Unit 1 It might snow.
1.学习并掌握表示天气的名词和形容词。 wind, cloud, rain, lightning, thunder, snow, shower, storm, sun, weather, temperature, degree (度), minus(负), plus(正) windy cloudy rainy snowy sunny stormy foggy freezing(冰冻的)
2. 学习并掌握表示天气的句型： (1). --- What’s the weather like ? = How’s the weather? --- It’s windy/ cloudy/rainy/ snowy/ sunny/ foggy/ stormy… (2). --- What’s the temperature? --- It’s 15~25 degrees. 3. 怎样做天气预报？
rain wind cloud
lightning and thunder
shower storm rain wind cloud snow fog 雾
adj. stormy sunny rainy foggy windy cloudy snowy warm cool cold hot
多云的: cloudy 下雪的: snowy 晴朗的: sunny cool — warm 多雨的: rainy 有风的: windy 寒冷的: freezing cold — hot
What’s the weather like? = How’s the weather? It’s + adj.
What’s the weather like? = How’s the weather?
rainy It’s ______.
foggy It’s ______.
a heavy shower It’s _____________.
What’s the weather like? = How’s the weather?
snowy It’s ______.
cloudy It’s _______.
sunny It’s _______.
windy It’s _______.
may / might
表示“可能 ” (情态动词
It may / might be sunny/ cloudy/ windy…
Say what the weather may
in your town.
or might be like
tomorrow / next week / next month
It may / might snow tomorrow.
may / might 意为 “可能” . 是情态动词， 后直接动词原形。 may / might 没多大区别，形式上might是may的 过去式，但推测将来可能情况时，语气更不确 定，可能性更小。
sunny It might be ______ tomorrow.
There may be _____ on Monday. rain rainy It may be _____ on Monday. Tuesday There may be ______ on Tuesday. cloud
cloudy It may be ______ on Tuesday.
sunny It may be ______ on Wednesday.
Thursday windy It may be ______ on Thursday. There may be ______ on Thursday. wind
clear to overcast It may be _______________ (晴转多云) on Friday.
更详细一点来说表示天气的句型是什么？ 那就是用温度来表示。 temperature
℃? It is a unit for temperature (温度).
“℃” refers to degree, and centigrade. 度 摄氏温度
What’s the temperature?
It’s minus five degrees.
Can you read?
-7℃ ~ 2℃ between minus seven and plus two degrees minus seven to plus two degrees 5℃ ~ 8℃ five to eight degrees
What’s the temperature? It’s…
-7℃: minus seven degrees 1℃: one degree 5~ 8℃： between five and eight degrees
-1 ~14℃: minus one to plus fourteen degrees
10~ 21℃: betw
een ten and twenty one degrees
17~20℃ : between seventeen and twenty degrees
How can we know the weather?
We can know the weather through the weather forecast.
“the weather forecast” means “天气预报”
/ 'f?:kɑ:st /
Who makes the weather forecast? The weatherman makes the weather forecast. (天气预报员)
5℃～8℃ What will the weather be like tomorrow? ----It will be… What will the temperature be? ----It will be…
10℃～21℃ What will the weather be like tomorrow? ----It will be… What will the temperature be? ----It will be…
What will the weather be like tomorrow? ----It will be… What will the temperature be? ----It will be…
1. ---What’s the _________(天气) like today? ---It’s ________ (多云的). 2. --- What’s the ___________(温度)？ ---It’s 15~25 _______(度). 3. ---What _____ the weather ____(be) like tomorrow? ---It ______(可能) _______(下雪). 4. It’s a f______ day today. We can’t see the things clearly away from the distance(远处). 5. It will be a ______(sun) day tomorrow. Shall we go for a picnic in the field?
1. Key words : cloud shower snow storm cloudy rainy snowy windy might temperature degree skate thick ice joke although wet neither terrible wish probably come on 2. key structure: And it’s cloudy too, so it might snow. It’s probably sunny and hot there. 3. Ability: To understand conversation about weather. To talk about possibilities.
Words and expressions
/klaud/ /'?au?/ /sn?u/ /st?:m/ /'klaudi/ /reIni/ /'sn?ui/ /'s?ni/
雪 n.下雪 v. 暴风雨 n.
多雨的；下雨的 adj. 多雪的；下雪的 adj.
cloud shower snow storm cloudy rainy snowy sunny
/'wIndi/ /skeit/ /θIk / /aIs/ /d??uk/ /maIt/ /'maIn?s/
多风的；刮大风的 adj. 滑冰 v. 厚的 adj. 冰 n. 说玩笑；开玩笑 v. 笑话；玩笑 n. 可能；也许 v.aux.
windy skate thick ice
joke might temperature minus
/'temprIt?? / 温度 n.
degree /?:l'e / ?u 然而；尽管 conj. although /wet/ 下雨的；湿的 adj. wet /'naIe ?:'ni:e (某人或某事物)也不 adv. neither ?/
使人烦恼的；可怕的 adj.terrible 但愿；希望 v. 或许；可能 adv. 快点
cloudy -8~2o C
What’s the weather in Beijing? It’s… What’s the temperature? It’s…
1.Work in pairs. Talk about the weather. Use the words in the boxes to help you.
cloud rain shower snow storm sun wind
Cloudy rainy snowy sunny windy
2. Listen and check the correct information in the table.
√ √ √ √
3. Then correct the wrong information in the table.
√ √ √ √
Are you joking? Sounds great! Me neither. Come on!
