1. Write down these phrases. prepare for … 1) 为??做准备 ______________
2) 得了流感 _____________ have the flu
3) 去见朋友 ________________ meet the friends
4) 当然，我愿意去 Sure. I’d love to. _______________
5) 太多作业 ___________________ too much homework
6. 对不起，我没空。 Sorry. I’m not available. ______________________
not … until 7. 直到??才 _____________ hang out 8. 泡在某处 ___________
9. accept反义词 ________ refuse
2. Make an invitation to your friends. — hang out, tonight; — study for a math test — play tennis; — not free, go to the doctor — come to my party; — I love to. 1) — Can you hang out with us tonight? — Sorry. I must study for a math test.
2. — Can you play tennis with us? — I’m not free. I must go to the doctor. 3. — Can you come to my party today? — Sure. I’d love to.
1. — What day is it today? — It’s Tuesday. 2. — What day was it yesterday? — It was Monday. 3. — What day is it tomorrow? — It’s Wednesday. 4. — What day is it the day after tomorrow? — It’s Thursday.
— What’s the date today?
— It’s October the 19th.
1. — What was the date yesterday?
— It was October the 18th.
2. — What’s the date tomorrow?
— It’s October the 20th.
3. — What’s the date the day after tomorrow?
— It’s October the 21th.
1b Write the words below the correct dates.
Sunday the _____ 17th Monday the _____ 18th weekday Tuesday Wednesday the _____ the _____ 19th 20th today weekday tomorrow weekday
the day before yesterday tomorrow
Thursday Friday the _____ the ______ 21st 22nd the day after weekday tomorrow weekday
Saturday the ______ 23rd weekend
A: What’s today? B: It’s Tuesday, the 19th. A: What was yesterday? B: It was … A: What’s tomorrow? B: It’s … A: What’s the day after tomorrow? B: It’s …
1. the day before yesterday 前天 e.g. He arrived in New York the day before yesterday. 他前天到达了纽约。 2. the day after tomorrow 后天 e.g. I'll leave Beijing the day after tomorrow. 我将于后天离开北京。
3. weekday n. 工作日 e.g. He is always busy on weekdays. 他在工作日总是很忙。 4. look after v. 照顾；照料 e.g. She must look after her sister at home. 她必须在家里照顾她妹妹。
Listen. Can Vince play tennis with Andy? Circle Yes or No.
Listen again. Match Vince’s 1e activities with the days in 1d.
Vince’s activities ____ play soccer b a ____ go to the doctor ____ study for a test a b ____ have a piano lesson ____ look after his c sister Days a. today b. tomorrow c. the day after tomorrow
Fill in the blanks according to 1d.
Vince ______ play tennis with Andy. He can’t _____ go to the doctor and study for a test has to today. __________, he __________ soccer. has to play Tomorrow After that, he has a piano ______. And he is lesson going _____ to babysit his sister ______________
_______. the day after tomorrow
He is really _____ this week. busy
Andy invite Vince to play tennis. Hi, Vince. Can you play tennis with me?
Sorry, I can’t. I …
Make a list of the kinds of 2a parties people have. birthday party, Singing party Dancing party English party Ice-cream party housewarming
1. invitation n. 邀请；请柬 preparation n. 准备；准备工作
动词+ ion (后缀)→invitation 动词+ ion (后缀)→ preparation e.g. She didn’t accept my invitation. 她没有接受我的邀请。 He didn’t do any preparation for this exam, so he failed. 他考试前没做任何准备，所以不及格。
2. reply v. 回答；答复
e.g. They replied my letter three days ago. 三天前他们回复了我的信。 3. print v. 打印；印刷 e.g. Can you print this for me? 你能给我印出这个来吗？
4. delete v. 删除
e.g. Please delete my names from your list.
请把我的名字从你的清单中删除。 5. turn down 拒绝 e.g. Why did she turn down your
6. forward v. 转寄；发送 adv. 向前；前进 e.g. You can forward e-mail to someone else. 你可以将电子寄件转发给别人。 She stepped forward in order to see clearly. 她向前走了一步以便能看得更清楚。
7. sad adj. (令人)悲哀的； (令人)难过的 e.g. She was very sad when her cat died.
