1. 数词+单位+形容词) 表示身高、体重、长度、宽度、年龄等
动名词可以用作主语、表语、动词宾语、介词宾语等 3. They are from Shanghai. be from~ come from
4. I have a brother. His name is Willie. (合并)
5. I am keen on sports. be keen on ~ be fond of, be interested in, enjoy, like
6. 动词不定式作表语说明主语的内容 句子翻译
1. Jon 想成为May的笔友。
7. Simon每天步行上学。 （两种表达）
Choose the best answer
( )1. I have ____ good friend and he is ___ honest boy. A. a; a B. a; an C. an; an D. the; the
( )2. — ___ were you late this morning?—Because I missed the bus. A. What B. When C. Why D. Where
( )3. Our English teacher is very __ to us. We all like her very much. A. keen B. friendly C. happy D. serious
( )4. The letter is from a boy ____ Simon. A. calls B. calling C. call D. called
( )5. — ____ is it from our school to Shanghai Science and Technology Museum?
— About half an hour’s bus ride. Shall we go and visit it?
A. How long B. How often C. How soon D. How far
( )6. My penfriend ____baseball. I often play baseball with him.
A. is like B. is very friendly with C. works as D. is very keen on
( )7. Many students in our class ____ English songs.
A. enjoy listening B. enjoy to listen C. enjoy listens D. enjoy listening to
( )8. Everyone felt very ____ when they saw the ____ film.
A. exciting; boring B. excited; boring C. excited; interesting D. exciting; interesting
( )9. — I ____ to have a drink first. It’s so hot. — What about some juice？
A. would B. would like C. dream D. enjoy
( )10. — ____ will your mother come back? — She’ll come back in two hours.
A. How often B. How long C. How many D. How soon
( )11. Lucy can speak English, ____ she cannot write in it very well. A. but B. so C. and D. \
( )12. — ____ do you like Shanghai? — It’s a very beautiful and modern city.
A. What B. How C. How much D. What else
A. played ourselves B. drank ourselves C. had a good time D. looked after
( )14. — ____ one do you like better, the blue one or the red one? A. What B. That C. Who D. Which
( )15. — Could you pass today’s newspaper to me? — ____.
A. Thank you B. You’re welcome C. OK, here you are D. I can do it myself
( )16. Peter’s hobby is playing ____ badminton. He practises it twice a week. A. a B. an C. the D. /
( )17. Jane usually goes to see her grandfather ____ Saturday afternoon. A. in B. at C. from D. on
( )18. I am afraid we have to go to buy some bread. We have only ____ left.
A. little B. few C. a little D. a few
( )19. Johnson, could you tell us something ____ yourself first? A. to B. about C. with D. for
( )20. Dora’s job is ______ the visitors at the gate of the restaurant.
A. greet B. greeting C. to greet D. greeted
( )21. Your son doesn’t look ___. What’s the matter with him? A. sad B. well C. happily D. luckily
( )22. The gentleman, who is _____European, dropped _____ ‘m’ in his spelling.
A. a, a B. a, an C. an, an D. an, a
( )23. I can’t go to the concert with you ____ I have to finish the report tonight.
A. or B. while C. so D. because
( )24. Mary’s ambition is ____ around the world by boat. A. travels B. travel C. to travel D. to traveling
( )25. David likes sports. He enjoys ____ table tennis. A. play B. to play C. played D. playing
( )26. — __ did you meet your Physics teacher?— In the classroom. A. Where B. When C. Which D. Who
( )27. I hope Paul __ me his answer to that question in two days. A. gives B. gave C. will give D. to give Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms
1. Do you know the ______ of the book Gone with the Wind? (write)
2. If you don’t ____ a house, you can rent one. (owner) 3. Last night she finished her homework all by ____ (her).
4. Money doesn’t always bring ______. (happy) 5. No one knows the ______ of the tall tree. (high)
6. I’m the _____ of this new bicycle. (own) 7. I felt ______ to meet Frank in the street last night. (excite)
8. _______ was my favourite subject when I was in the secondary school. (physical)