Then listen and read.
Betty: Hey, boys! Tony: Hi,
Betty. Hi, Lingling. Where are you going? Betty: We’re going to the park to skate. There’s thick ice on the lake. Are you coming with us? Tony: Are you joking? It’s really cold today. 你在开玩笑吗？ Daming: And it’s cloudy too, so it might snow. Lingling: What’s the temperature? 温度是多少？ Tony: It’s between minus eight and minus two degrees! Winter is colder here than in England. -Daming: Is it snowy in England in December? 8 ℃~ -2 ℃的读法有两种：
between minus eight and minus two degrees 在-8 ℃到 -2 ℃之间 minus eight to minus two degrees -8 ℃到-2 ℃
“去溜冰” 动词不定式表 示目的
Tony: Not usually, although this year it snowed quite a lot. Most Decembers are wet and rainy. Daming: What’s the weather like in America in winter, Betty? Betty: We have cold winters and hot summers. It’s snowy in New York in winter. Tony: Sounds great! ！ It sounds greatI like sunny weather, and I like. snow as well. But I don’t like showers or windy weather. Betty: 我也不喜欢。 Rainy weather is terrible! I wish Me neither. I were in Australia now. It’s probably sunny and hot there.
Lingling: You can go to Hainan Island if you like sunny weather. Betty: One day I will. = I will go there one day. Lingling: Come on, better get going! We can skate in the park and get warm.
= we had better go！
e.g. ---Shall we play basketball this afternoon? ---Good idea! But I think you’d better do your homework first. There is little time left for the final exam. I think we had better study harder.
Now check (√) the true sentences. Betty and Daming 1 Tony and Lingling are going to skate. 2 Winter is colder in Beijing than in England. √ 3 It sometimes snows in England in winter. √ 4 It is not hot in the USA in Summer. 5 It usually snows in New York in winter. √ 6 Tony does not like windy weather. √
5 Complete the passage with the correct form of the words from the box.
dangerous degree joke may minus skate temperature
skate When it’s very cold it might be safe to (1)_______ on lakes, but be very careful! Although it may (2) _______feel cold, it might not be safe. The temperature minus (3) ___________ has to be at least (4) _______ one or degrees two (5) _______ or even lower for several weeks. And the ice will be thick enough. Falling through the ice joking is(6) _________.I am not (7) _______ ! dangerous at least 至少 thick enough 足够厚
2. 你在开玩笑吗？ Are you joking?
3. ---温度是多少？ What’s the __________? ---在-15~2 ℃之间。 It’s ______ minus fifteen ____ 4. 美国的冬天天气如何？
plus two degrees.
____ the weather in America in winter?
5. ---我不喜欢下雨天。 ---我也是。 I don’t like rainy weather.
on, better get going 快点，最好现在走。 better get going = had better go 如： We’d better get going. (=we’d better go now), or we’ll be late. 我们做好现在就走，不然要迟到了。 You ____ _____(最好) not go skating on the lake, or it will be __________(danger).
6 Listen to the speaker asking a question or showing surprise.
What’s the weather like?
What’s the weather like?
7 Listen and write * if the speaker is asking a question or ** if he is showing surprise. * 1 When is the best time to visit your country? * 2 What clothes should she bring? ** 3 What is the temperature? ** 4 Where are you going? Now listen again and repeat.
8 Work in pairs. Tell the story.
Make a weather forecast for different cities in China. Use the correct information in the table in Activity 2 to help you. Now say what the weather might or might not be like in your town. tomorrow next week next month
It’ll probably be cold tomorrow.
1. In summer it’s often ________(rain) in China. 2. It’s _____(wind) outside. it’s better to put on your coat. 3. Please take a raincoat with you. It’s ______(cloud) and it is going to ______(rain). 4. Most people like a ______ (snow) Christmas. 5. It’s clear in the sky. What a _____(sun) day. 6. The radio says there will be a _______ (阵雨) in the east of China. 7. Don’t ______ (开玩笑) ！ He is a very serious man. 8. There will be _________(暴风雨) in Hainan. I don’t like it. 9. The ______(温度) is very high outside. Please stay at home.
1. ---It was a _____ day yesterday, wasn’t it? ---Yes, it was. We went to the beach and enjoy the sun. A. cloudy B. snowy C. rainy D. sunny 2. The ice is thick enough. Let’s go _______. A. swimming B. shopping C. skating D. skiing 3. Look at the black _______ and it’s going to rain. A. snow B. cloud C. storm D. wind 4. “It’s a fine day” means “It’s _______.” A. snowy B. cloudy C. windy D. sunny 5. Don’t believe him. It’s only a ______. A. situation B. pain C. joke D. problem