她的猫死后，她很悲伤。 8. glad adj. 高兴；愿意 e.g. I am glad that you can come. 你能来我很高兴。
9. goodbye interj. & n. 再见 e.g. She said goodbye and walked away. 她说了再见就走了。
10. take a trip
e.g. I’d like to take a trip to England. 我想去英国旅行。
11. glue n. 胶水 e.g. The glue doesn’t work well. 这胶水不粘了。
12. without prep. 没有；不（做某事）
e.g. A life without a friend is a life without
13. surprised adj. 惊奇的；感觉意外的 动词surprise + ed → surprised 惊奇的
e.g. He was surprised to find
nobody was at home.
14. look forward to 盼望；期待
look forward to + V–ing 形式
e.g. We look forward to seeing you again. 我们盼望再次见到你。
15. hear from 接到（某人的信，电话等） e.g. I hear from my cousin every two months. 我每两个月就会收到我表哥的来信。
Skim the messages below. Why did the people write them? Match the reason with each message.
Message 1: ________________________ accept an invitation
turn down an invitation Message 2: ________________________
Message 3: ________________________ make an invitation
Read the messages again and answer the questions.
1. What kind of party is it? ____________________________ 2. Who is the party for? _____________________________ 3. When is the party? _____________________________
4. Who did David invite to the party? _______________________________ 5. What can peo
ple do at the party? _______________________________
指导： ? 通读这三段信息，可知将David为Ms. Steen的离去举办一个聚会。第三条是聚会的 具体情况。第一、二条是He Wei和Jake的回 复。 ? 第三条是David对同学们所发的邀请，包 括对聚会的准备情况。因此，回答问题应主 要根据第三条的内容来回答。 ? 在理解五个问题的基础上，重点在第三条 内容中寻找。
答案： 1. It’s a saying goodbye party.
2. It’s for Ms. Steen. 3. It’s on next Friday, the 28th. 4. All the classmates.
5. People can say ―Thank you and goodbye‖ to Ms. Steen; They can also play games, eat things.
so that 与 so…that辨析
【辨析】 so that 意为“以便于；以至于”后常跟 目的状语从句，从句中常用can，could。 so … that意为“如此??以至于”， that 后为结果状语从句。
e.g. Tell me her address so that I can find her. 告诉我她的地址，以便于我找到她。 The box is so heavy that I can’t carry it. 这箱子太重了，我搬不动它。
Complete the invitation with words and
phrases from the messages on Page 69.
We are planning a housewarming _______ at our new house this Saturday. Can you _________? Our house is at 2 London Road. We are serving ______ and ____________ from 7:30 p.m. Please __________ your friends and family. A party is more __________ with more people! Please let us _________ by Wednesday ______ you can come to the party. Hope you can make it!
指导： ? 通读全文可知，短文是邀请朋友来参 加聚会。 ? 首先，通读本段文字，掌握大意。重 点把握有空格句子的意思，分析空格 处的意思。 ? 然后，根据记忆用2b短文中的词汇来 填空，补全这篇短文。
1. party; 句意“我们计划本周六在我们的 新房子里举办一次聚会”，可知本空格处 为party一词。 2. come; 这是表示邀请的说话“你能来吗?‖
3. food; drinks。由空格前serving一词可知 句意为“我们从七点半开始提供食物和饮 料”。
4. bring; 空格后为名词“朋友及家人” ， 可推知，空格处意为“带……来”。
5. surprised; 由空格前的is及more可知空格 处应为一多音节的形容词，推测句意为 “一个有更多人的聚会才会更另人惊奇。 6. know, if。句意“如果你能来参加聚会， 请于周三前让我们知道”。
Imagine one of your favorite teachers is leaving. Plan a party for him/her. Answer the questions with a partner.
1. Why is he/she one of the favorite teacher.
__________________________________ Because she’s really good with us.
2. What do you want to say to her? __________________________________ I want to say “Thank you and goodbye” __________________________________ to her.
3. When is the best time to have the party? I think Saturday afternoon is the best time. ________________________
____________ 4. Where can you have the party? _____________________________________ We can have the party in the classroom. 5. What kind of food will there be? Some fruits, cakes, candies and hamburgers. _____________________________________ 6. What kind of drinks would you like to serve? Cola, Spring, tea and water. ____________________________________
7. Who will come to the party? All the students in our class. ________________________________ 8. What activities will there be at the party? Singing, dancing, playing the guitar, ________________________________ playing the violin, cross talking… ________________________________ 9. How can you make the party a surprise for your teacher? ________________________________ We are going to bring her to the party ________________________________ without telling her.
