Can you play soccer tomorrow afternoon?
Sure. I’d love to.
I’m afraid not. I have the flu.
Can Kate go fishing tomorrow morning?
No, she can’t. She must prepare for the math exam.
Can Linda hang out on Saturday afternoon?
No, she’s not available. She has to help her mom.
Can Nick and Peter go hiking tomorrow?
No, they are not free. They might have to visit their grandparents.
根据课本内容，完成下列句子。 1. 星期六你能来我的聚会吗？ Can ____ you come to my party on Saturday? _____ 2. 当然，我乐意去。Sure. ____ ____ ___. I’d love to 3. 对不起，我必须为数学考试而学习。 must study for Sorry, I _____ ______ ____ a math test. 4. 明天晚上你能去看电影吗？ Can you ____ to the movies __________ go ____ tomorrow night?
5. 当然可以，听起来很棒。 _____, that _______ _____. Sure sounds great 6. 恐怕不行，我得了流感。 afraid flu I’m ______ not. I have the ____. 7. 他能去聚会吗？ ____ he ___ to the party? Can go 8. 不能。他得帮助他的父母。 No, he _____. He _____ to help his parents. can’t has 9. 她能参加棒球比赛吗？ ____ she go to the baseball ______? Can game
10. 不，她没有空。她必须去看医生。 No, she’s ____ _________. She ______ not available must ___ to the _______. go doctor 11. 他们能去看电影吗？ ____ they ____ to the _______? Can go movies 12. 不，他们没有空。他们可能必须去见朋 友。 free might have No, they’re not ____. They _____ _____ ___ meet their ________. to friends
can 用于表示“________”，如： 能，会 汤姆会骑马。___________________ Tom can ride a horse. Can you…? 表达 “____________”， 邀请或建议 答语：同意用 Sure, I’d love to. _________________ 不同意用 Sorry, I can’t. I … __________________________ __________________________ 或 I’m afraid not. I have to … 如：恐怕不行，我要去探望我的姑姑。 I’m afraid not. I have to visit my aunt. __________________________________
1. invite v. invitation
邀请 n. 邀请
e.g. I’d like to invite you to dinner. 我想邀请你吃晚饭。
2. accept v. 接受
e.g. They didn’t accept his money. 他们没有接受他的钱。
3. refuse v. 拒绝 e.g. The girl refused his invitation. 女孩拒绝了他的邀请。
Complete the answers with might 3a and one of the phrases in the box.
watch TV, on the weekend, my cousin, visit my grandparents, practice the violin
1. A: What are you going to do on Saturday? watch TV B: I’m not sure. I might __________. 2. A: What are you planning to do after school? B: I don’t know. I might practice the violin ______________________.
3. A: When will you finish the science homework? I might finish it on the weekend B: ______________________________. 4. A: Who are you going to the movies with? B: __________________________. I might go with my cousin 5. A: Are you free to come to my place on Saturday? B: Sorr
y. I might visit my grandparents ________________________________.
Complete the sentences below. Use 3b the words in brackets to help you. 1. Inviting: ____________________________ (can/play tennis) Accepting: ________________________ 2. Inviting: _____________________________ (would like to/go to the movies) Refusing: _____________________ Reasons: ____________________________ (might have to)
3. Inviting: ___________________________ (can/hang out with us tonight) Refusing: __________________________ Reason: _____________________ (must) 4. Inviting: ___________________________ __________________________ (would like to / come to my birthday party) Accepting: _________________________
拒绝邀请应给出理由。 2. 按提示词，用Can you…?或Would you like …? 加上所做事项来询问。如果是拒 绝邀请，可以想一个适当理由来说明。
1. Can you play tennis with us? Sure. I’d love to. 2. Would you like to go to the movies? I’m afraid I can’t. I might have to prepare for the math exam. 3. Can you hang out with us tonight? Sorry. I can’t. I must help my mom at home. 4. Would you like to come to my birthday party?
Write down everything you have to do next week. Choose a day and time to have a party. Then invite classmates to your party.
Invite your classmates to your party. See if they are available. Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon? Sure. I’d love to.
I’m sorry. I must practice the violin on Saturday afternoon.
I’m afraid not. I have the flu.
A: Hey, Bob. 1. ___________ B: I’m sorry. I have to help my parents. A: 2. ________. How about you, Ling Ling? Can you come to my party? L: 3. _________ A: On Saturday afternoon. L: Oh, no, I can’t. 4. ____________ A: That’s too bad. 5. _____________. L: Sure! Thanks for asking.
A. That’s too bad.
B. Can you come to my party? C. Are you going shopping with me? D. Maybe another time. E. I have to study for a test. F. When is it? G. I’d love to.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3. ____ 4. _____ 5. _____ B A F E D
你的朋友邀请你去看电影，请 根据在3c中所填写的信息编写 一个与你朋友的对话。 A: Can you go to the movie on Saturday evening?
B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to …