Rainy days makes me sad.
? Section A
How do you feel about these following pictures?
happy, beautiful, excited, awful, sad, tense, relaxed, comfortble, uncomfortable, scared
It makes me uncomfortable.
It makes me sleepy .
It makes me excited .
It makes me relaxed.
1a.Look at the two restaurant below. Which would you like to go to? Why?
1b. Listen. What do Amy and Tina think of the two restaurants.
The Rockin’ Restaurant The awful pictures sad make Amy____. The Blue Lagoon The soft music makes relaxed Amy_______.
The loud music makes The soft music makes tense sleepy Amy_______. Tina ______.
What is your opinions on the restaurant?
Me too! Loud music makes me tense.
I’d rather go to the Blue Lagoon Restaurant because I like to listen to quiet music while I’m eating.
2a. Listen and number the pictures.
2b. Listen again. Check the things that Tina and John said.
____Waiting for her made angry. ∨ ∨ ____ She said that loud music made her tense. ____ Loud music makes me happy. ____ Loud music always makes me want to dance. ∨ ____ It was so sad it made us cry. ∨ ∨ ____ Sad movies don’t make me cry. They just make me want to leave. ____ It made me sad.
Did you have fun with Amy last night? Well…yes and no. She was really late.
3a. Read this article, then answer the questions.
1.What does the color red make most people feel ?
The color red makes people hungry and eat faster.
2. Why do so many fast food restaurants paint their walls red, play loud music, and have hard seats?
Because this restaurants want to make customers eat faster and leave.
3. Do you think it’s fair that some restaurants are designed to be uncomfortable?
Yes, I think so.
Read again. Get more information and fill in the chart.
Some things make people Red color Soft colors Music (loud ) want to leave ____ Seats (hard) want to eat quickly and leave ___
hungry relaxed eat faster look good ____ look bad
A: The seats are very hard. The white walls make me stressed. B: Is it this classroom? A: No, it isn’t. B: Is it a hospital? A: Yes, that’s right.
4. How do you feel about these things?
It makes me angry.
heavy traffic It makes me uncomfortable.
loud music It makes me tense.
endangered animal: It makes me upset .
It makes me annoyed.
people who keep you waiting
It makes me anxious.
1. Rainy days make me sad. 雨天让我感到悲伤。 (1) rainy adj. 多雨的 e.g. the rainy season 雨季 2) rain n. 雨 e.g. The crops need rain. (3) rain v. 下雨 e.g. It began to rain hard. 开始下大雨了。
2. I’d rather go to the Blue Lagoon Restaurant because I like to listen to quiet music while I’m eating. 我宁愿去蓝湖餐厅, 因为我吃饭时喜欢听轻柔的音乐。 (1) rather 原意为相当,为副词 e.g. It’s rather cold today. 今天相当冷。 (2) rather
常与would连用,意为“宁可,宁愿, 还是… 好些”。 would rather do sth 宁愿做某事 would rather do…than do ….宁愿做…而不愿做… prefer to do …rather than do…比起做…更喜欢做.. prefer doing…to doing….
e.g. I'd rather play tennis than swim.
3. They also have to know how to make money. 他们还必须知道如何赚钱。 know how to do 其中的不定式带有疑问词。 know what to do 知道做什么。 这一句式可以改为复合句： They also have to know how they can make money. e.g. Please tell me when we should leave.
=Please tell me when to leave.
4. Soft colors like pink and light blue make people relaxed, so they spend more time
eating their meals.
(1) light blue 浅蓝色
adj. 浅色的 adj. 颜色深的, 浓重的
e.g. light green curtains 浅绿色的窗帘 e.g. The sky was deep blue. 天空是深蓝色的。
(2) spend time (in) doing sth. 花时间做某事 spend money on sth. 花钱在…方面。 e.g.他们在服装上花了许多钱。 They spent a lot of money on clothes.
We spent a pleasant hour or two talking with our friends.
5. It makes me want to join a clean-up campaign. 这让我想加入一次清扫大运动。
(1)join加入军队, 政党, 组织等, 成为其中一员;
加入某人 (2) take part in “参加……”, take an active part in积极参加。 e.g. Do you take an active part in sports?
e.g. The next year he joined the union.（工会;联盟）
Grammer focus: make的用法
1. (1) make+n.
e.g. make food
make the bed 铺床
make money 赚钱 make tea, make (a) noise,
make friends ,make dinner,
make money, make a mistake/ mistakes, make sure(确保), make progress, make a face/ faces, Make sure to get there on time.
e.g. The party made her a good teacher. ②形容词作make的宾语补足语。 e.g. Soccer makes me crazy. The soft music makes Tina sleepy. Loud music makes them energetic. Waiting for her made me angry.
happy，pleased，surprised，angry， annoyed，sad，upset(心烦意乱的)， relaxed，stressed out，tense，calm， scared，comfortable，sick …
3. make sb. / sth. + do …使某人做某事 (不能带不定式符号to) e.g. Wars make the peace go away. The color red makes people want to eat faster.
e.g. We were made to work all night.
I was made to repeat the story.
People who won’t should be made to
4. make it 习惯用语, 及时赶到, 到达目的地 e.g. I just made it to my class. (=arrived in time) I’m sorry I missed your concert，but I was out of town and couldn’t make it. 很遗憾错过你的音乐会,但我当时不在 而且不能及时赶回来。
be made of和be made from都表示“由……制成”， 主语为制成品。
1.be made of 表示制成成品后，仍可看出原材料是什么， 保留原材料的质和形状，制作过程仅发生物理变化。如： The kite is made of paper．风筝是用纸做的。 The chair is made of wood. 椅子是由木头制成的 2.be made from 表示制成的东西完全失去了原材料的外 形或特征，或原材料在制作过程中发生化学变化，在成 品中已无法辨认。如：
The paper is made from wood．纸是木头做的。
Make sentences with “make...”.
The snow makes the backyard white.
The war makes the boys frightened.
The two dogs
1. Here are some things they have learned from scientific __________ (scientist ) studies. keeping 2. Sunglasses are used for ________ (keep) out the sun. confused 3. The students are ___________ (confuse) about the confusing ___________ (confuse) problem. studying 4. I’m considering __________ (study) in Beijing. embarrassed 5. I felt ______________ (embarrass) when everyone looked at me.
Ⅱ.Choose the best answer.
B ( ) 1. Loud music may make people ____ fast. A. to eat B. eat C. eated D. eats A ) 2. I want ____ whether he’s all right. ( A. to know B. know C. knowing D. Knows B ( ) 3. The children were made ____ homework first. A. do B. to do C. did D. doing
(C)4. Don’t worry about her, Madam. Your daughter is ____ danger now. A. in B. out C. out of D. at (A) 5. Loud music makes me ____. So I feel very happy. A. energetic B. stressed out C. energy D. stress out (B ) 6. I can’t wait ____ the present box. A. open B. to open C. opening D. opened
Write a short passage talking about feelings when receiving a gift. (1) What was the gift? (2) Who gave it to you and why? (3) How did you feel when you opened it? …