1. you will be s_________ at the result of the soccer game 2. To my s_______ , he still lived there with his parents
3. I invited him to my party , but he turned _______ my invitation 4. I am looking f__________ to the coming of the holiday
4. he wanted to give her some money , but she didn’t a__________ it
5. You can d_______ his name on the list if he doesnn’t want to go .
6. I received a letter from her last week = I ________ _______ her last week
8. what are you p_________ to do after school ? ---- I might watch TV 9．10．．W12．
1. __________________ today ? it’s Monday ,the 28th 2. ___________________________ today ? it’s Monday
3. __________________________ today ? It’s December 28th
用 other / another / the other / the others / others 填空
1. I have two brothers . one is a teacher . _______________ is a scientist 2.We should help ____________
3. He is taller than ____________ students in his class 4. some students are reading , __________ are doing their homework .
5. the cakes are delicious , May I have __________ one ? 6. In the class , Only one student is not here , ____________ are all reading
7.We need a_______ two students to help with the party preparations 8 ,what ________ things do you want to buy
1.Do you have next year’s c_________? 2.The editor(编辑) d__________ the last paragraph.
3.We gladly accept the i_________ to a party. 4.Many people took part in the o_______ of the new sports centre.
5.We took a t____ to the seaside. 6. Can you see the houses at the e_________ of the strreet .
7. Can you finish the jobs b______ Monday ? 8. Bad luck , I have no time __________________ (准备) for the exam 10 . Thanks for your i___________ = thank you for i________________ me
11. please r_________ to my e—mail as soon as possible 12. To my s_________ , he can’t come to the party = I was s___________ that he couldn’t come to the party .
13. Can he go to the movies tonight ? I’m not sure . He m____________have to look aftr his sister
14. Can you help with any of the party p__________ , such as buyng food and drinks
15. He left w__________ leaving a word 16. he didn’t tell others about it u________ he almost left the city
16. Do you have a room a_________ for me to live in 17.They are going to watch a movie _______ Friday night.
18. I got ________ invitation from Mary. She asked me to go to ____ concert with her.
19._________________? —It’s Thursday the 24th.
20.. The man is too old. He _______ look after himself and has to depend on his son. A. can B. can’t C. must D. mustn’t
21. —With ______ does he live? —He lives with his sister in a small house.
22. Waiter, this salad goes bad. Could you please give me ______ one?
23. What do you usually do on vacations, Cindy? —I usually go to _____ my grandparents. A. visit B. teach C. babysit D. call
24. I haven’t any work to do this weekend, so I have more ______ time to relax.
25. Thanks for s__________ me the CD. I like it very much.
26. My father is coming back on Wednesday.—Oh, today is Monday, so you can see your father ____ ______ ______ ______.
28. I always say "Hello" to my teachers _________ I meet them.
29. —Why can’t he play soccer this afternoon? —Because he ______________ a music lesson.
30 . I wrote a letter to her 2 days ago , but she still didn’t repy _______ me I didn’t like parties. There were many people at the party, but I knew ou dance so well. Can you teach me how to dance? "I others.
( )36. A. call B. letter C. e-mail D. invitation
( )37. A. and B. although C. so D. Because
( )38. A. few B. many C. some D. all
( )39. A. scary B. exciting C. funny D. boring
( )40. A. joined B. left C. asked D. Sent
( )41. A. look for B. look after C. look like D. look at
( )42. A. singing B. dancing C. talking D. Thinking
( )43. A. you B. him C. her D. them
( )44. A. great B. hard C. bad D. difficult
( )45. A. parks B. movies C. concerts D. parties
1. On Wednesday , I’m _________ tennis with the school team 2 A: Must I clean my room, mom?B: No, you ___________
1.Can you come to my home for dinner?—S_____ ,I’d love to 2) I’m ill ,so I have to see the d________
3)I have t_______ much homework to do this weekend. 4)Thanks for h___________ me with my English
5)We will have a picnic_______ Sunday morning
6.I’m too tired, so I _______ sit down and rest every five minutes A. must B. must to C. have D. have to
7)There’s going to be a guitar c_________ in our school next week.
3)There is_______ ice in the north of china in winter. A. too B. too many C. much too D. too much
5.Thanks for (invite)to go to the movies next week . 7They often invite (have) dinner on
weekends. 1.I’d like (have)a cup of tea. 2.Li Lei has a stomachache. He’s ill in hospital now. I’m sorry 3.For (3)He is trying ___________(go)out, please__________(help)him_____________(open)the door.
(5)Would you like ______________(come )to my office ____________(discuss)the report?
(6)Do you often practise ______________(play)soccer after school? (1)I have a piano l___________ on Wednesday afternoon.
(5)I have to b____________my younger sister when my parents are away.
(4)S________is the fist day of a week. (6)The studentsare studying for the English t____________.
(9)Hi, Can you play tennis w____________me? (10)Maybe you can come a__________time.
