Unit 2 I used to be afraid of the dark.
1.used to do sth. 过去常常做某事 否定形式： didn’t use to do sth. 问句形式是did you use to…?
如：He____ ____ _______ ________ after school. 放学后他过去常常踢足球。
Did he use to play football? Yes, I did. No, I didn’t.
He ____ ______ _____ ________. 他过去不吸烟。
区别be used to (doing ) sth 习惯于...
They___ _____ ____ _____ ____ _____ in English class . 他们习惯于在英语课上多谈论。
2. Don’t you remember me? 难道你不记得我了吗？
（2.）要注意该句型的肯定和否定回答，在翻译的时候和汉语不同,要依据事实状态。例如： Haven’t you ever been to Beijing? 难道你没有去过北京吗？
－ 不，我去过。 － 是的，我没有去过。
1. He used to ______ in the sun, but now he is used to ______ at night.
A. read; read B. reading; read C. read; reading D. reading; reading
2. ______ study in No.4 Middle School?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to C. Do you used to D. Do you use to
3. He used to play football at school.（改为否定句）
He ______ ______ to play football at school.
4. We used to play chess after school.（ 改为一般疑问句）
______ you ______ to play chess after school?
5. He used to read aloud in class. ______ ______? （改为反意疑问句）
6. Haven’t you seen the film? －_______. I saw it last week.
A. Yes, I have B. No, I haven’t. C. Yes, I haven’t D. No, I have
预习作业：背诵书本P11 的Grammar Focus, 并将它们翻译成中文。
1. 过去经常 2. 在游泳队里 3. 过去弹钢琴
4. 留卷头发 5. 过去很矮
单词：1. airplane 飞机 2. terrify 使害怕
词组：1. be terrified of sth. 对。。恐惧，如：I am terrified of the dark.
be afraid of +doing害怕。。I was afraid of _______ ________.(孤独)
be afraid to do.. 不敢做。。。 She is afraid _____ ______ ______ at night.(不敢晚上出去) be afraid that ... 恐怕... ______ ______ _______ she can’t come .
I’m afraid so.恐怕如此 /I’m afraid not.恐怕不是。
---Do you think it will rain tomorrow? ----___________. The radio says it will sunny.
其反义词off. with the light on 灯开着
1. _____________怕黑 2. _____________开着灯睡觉
3_____________独处 4 . ____________坐飞机
1. I am ___________ of spiders.
A. terrify B. terror C. terrifying D. terrified
2. He is afraid of ___________ strangers.
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. seen
3. I used to have short hair but now I have _____ hair.
A. curly B. long C. straight D. yellow
4. Don’t ___________ about things so much. It will make you stressed out.
A. afraid B. terrify C. terrified D. worry
5. I used to be shy. I couldn’t ___________________.
A．alone B. speak in front of a large group C. say anything D.try
6. It _________ that Yu Mei has changed a lot.
A. seem B. seems C. look D seemed
通过预习我最大的收获___________________________________________________________________________ 觉得自己还有待加强的是 Section B 1a- selfcheck
1.单词：1. insect 昆虫 2. candy 糖果 3. chew 咀嚼 4. gum 口香糖 预习作业：请填充完整并熟记以下单词，并默写一遍。
1. 一直 2. 曾是足球队队员 3. 画画 是
4. 走到学校 5. 担心考试 6. 嚼口香糖
7.多的时间 8.笔直回家 9. 和。。。。聊天
预习作业： spend 动词，表示“某人花费金钱、时间”，句型：
①sb spend…on sth. 某人在某事上花费（金钱、时间）
pay for 某人花费金钱，句型：sb pay +钱+for sth
take “花费”时间 句型：It take sb. 时间 to do sth.
cost 什么东西花费某人多少钱，句型sth cost sb +钱
如：He ______too much time on clothes. 他花费太多的时间在衣着
I _____ ____ _______a lot of time ________ ______with my friends.
1.He ______ 3 months building the bridge.他花费了三个月去建这座桥。
I＿＿＿＿＿ 10 yuan for the book. 我花了10元买这本书。
It ______ me a day to read the book.
2. Dixi spent three years ____ English before he went to Canada to study.
A. learns B. to learn C. learning D. learned
3.She spent two hours finishing her homework last night.
It____ her two hours____ ____ her homework last night.
(2) worry about sb./ sth. 担心某人/某事 worry 是动词
be worried about sb./sth. 担心某人/某事 worried 是形容词
如：_____ ＿＿＿＿ ＿＿＿＿ him. 不用担心他。
Mother ______ _______ ______her son. 妈妈担心他的儿子。
(3)in the last few years在过去几年中, 用于现在完成时态
My life _____________(change) a lot in the last few years.
spend change chat have have
My biggest problem is that I _______ (be) too busy. My life __________ a lot in the last few years. When I ______ (be) young, I used ______ so much time, but these days I get up early and _______ (stay) in school all day. Then I _______ (go) right home and eat dinner. Before I ______ (start) high school, I used _______ a lot of time _______ (play) games with my friends, but I just __________ (not have) the time anymore. In the evening, I used to watch TV or _________ with my grandmother, but now I have _________ (study). I ________ (love) music, and my father _______ (use) to take me to concerts. These days, I hardly ever _______ time for concerts. I do my homework and ________ (go) to bed. I really _______ (miss) the old days.