1. Read the passage after class. 2. Write your own sentences with the phrases below. 1. bring … to … 3. think of 5. so that 7. surprised 2. take a trip 4. without doing … 6. look forward to 8. hear from
Let’s review the phrases. 1. 后天 _______________________ the day after tomorrow 2. 前天 _______________________ the day before yesterday 4. 照看；照顾 look after __________ take a trip 5. 去旅行 ___________________
6. 带??去?? ________________ bring … to …
7. 乐意做某事 be glad to do sth. ________________
8. 以便于；以至于 _____________ so that
9. 盼望；期待 _________________ look forward to …
Fill in the blanks with the right words. Ms. Steen is a fun teacher. She’s going back to the US soon. So, all the students are very ____. sad To show how much they’re going to ____ miss her, David wants to have a _______ ____ surprise party for her next Friday the 28th. He needs prepare some students to help him ________ the party.
He Wei really likes Ms. Steen a lot because she helped her to ________improve her English so much. She can help buy food and _______. She can also help to ______ Ms. Steen to drinks bring the party ________ telling her. Jake would without love to come to the party. But he’s not _________, because his family is _______ available taking a trip to Wuhan at the _____ of this month to visit his aunt and end
uncle. However, he’s still be _______ glad to help out with any of the party ___________. All the students are preparations looking ________ to this great party. forward
What kind of party is it?
It’s an opening of a new hospital.
1. opening n. 开幕式；落成典礼
动词 open + ing → opening e.g. My father has to go to the opening of a new theater tomorrow. 我爸爸明天必须去参加一个 剧院的落成典礼。
2. concert n. 音乐会；演奏会 e.g. I got a ticket to the pop concert. 我得到了一张流行音乐会的票。 3. daytime n. 白天；日间 e.g. I can’t sleep in the daytime. 我白天睡不着觉。
4. headmaster n. 校长 e.g. We would write a letter to the headmaster. 我们将写封信给校长。 5.
event n. 大事；公开活动；比赛项目
e.g. The flower show is a yearly event in our city. 我们市的花展一年一次。
6. guest n. 客人；宾客 e.g. We must prepare a room for our guest. 我们必须为客人准备一个房间。
7. calendar n. 日历；日程表 e.g. Is there a calendar here? 这里有日历吗？
Read the invitation and answer the questions. 1. Who is making the invitation? _____________________________ 2. What is the invitation for? _____________________________ 3. When will the event happen? _____________________________
4. What will happen after this? _____________________________ 5. Do parents have to bring anything? _____________________________ 6. How should people reply to this invitation, and when? _____________________________
首先，浏览一下邀请信，了解邀请信的 目的及大意。 其次，读后面的问题，明确其意思。 然后，带着问题，细读邀请信，在信中 找出回答该问题的依据，并作出相应的回答。 最后，再通读一遍短文，检查所回答问 题的正确性。
答案解析： 1. Larry Smith; 由邀请信的结尾处的署名 可知是“Larry Smith, Headmaster” 。
2. It’s for the opening of the new library at No. 9 High School. 由邀请信的第一句可知。
3. It will be on the morning of Wednesday, January 8th at 9:00. 由邀请信的第二句可知。
4. They can enjoy the school concert. 由邀 请信的第三句可知。
5. Yes. They should bring one book as a gift for the new library. 由邀请信的倒数 第二句话，可知答案。 6. They should reply in writing to this invitation by Friday. 由邀请信的最后一 句可知答案。
Write an invitation to a party or any other event. Reply to your partner’s invitation. If you turn down the invitation, give a good reason.