1.Will you please bring me some orange , Lucy ?-----___________.A All right B That’s right C That’s all right
3 Thanks a lot for in____________me ___________your house. day of a week .
5. What is Lisa doing?—I am not sure. M______ she is going shopping.
4. Jay Chou is a great singer. He is having a c______ in Shanghai. 2. This skirt is not nice. Please show me a__________.
2. What time do you usually get up on ___________(工作日)? 3. Are you _________(有空的) on Saturday evening?
7. He is going to the supermarket __________(buy) some milk.8. I finished _____________(write) the letter last night.
4. 我想让你照顾我的小狗。I want you ______ _________ __________ my little dog.
2. 你为何不加入我们一起玩游戏呢？Why don’t you _____________ _____ in the game?
1. Not all the animals sleep _____ night. 2. She went to the market _______ Sunday morning.
3. I’m free ______ 4 pm. You can come before 4 pm. 4. My sister goes to work ______ Monday ______ Friday.
5. I live _____ No. 247 London Road .
6. I’ll bring her to the party without telling her _____ ________ she will get a surprise
7. Our office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every w____________. It is not open on the weekend.
8.Sam, ____________?—Yes, Mum. Do you need my help?
A. what’s today B. what are you doing C. are you free now D. can you help me cook
9. He didn’t go to bed until he finished his homework= He _________ to bed __________ he finished his homework .
My husband (丈夫) had a hard life when he was young. He didn’t have a birthday party 36 I had the first one for him, on his 36th
birthday. He loved the chocolate cake our daughter made for 37 . He sees now that it’s 38 to have birthday parties —he can eat his favorite cake. When I was growing up (成长), 39 were usually family festivals, with cousins and a big cake. I 40 got a new skirt and new shoes. We ate many good things, watched movies and took a 41 in the back garden. Even (甚至) when I grew up and went to college (大学), and later 42 in another country, my parents and grandmother 43 celebrating (庆祝). They would buy a small cake, 44 me to sing the birthday song, and then eat the cake, hundreds of miles away. My daughter is seventeen now. We celebrate her birthday every 45 . I hope she is happy and knows that we love her.
( )36. A. because B. if C. until D. after ( )37. A. him B. them C. her D. me
( )38. A. bad B. easy C. good D. difficult ( )39. A. weekends B. weekdays C. classes D. birthdays
( )40. A. only B. always C. hardly D. never ( )41. A. lesson B. vacation C. walk D. shower
( )42. A. slept B. worked C. talked D. exercised ( )43. A. stopped B. forgot C. finished D. kept
( )44. A. call B. visit C. show D. leave ( )45. A. day B. week C. month D. year
4. She has to help her mother with the dinner.(改为否定句) She ______ ______ _______ help her mother with the dinner.
5.. Can you play chess with me? (作肯定回答) Sure, ______ ______ ______.
It took me about 2 months to plan my daughter’s birthday party. She was years old. I got many ideas from the Internet that I thought I could use for the party. I had sleepless (失眠的) because I wanted this to be the best birthday. I looked for a place
to have our party. Luckily (幸运地), I found Monte Verde Park. It is a very beautiful park. After booking (预订
gifts (礼物) for all the kids. We went to LA for good prices. I had 40 gifts in my room a month and I wanted to give them all away. I bought two beautiful skirts for my daughter. I also bought red cards at Tall Mouse. I then sent them to my daughter’s friends. I them to my daughter’s third birthday party on September 25 at 6:30 p.m. at Monte Verde Park. They could eat cakes and have a good time.
1. _________ 2. ___________ 3. __________ 4. __________ 5. __________
6. The writer spent ____________ planning her daughter’s birthday party.
7. The writer bought _________ gifts for her daughter’s friends and __________ for her daughter.
8. They would have the party on ____________ at 6:30 p.m. at __________.
9. Thanks for your _____________to visit next week. (invite) 11. I have a ____ _________busy week. (real)
10. 1. Do you want to come to my birthday party? =________you________ to come to my birthday party ?
3. I have too much homework to do this weekend. =________ ________too much homework________ ________to do this weekend.
It was Jimmy's birthday, and he was five years old. He got a lot of nice birthday presents from his family, and one of them was a beautiful drum(鼓). "Who gave him that thing?" Jimmy's father said when he saw it. "His grandfather did," answered Jimmy's mother.
Jimmy liked his drum very much. He made a terrible(可怕的) noise with it, but his father didn't mind(介意). He was working during the day and Jimmy was already in bed when he got home in the evening, so he couldn't hear the noise.
But one of the neighbors(邻居) didn't like the noise at all, so a few days later, she took a sharp(锋利的) knife and went to Jimmy's house while he was hitting his drum. She said to him, "Hello, Jimmy, there is something very nice inside your drum. Here is a knife. Open the drum and let's find it."