9. The students will hold a party to celebrate their ______ birthday together. (fourteen)
10. If you want to be an accountant, you should always work very ______. (care)
11. Linda’s father works as a(n) ____ (engine) in a car factory.12. It’s time for party. Enjoy ______(you), children!
13. Although Lily and Lucy are twins, they have many different ______.(hobby)
Rewrite the sentences as required
1. We cleaned the classroom yesterday. (改为否定句)We ______ ______ the classroom yesterday.
2. There is little water in the bottle. (改为反意疑问句)There is little water in the bottle, ______ ______?
3. What does light look like? Could you tell me? (合并成一句) Could you tell me what light ______ ______?
4. Betty would like to eat some sea food. （改为一般疑问句）______ Betty ______ to eat some sea food?
5. The new school library is so nice. （改为反意疑问句）The new school library is so nice, _______ ______? 就划线部分提问)______ ______ shirts has your uncle bought?
7. My father goes to the office on foot every day. (保持原句意思) My father _____ _____ the office every day.
8. Mike gets a letter from his penfriend every week. (保持原句意思)Mike _____ ____ his penfriend every week.
9. Tom is studying at university. He wants to be a painter. (合并)Tom is studying ___ ___ a painter at university. Reading comprehension
International Pen Friends (IPF) allows students to learn about other countries and cultures at first hand by writing letters to someone of their own age. IPF is also a great way to learn a new language, or to make some friends.
International Pen Friends was founded in Dublin, Ireland on 7 April 1967. The aim of IPF is to give people of all ages from every country the opportunity（机会）to get pen friends and friendship through letter writing. IPF does not use the Internet to match pen friends. IPF wants to keep the art of letter writing alive and to use that form
of communication（交流） to encourage（鼓励） worldwide friendship. Since 1967, International Pen Friends has provided(提供) more than one and a half million people aged from 7 to 80 with pen friends.
It is possible to join IPF individually(单独地), with a friend or as part of a school class or youth group. The person who wants to be a member of IPF should provide his or her personal information such as the name, the age, the nationality and hobbies. Once the person becomes the member of IPF, his/her information will be given to other members of the club. This system enables（使能够） members to choose their pen friends by writing introductory（介绍的） letters to the people, and to receive surprise introductory letters from other members.
IPF’s magazine ‘People & Places’ is a fun and informative way to stay in touch with the penfriend world. The full-colour magazine includes the latest IPF news, penfriend stories, letter writing advice, travel articles, poems etc.
Choose the best answer
( )1. International Pen Friends is ____.
A. an international school B. a great way to learn a new language
C. a post office’s name D. an international meeting’s name
( )2. International Pen Friends was founded____.
A. in Dublin, Ireland B. in April 1976
C. by some students in a university D. by some teachers in a high school
( )3. Since 1967, more than ____ people have made friends with the help of IPF.
A. 1.5 million B. 15 million C. 15 thousand D. 150 thousand
( )4. ____ is necessary to be provided to IPF if you want to be a member of it.
A. Your photo B. Your friend’s name C. Your e-mail D. Your personal information
( )5. If you want to make friends with a member of IPF, you should ____.
A. invite him or her to your home first B. write an introductory letter to him or her first
C. visit him or her as soon as possible D. give him or her a surprise
( )6. People & Places is ____.
A. a poem world B. a storybook C. a full-colour magazine D. another name of IPF
Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words
The idea of pen friends has been around for years. You might have had a pen friend when you were at school. It is a popular thing for many young people and (1)s______ to do, and it has many benefits（好处）as well.
Having a penfriend is a great way to connect with others because a penfriend is a connection made
(2)b______ two people, usually from different countries.
People of all (3)a______ can take part in this activity. Even though we have so many other ways of communicating today, we can chat with others online. There is no doubt that receiving a letter in the post is something to look (4)f______ to.
Many people also (5)k______ the letters they receive from their pen pals for years and never throw them away. Those letters can provide a wonderful look into the past.
Some people would like to find a pen friend in another country. This is particularly popular among language students because it can help them to learn the language of the other person. For example, if you are learning to speak and write in German, you might want to find a German pen friend. Through (6)l______ you will not only find out more about each other, but you will also be learning about each other’s languages.
Different people have different ideas about (7)h______ a friendship between penfriends should develop. Some people never do more than simply write to each other. Others progress to making regular phone calls, while still more actually meet up at some point.