Task1: I can translate: 细读课文，理解并翻译全文。
单词：1. death 死亡 2. cause 造成 3. patient 有耐心的 4. exactly 恰恰 5. attention 注意
短语：1. in the end 最后 2. make a decision 下决心
3. to one’s surprise 令某人惊奇的是--- 4. even though 即使
5. no longer 不再 6. take pride in 对---感到自豪
7. pay attention to 对----注意，留心 8. give up 放弃
1. 能够支付做…的钱_______________ 2. 付款_______________________
3. 尽快_____________________ 4. 遇到麻烦___________________
5. 下决心___________________ 6. 使某人吃惊的是_____________
7. 尽管_____________________ 8. 注意_______________________
9. 放弃做…_________________ 10. 改变主意__________________
1. 支付不起… can’t /couldn’t afford to do sth. can’t / couldn’t afford sth.
如：I can’t/couldn’t afford to buy the car.
I can’t/couldn’t afford the car. 我买不起这个辆小车。
2. as + 形容词./副词＋as sb. could/can 尽某人的…能力 如：
His mother looked after him as well as she could. 他妈妈力所能及地照顾好他。
Zhou runs as fast as her could/can. 她尽她最快的能力去跑。
3. to one’s surprise 令某人惊讶 如：to their surprise 令他们惊讶 to LiLei’s surprise令李雷惊讶
in surprise 惊奇地 He looked at me in surprise.
be surprised 感到惊奇 He was surprised to see him coming back.
take pride in sth. 以…而自豪=be proud of 如：His father always take pride in him.
4. give up doing sth. 放弃做某事 如：My father has given up ________. 我爸爸已经放弃吸烟了。 吸烟对你的健康有害，所以你必须戒烟。
误：Smoking is bad for your health, so you must give up it.
正：Smoking is bad for your health, so you must give it up.
1. I feel it hard to keep up with my classmates. But whenever I want to________, my teacher always encourages me to work harder.
A. go on B. give up C. run away D. give back
2. It’s time for class. Please stop________ and listen to the teacher.
A. talking B. saying C. to talk D. to say
3. We often spend two hours ______ our homework every.
A. do B doing C. did D. to do
4. Great changes ________ in China in the past few years.
A. took place B. have taken place C. happen D. take place
5. What you said just now made me ______ angry.
A. feeling B. to feel C. feel D. are
Task1: 速读文章完成3a and 3b
1.一个十五岁的男孩 ； 一个为期两周的假期
6.She also told me even though my father was no longer with us, he was watching me, and would always take pride in everything good I do.
pay for fifteen-year-old much more to his surprise got into trouble with best use to used to give up as well as how much no longer
Martin Murray is a ________ boy. He used to be a “problem child”, but a recent conversation with his mother changed his life. He didn’t ________ give his mother many problems. However, after his father’s death a few years ago, Martin’s life became ________ difficult. His mother couldn’t afford to ________ her child’s education. To do this, she had to work, and so was often not at home.
His mother looked after him ________ she could. Unfortunately, Martin still caused problems for himself and his family. He was not interested in studying and often ________ the police. Luckily, his mother was very patient and didn’t ________ trying to help him. In the end, she made a difficult decision: to send him to a boys’ boarding school. Martin hated it and ________ cause a lot of trouble. One day, he told his teacher he wanted to leave the school. Even the teacher agreed that Martin was wasting his time.
The head teacher said it was necessary for Martin to talk with his mother. Martin called his mother, but ________, this phone call changed his life. “It was exactly what I needed,” he said. “My mother helped me to understand ________ she had given me. She also told me that even though my father was ________ with us, he was watching me and would always take pride in everything good I do. That’s when I decided to change. I realize that since my father died, I have been afraid of being alone, and have tried to make my mother pay more attention to me.”
Now Martin has really changed. He has been working hard and is now one of the ________ students in his class. How was he able to change? His mother’s love helped him to feel good about himself, and as Martin himself says, “It’s very important for parents to be there for their children.”
After his father’s death a few years ago, Martin’s life became much more difficult.
After his father______ a few years ago, Martin’s life became much more difficult.
It’s very important for parents to be there for their children.
4.Which is the closest meaning to the word “exactly”?
A.正确地 B.公正地 C. 的确地 D.务必
5. What happened to Martin after his father’s death?
A. He couldn’t go to school.
B. He often got into trouble with the police.
C. His mother gave up trying to help him
D. The teacher didn’t agree Martin was wasting his time.
6. What does Martin need most from his mother?
7..Suppose you were Martin, what would you like to say to your mother?
___________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________ __________ ____________________ 学习反思