To do that sort of thing is foolish。 主语
动 词 不 定 式
I want to see you this evening.
All you have to do is to finish it quickly. 表语
We found a house to live in. 定语
She came here to study English. I warned the patient not to eat cold water after the operation. 状语
To master a foreign language is really important nowadays.
To give up smoking is right.
1. Fred 没有钱，所以他决定找一份工作。
Fred didn’t have any money, so he decided to look for a job.
He promised not to tell anyone about it.
My job is to teach English.
To see is to believe.
Do you have anything to say?
Betty was the first to know the truth
He spoke loudly (so as / in order) to be heard. 目的状语. They jumped with joy to hear the news. 原因状语. I’m too tired to walk any further tonight. 结果状语
She asked me to stay there. 2.请允许我介绍Mr. White给你们。
Please allow me to introduce Mr. White to you.
（一感）hear,listen to（二听）make, have, let（三让） see, watch, notice, observe（四看）. I heard them sing a pop song . The teacher made me answer the question. We watched them play football .
My father decided not to take up the job.
The teacher told us not to be late again.
Mr.Lin will teach us how to use the computer.
Can you tell me where to get the book?
动词不定式常常省去to 后面的动词， 只保留to 。
A:Would you like to come to my party? B: Yes , I’d love to ( come to your party). Mary想用我的自行车，但我叫她别用。
Mary wanted to use my bike, but I asked her not to ( use my bike).
㈠. 一般式( to do ).
不定式的一般式所 表示的动作（状态） 同时（或几乎同时） 发生，或之后发生。
1. I opened the door to enter the room.
2. Mr. Smith is going to attend the meeting to be held tomorrow.
㈡.进行式( to be doing)
如果谓语表示的动作 （情况）发生时，不 定式所表示的动作正 在进行。
1. I am very glad to be working with you. 2. He is said to be coming.
㈢.完成式（to have done)
如果谓语表示 的动作发生在 不定式之前。
1. I am sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
2. You seemed to have read the novel written by Mr. Smith.
㈠.主动式( to do / to be doing /to have done)
当不定式逻辑上的主语是不定式所表示的 动作的执行者时. 1. We want to learn English well. 2.Robert is said____abroad, but I didn’t know what country he studied in.(NMET99)
A. to have studied
D. to make
㈡.被动式( to be done / to have been done)
1. He didn’t like to be laughed at. 2. He claimed ____in the supper market when he was doing shopping yesterday.（上海98）
A. being badly treated
C. to be treated badly
D. to have been badly treated.
1. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier
________ it more difficult. (MET99)
A. not make
C. not making
B. not to make
D. do not make
2. I’ve worked with children before, so I know what ______ in my new job. (NMET2000) A. expected C. to be expecting B. to expect D. expects
3. Charles Babbage is generally considered _____the first computer. (MET1998) A. to invent B. inventing
C. to have invented
C. having invented
4. Allen had to call a taxi because the box was _______ to carry all the way home. (MET2003)
A. much too heavy
C. heavy too much
B. too much heavy
D. too heavy much
5. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle
in the street, but his mother told him ______. (NMET95)
A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to
6. Little Jim should love _____ to the theatre this evening. (MET 97) A.to be taken B. to take
B. C. being taken
7.There are five pairs ___,but I’m at a loss which to buy.(1999上海高考) A. to be chosen B. to choose from
C. to choose
D. for choosing
8. ________late in the afternoon, Bob turned off the alarm. (2001年北京春季高考)
A. To sleep C. Sleep
B. Sleeping D. Having sleep
9. With a lot of difficult problems ________,the
newly-elected president is having a hard time.
D. being settled
10. She will tell us why she feels so strongly that
each of us has a role_____in making the earth a better place to live. (2003上海春季高考)
A.to have played
C. to be played
B. to play D. to be playing
11. In order to gain a bigger share in the
international market, many state run companies are trying ______their products more competitive. ( 2002上海春季高考)
A.to make C. to have made
B. making D.having made
12. The teacher asked us_______so much noise. (2003北京春季高考)
A.don't make B. not make
C. not making
D. not to make
1. —The light in the office is still on. ---Oh, I forgot .
A. turning it off C.. having turned it off
B. turn it off D. to turn it off
2. She can’t help ______ the house because she’s busy making a cake. A. to clean C. Cleaned B. cleaning D. being c leaned in public.
3. Not everybody has the ability A. of speak C. spoken
B. speaking D. to speak
4. Mary is always the first student teacher’s questions in class. A. rising C.
to answer the
B. to rise D. risen
5.— Mum ,why do you always ask me to eat an egg every day?
--- __enough protein and nutrition as you are growing up.
A. Get getting B. Getting C. To get D. To be
6.—Would you be so kind
us out? ---With pleasure.
B. in helping
D. as to help
7. Wet umbrellas are not allowed
according to the rule.
A. to be taken B. to take
into this hotel D. taking
8. Robert is said _______ abroad, but I didn’t know what country he studied in.
A to have studied B to study
C to be studying
D to have been studying
9. In Australia he made a lot of friends practical knowledge of English. A. get B. getting C. to get
____a very D. got
10. The patient was warmed _______ oily food after the operation. A. to eat not C. not to eat B. eating not D. not eating
11. We agreed ___ here, but so far she hasn’t turned out yet.
A. having met
C. to meet
D. to have met
12. Paul doesn’t have to be made ________. He always works hard.
A. learn C. learned B. to learn D. learning