Include the following information ? kind of party or event ? when and where it will be ? if guests should bring anything ? if guests should reply to the invitation ? when and how guests should reply
Use the following words and phrases: would like to, will be, after this, please, reply ___________________________________
? 本题要求学生们写作两个小作文，一个是 写一个邀请他人参加某聚会或活动的信函； 另一个是答复你伙伴的邀请信。 ? 首先，认真阅读邀请信所包含的内容：聚 会或活动的类型；举办的时间与地点；客人 的着装；客人是否须带东西；客人是否须答 复此信；何时及如何答复此信。 ? 参照3a写一个包含上述内容的邀请信，注 意运用右栏中的提示词语。
One possible version:
Dear parents, ___________________________________ I’d like to invite you to the opening _________
__________________________ ceremony for the new students at No. 10 ___________________________________ Middle School. The opening will be on ___________________________________ the morning of Wednesday, September ___________________________________ 4th at 8:00. After this, you can visit our ___________________________________ school. Please dress smartly. I would also ___________________________________ like to invite each parent to think of some ___________________________________ words to encourage your child to study ___________________________________
___________________________________ hard at school. Please reply in e-mail to ___________________________________ this invitation by Monday, September, ___________________________________ 2nd. Our e-mail address is __________________________________ Number10MS@sina. com. I look __________________________________ forward to hearing from you all. ___________________________________ Huang Zongsheng __________________________________ Headmaster
One possible version:
Dear Headmaster: ___________________________________ Thanks so much for inviting. I’d love to ___________________________________ go to the opening ceremony, but I’m not ___________________________________ available. I have an important meeting in __________________________________ Beijing this weekend. I’ll think of some ___________________________________ words and give them to my child. Then, ___________________________________ I’ll visit the school another time next week. ___________________________________ Li Ming’s father. __________________________
Student A, look at your calendar on the right. Student B, look at yours on Page 81. Find a time when you can both go shopping.
Can you go shopping with me next week?
Sure. I’d love to. When?
Well, what are you going to do on Monday evening?
I must study for the English test. What about Tuesday evening?
1. Fill in the blanks in the conversation.
A: Hi, Peter. 1.____ you come to my party 2. _____ the weekend? B: Sure, 3.______ love to. A: How about 4. ______, Jenny? C: I’m afraid I 5. _____. I 6. ______ to look after my little cousin. A: 7._____ you come, Jeff? D: I 8.______ be able to, but I’m not sure. 9. _____ let you know tomorrow.
1. Can; 2. on; 句意“你好，彼特。你在周末 能来参加我的聚会吗？” 第一空用情态动词 can表达请求；第二空后有时间the weekend, 故用介词on来表示这一具体时间。 3. I’d; 由后面的love to，可知。本句是表达 同意，故用I’d love to 一句来表达。
4. you；由空格后的人名“Jenny”，可知 本句意为“你呢，詹妮？”，故填you一词。
5. can’t; 由空格前I’m afraid“我恐怕” ， 可知空格处应表“不能”，故填can’t一词。 6. have; 分析本句主、谓、宾具全，且空格 后有to一词。故空格处应为have to“必须”。
7. Can；本句为邀请Jeff参加。故用情态动 词can。 8
. might；由下一句“但不太确定”，可知 空格处意为“有可能”，故用情态动词 might来表达“可能”之意。 9. I’ll; 句意“明天我会通知你” 。
2. You get these invitations but can’t go. Write a refusal and a reason.
1. Invitation: ―Can you come to my party on Saturday?‖ Reply: ________________________ 2. Invitation: ―Let’s go to the movies tomorrow night.‖ Reply: ________________________
3. Invitation: ―Let’s go to the concert tomorrow night.‖ Reply: ________________________
4. Invitation: ―Do you want to go shopping with me next week?‖ Reply: ________________________ 5. Invitation: ―Can you play soccer with me after school today?‖ Reply: ________________________
1. I’m afraid I can’t. I have to prepare for the math exam. 2. Sorry, I can’t. I have to look after my sister at home. 3. I’d love to. But I’m not available. I’ll visit my grandparents with my family.
4. I’m afraid not. I have to go to the dentist. 5. Sorry, I can’t. I have to practice violin.
opening 1. I’m very busy, I can’t go to the ________ (落成典礼) of the new library. 2. I get his _________ (邀请) but I can’t go. invitation 3. I have too ______ (多) homework to do. much 4. Mr. King sometimes goes to the _______ concert (音乐会).
1. 背诵3a中的短文。 2. 整理一下自己课堂上所写的 邀请信及答复信，进行修 改，然后写在作业本上。