going to I’m going around the world. ”But boats were very expensive, and Mike did not have enoughLast summer Mike found a swimming he is a good swimmer.
Last week a little boy said to him, “You’reim so well?”
“I’m not good at all, ” Mike said and he smiled. “ I’m in the water, I say to myself, There are I’m very afraid, and I
21. A. big
22. A. buy
24. A. park B beautiful B make B. work B. school
B. jump C. good C borrow C time C. farm C. many C. talks C. we C. Though C. dangerous C. swim D strong D. draw D. money D. factory D any D. games D you D Where D different D fly 23. A. food 25. A. much 26. A. meals 27. A. I 28. A. If 30. A. run
三. 阅读理解 29. A. interesting
One day, Bruce played in front of a house. A woman came up and asked Bruce, “Little boy, is your mother at home?”
“Yes, she is, ” answered the boy.
Then the woman went over to ring the bell. The bell rang and rang, but no one came to open the door. The woman got angry and called out to him, “You told me your mother was at home, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” the boy answered.“My mother is at home, but this isn’t my home.”
31. One day, Bruce played ________.
A. in a park B. in the street
C. in front of a shop D. in front of a house
32. The woman wanted to see ________.
A. Bruce’s mother B. Bruce’s father
C. Bruce himself D. nobody
33. The woman went over to ________ after she talked with Bruce.
A. knock at the door of the house B. ring the bell of the house
C. give a call to his mother D. ask his mother some questions
34. The woman got _______ because no. one came to open the door.
A. pleased B. surprised C. angry D. afraid
35. In the story the woman didn’t find Bruce’s mother because ________.
A. she went to the wrong house
C. Bruce was not at home
The word“day” has two meanings. When we talk about the number of days in a year, we are using “day” to mean 24 hours. But when we talk about day and night, we are using“day” to mean the time between sunrise and sunset. Since the earth looks like a ball, the sun can shine on only half of it at a time. Always one half of the earth is having day and the other half night. A place is moved from day into night and from night into day over and over by the spinning（旋转）of the earth. At the equator（赤道）day and night are sometimes the same length. They are
each twelve hours long. The sun rises at 6 o’clock in the morning and sets at 6 o’clock in the evening. For six months the North Pole is tilted（倾斜）toward the sun. In those months the Northern Hemisphere（半球）gets more hours of sunlight than the Southern Hemisphere.
Days are longer than nights. South of the equator nights are longer than days. For the other six months the North Pole is tilted away from the sun. Then the Southern Hemisphere gets more sunlight. Days are longer than nights. North of the equator nights are longer than days. Winter is the season of long nights. Summer is the season of long days. 36. When the Western Hemisphere is having day, the Eastern Hemisphere is having ________.
A. both day and night B. day
C. neither day nor night D. night
37. A place is moved from day into night and from night into day over and over by ___ of the earth.
A. the pushing B. the pulling C. the spinning D. the passing
38. At the equator day is as long as night ________.
A. sometimes B. never C. usually D. always
2 3 B. she didn’t know Bruce’s mother D. Bruce didn’t have a mother
39. When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Northern Hemisphere gets _______ sunlight.
A. less B. more C. all D. no
40. When it is winter in China, ________.
A. the USA is tilted toward the sun
B. the South Pole is tilted away from the sun C. the North Pole is tilted toward the sun
D. the North Pole is tilted away from the sun
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. D 5. B 6. C 7. C 8. C 9. D
10. D 11. B 12. C 13. A 14. D 15. A 16. B 17. B 18. A
19. C 20. D
21. C 22. A 23. D 24. B 25. A 26. B 27. D 28. B 29. C
31. D 32. A
33. B 34. C 35. A 36. D
2 5 37. C 38. A 39. B