Module 5 Museums
Unit 1 You mustn’t touch it.
Lead in Match the pictures with the phrases.
Now work in pairs. Tell your partner the rules. You are not allowed to take photographs. You are not allowed to touch it. You are not allowed to go in.
You are not allowed to shout.
Presentation Listen and underline the correct word in each sentence.
1. They’re looking forward to / paying attention to
2. The museum is very familiar / strange to Betty’s
3. Betty is going with her friends / on her own to the
4. Daming’s homework / classwork is to write a report
/composition about their favourite museum.
5. Two of Betty’s friends are planning a visit as well /alone.
Listen and read. Make notes about what people cannot do in the
No shouting. 1 ____________________________ No photography. 2 ____________________________ 3 You can’t touch the sculpture and other things _____________________________________________ (things on display). __________________ No entry to upstairs. 4 ___________________
Choose the best answer. 1. They can’t go to the Science and Technology room because ____. a) it’s closed now
b) they’re shouting
c) they have to go home
2. The Natural History room is _____. a) also open now
b) also closed now
c) upstairs as well
3. They think Daming is _____.
a) in the shop b) alone somewhere in the museum c) looking at sculptures
4. Tony isn’t allowed to _____.
a) take photos or touch the sculpture
b) look at the sculpture or the sign
c) pay attention to the guard
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words and phrases in the box.
against the rules
pay attention to
1. You aren’t allowed to take photos. against the rules It’s_________________. 2. The shop is___________ and the Technology room downstairs upstairs is _________. Hurry up 3. __________. We haven’t got much time before it closes.
4. I didn’t know it wasn’t allowed. I didn’t
pay attention signs ____________ ______ the_______. to
5. It wasn’t a(n) _____ sculpture. It was only Daming! real 6. I don’t know where Daming is. I hope he________ will ___________ soon. come back
Listen and repeat. Make sure you use the correct stress for the underlined words.
1. NO shouting! It’s against the rules. 2. Don’t touch! You mustn’t touch it. 3. No, you can’t take a photo, either. Look at the sign—“No photography”.
Tell your partner about the rules for museums or libraries.
In a library, you should be quiet.
No shouting in the library.
1. You aren’t allowed to go into that room.
No entry to that room. 2. You can’t take food and drink into the library. No food and drink is to be taken into the library.
3. You can’t use your camera in the museum.
No photography in the museum.
4. In a museum, you shouldn’t put your hands on the
No touching the paint
Word and expressions entry n. 1. 进入,入场;参赛,参加[(+into)] He supported that country’s entry into the European Common Market. 他支持那个国家加入欧洲共同市场。 2. 进入权[U] The people without a ticket are denied entry. 没有票的人不许入内。
familiar adj. 1.众所周知的;熟悉的;常见的;普通的
Your face seems familiar.
你看上去很面熟。 2. (某人)熟悉(某事)的,通晓??的 [(+with)] I am of course familiar with your work. 我当然熟悉你的工作。
attention n. 1. 注意;注意力;专心
Let me have your attention!
请注意听我讲话! 2. 照顾;治疗 She gave her aging parents much attention. 她悉心照料年迈的双亲。
Henry lived upstairs.
亨利住在楼上。 She ran upstairs.
2. n. 楼上
They had to rent out the upstairs to make mortgage
The house has no upstairs.
guard n. 1. 哨兵;卫兵;警备员;看守员 A guard was placed at the door. 门口设了一个警卫。 2. 护卫队 A heavy guard remained around the building.
as well 也,又;同样地;还不如 I’m coming to London and my sister’s coming as well.
I.用方框中的短语的适当形式填空 look forward to , pay attention to
on one’s own , as well , hang on a minute , What’s the matter , go off, kind of
1.My parents will come to see me.
looking forward to I’m__________________ meeting them.I miss them very much. 2.—___________________with you?—My bike is What’s the matter broken. on your own 3.—Will you go swimming_____________? —No.Daming，Tony and I will go together.
pay attention to 4.You must_______________the spelling in your writing.
5.They have been to Shanghai and they’ve been to Beijing________. as well
go off 6.—When will they_________? —In a couple of days. 7.It’s________cold today.You must put on your kind of warm clothes. Hang on a minute 8.____________________!I’ll be back in a minute.
1.No sleeping (sleep) is allowed in our class.
2.They allowed you to go (go)into this room.
3.Betty is going on her (she)own to the museum.
4. Don’t touch (not touch)!You mustn’t put your
5.You can go to another bookshop,because this one is
Homework Let’s design and draw some signs for our school, then tell us what your sign means.
An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. 一日之计在于晨。