1. Jimmy got a lot of nice presents from his ________. A. classmates B. friends C. teachers D. family
2. Who gave Jimmy the drum?________. A. His father B. His mother C. His neighbor D. His grandfather
3. Why didn't Jimmy's father stop him from making noise with the drum? Because________.
A. he liked Jimmy very much B. he didn't hear it C. Jimmy was in bed D. Jimmy only played in the evening
4. One of the neighbors________.
A. liked Jimmy very much B. enjoyed listening to the sound of the drum
C. wanted to show Jimmy a sharp knife D. didn't like the noise at all
5. What did Jimmy's neighbor really want him to do? To________.
A. stop him making noises B. make a noise on his drum with a knife
C. show him how to hit the drum D. find something nice in his drum
3．I am going to ______ you on Sunday and go bike riding.
A．catch B．accept C．refuse D．delete
4．Do you know ______ I miss you? A．how many B．how much C．how long D．how far
5．Please reply to the invitation ______ by next Tuesday.
A．call B．in call C．in calling D．for calling
6．Joe______go to the doctor.His leg is broken. A．have to B．canC．has to D．may
7．—Sorry，but I have to look after my brother.—That's too______.Maybe______time.
A．bad；another B．bad；other C．good；another D．good；other
8．—Would you like to visit the museum?—______
A．Yes，please. B．Sure，I'd love to. C．Sorry，I wouldn't. D．Yes，I would.
9．Can you look at the ______ and tell me the activities?
A．menu B．calendar C．clock D．phone
10．Sorry，I'm busy today.I have ______ housework to do.
A．much too B．too much C．too many D．many too
12．Thanks a lot for______me______your house.
A．invite；for B．invite；to C．inviting；for D．inviting；to
13．—______I watch TV，Mum?—Sure，but you______finish your homework first.
A．Must；needn't B．Can；may C．Can；must D．May；mustn't
14．The students are very ______ at the ______ news.
A．surprised；surprising B．surprising；surprised C．surprised；surprised D．surprising；surprising
15．—My mother is ill.I have to look after her at home.—______.
A．Thank you B．Oh，I don't know C．Bad luck D．I'm sorry to hear that ，when you arrive，，or the pictures in the room.But don't ask how
In this way，together.
16．A.that B．then C．than D．more than
17．A.what B．where C．who D．if
18．A.don't like B．unlike C．like D．doesn't like
19．A.asked B．are asked C．are asking D．were asked
20．A.arrive at B．get to C．arrive D．arrive in
21．A.takes B．to take C．taking D．to lend
22．A.polite B．worried C．sad D．afraid
23．A.or B．and C．but D．so
24．A.spend B．cost C．takes D．pay
25．A.both B．neither C．all D．none
In Canada and the United States，people enjoy entertaining(请客)at home.They often invite friends over for a meal，a party，or just for a coffee and conversation.
Here are the kinds of things people say when they invite someone to their home：
“Would you like to come over for dinner Saturday night？”
“Hey，we're having a party on Friday.Can you come？”
To reply to an invitation，either say thank you and accept，or say you're sorry，and give an excuse：
“Thanks，I'd love to.What time would you like me to come？”or “Oh，sorry，I've tickets for a movie.”
Sometimes，however，people use expressions that sound like invitations but which are not real invitations.For example： “Please come over for a drink sometime.”
“Why not get together for a party sometime？” “Why don't you come over and see us sometime soon？”
They are really just polite ways of ending a conversation.They are not real invitations because they don't mention a specific(确定的)time or date.They just show that the person is trying to be friendly.To reply to expressions like these，people just say “Sure，that would be great！”or “OK，yes，thanks.”
So next time when you hear what sounds like an invitation，listen carefully：Is it a real invitation or is the person just being friendly?
26．Why do Canadians and Americans often invite friends for meals at home? A．Because they can save time.B．Because they can spend less money.
C．Because they enjoy entertaining at home. D．Because they have modern and beautiful house.
27．Which of the following is a real invitation?
A．“If you are free，let's go for a dinner sometime.” B．“Please go to the cinema with me someday.”
C．“Would you like to have a cup of tea with us sometime？” D．“I've two tickets here.Can you go to the movie with me？”
28．If people say “Let's get together for lunch some day.”，you just say “______”
A．That would be nice. B．How about this weekend?
C．Oh，sorry.I'm very busy.D．That's great.I'll be there on time.
29．People use “an unreal invitation” in order to(为了)show that ______.
A．they're trying to be friendly B．they're trying to be helpful
C．they're trying to make friends with others D．they haven't got ready for a party yet
30．The passage is mainly about______.
A．entertainment at home B．real invitations or not
C．expressions of starting a conversation D．ways of ending a conversation
1．He would love____________(have)a cup of tea. 2. he is leaving soon ________ (go) back to his hometown
3. I have a great idea about how _____________ (do ) that
4. he is old enough to look after himself = he is _____ old that he can _________ ______ ______ himself
5 He turned up the radio _______ everyone could hear the news clearly
A. in order to B. so that C. to make D. because
6. Next time you come here , please b__________ your friends 7 .I am s_______ that my favorite teacher is leaving
8 . he decided to catch up with other students , and finally he m_________ it . 9. song for us? 10.Your _______(prepare)was very good for our opening.