1. 不定冠词a , an
（2）a 用在辅音音素前，an用在元音音素前。如：a book , an apple, a useful book , an hour。
1. 指人或事物的某一种类，a 或an不必翻译。
如：A horse is an useful animal.马是一种有用的动物。
A steel worker makes steel.钢铁工人生产钢铁。
2. 表示“一”这个数量，但数的概念没有one强烈。如：I have a book. She is a student.
如：There is a dog under the tree. Be sure to bring me a dictionary.
4. 用在一些固定词组中，如：a lot of , a few, a little, have a look, give a lesson等。
1. 特指某（些）人或某（些）事物。如：The boy in blue is my brother.
2. 指谈话双方都知道的人或事物。如：Look at the picture on the wall.
3. 重复上文提到的人或事物。如：I have a cat.The cat is white.
4. 表示世界上独一无二的事物或方位名词前。如：the world, the earth, the east, the west , the right, the left。
例：The sun is bigger than the moon.
如：It’s the first lesson of this new term. This is the most interesting book of the three.
6. 用在由普通名词构成的专有名词前，如：the Great Wall , the Summer Palace,the People’s Republic of China。
7. 用在江、河、湖、海等地理专有名词前，如：the Yellow River, the Red Sea.
8. 用在姓氏的复数形式前，表示全家人或这一姓的夫妇二人。如：The Greens are very friendly.
9. 用在乐器名词前，如：play the guitar , play the violin。
10. 和某些形容词连用，表示一类人或事物。如：the rich , the poor, the young, the old, the deaf。
11. 用在一些固定词组中，如：in the morning/afternoon, in the end, by the way, the same as。
1. 在专有名词、物质名词和抽象名词前一般不加冠词。如：Tian’anmen Square, Tom, China, Wuhan,paper,peace。
3. 家庭成员的名称、称呼语或只有一个人担任的职务的名词前不用冠词。如：mum, father。
4. 表示一类人或事物的复数名词前不用冠词。如：I like potatoes. We are all students.
5. 名词前如有物主代词、指示代词、不定代词或名词所有格修饰时，不用冠词。 如：his bag, Mike’s school, that dog, some balls。
6. 泛指人类时。如：Man can’t live without air.
7. 用在固定词组中，如：go to school, by bus, at night, in fact。
在有些词组中，有无冠词时含义不同。如：in front of在??前面 in the front of在??前部 at table就餐 at the table（坐）在桌边 go to school 去上学 go to the school去这个学校 in hospital住院 in the hospital在医院（工作或看病等）
in prison（犯人）在狱中 in the prison在监狱中（工作或临时看望犯人，办事等）
（ ）1.She is ______ girl. She is ______ English girl.
A. a …a B. an…a C. a …an D. a …/
（ ）2.Tom is ______English. He is ______English boy.
A. an…an B. /…an C./…/ D. a …a
（ ）3.______ live in Room 208.
A. The Green B. Green C. The Greens D. Greens
（ ）4.January is ______ first month of the year.
A. a B. / C. an D. the
（ ）5.We should think of ______ old and ______ sick.
A. a…a B. an…a C. the …the D./…/
（ ）6.______ number of the students in our class is 52.
Ａ A B. An C. The D. /
（ ）7. She can play _____piano , but she can’t play ______ football.
A. the…the B. the …/ C. /…the D. a …a
（ ）8.There is ______ “s” in the word “six” and ______ “s”is the first letter of the word.
A. a …the B.a …an C. an…the D. a …a
（ ）9.A horse is _____ useful animal.
A. an B. a C. the D. this
（ ）10. He has already worked for ______ hour.
A. an B. a C. the D. three
（ ）11.Lucy wants to become _______.
A. some teacher B. a teacher C. teacher D. teachers
（ ）12.Hainan is ______ island,isn’t it ?
A. the B. one C. a D. an
（ ）13.What do you usually do after_______?
A. the class B.class C. the classes D. a class
（ ）14.I’ll have to buy ______ trousers.
A. a B.two C. a pair of D. pair
（ ）15.I’ve thrown my old shoes away.I’ll have to buy _______.
A. a new pair B. a new one C. some new D. some new pair
（ ）16.My uncle told me he was going to visit______.
A. the United State B. the United States C. United States D. United State （ ）17.Who are those boys?One is my brother and _______.
A.the big boy is Mike B. a big boy is Mike
C. the big boy is a Peter D. a big boy is a Peter
（ ）18.You will find _____ girl in black. She is ______ teacher.
A. a , the B. the , a C. a , a D. the , the
（ ）19.______ birds can fly very high in ______ sky.
A. The , the B. The , a C. An , the D. A , the （ ）20.I’m not looking at _______.
A. sun B. sky C. the sun D. some sky （ ）21.We are going to have an exam_______.
A.in the class B. in a class C. at the class D. in class （ ）22.There’s ______ apple tree behind ______ house.
A. an, the B. a ,a C. an , a D. the , the （ ）23.We can see the sun in ______ daytime, but we can’t see it at _____ night.
A. a , the B. the, / C. a ,/ D. an , /
（ ）24.I saw ______ old man walking across the street and ______ old man looked worried.
A. an, an B. the , the C. an ,the D. the , an （ ）25.______ tallest building in the town is ______ Bank of China.
A. The , the B. A, a C. The, a D. A , the （ ）26. －Excuse me,can you tell me the way to ______ Xinhua Bookstore?
-- Go along this road, and then turn to _____ right at _____ first crossing, at _____ end of the street, you can find it .
A. the, a , the , the , the B. a , the , the , a , the C. the , the, the, a , the D. the , the , the, the , the
（ ）27.－Why not take _____ friend with you?—That’s ______ good idea.
A. a , the B. the , the C. a ,a D.the , a
（ ）28.English is _____ language. It is ______ important tool.
A. a , a B. a , an C. the , an D. a ,/
（ ）29.Lucy takes ______ walk after supper every day.
A. the B. a C. / D. an
（ ）30. Paper is made of _______wood.
A. a B.the C. / D.that
（ ）31._____ February is the second month of the year.
A. The B. A C. / D.that
（ ）32.We have no classes on _______ Sundays.
A. the B. a C. an D. /
（ ）33. I studied ______ English in ______England.
A. /, / B. an , the C. an ,an D. / , the
（ ）34. We go to school by ______bus.
A. / B. a C. the D. an
（ ）35.These boys play______ football after class.
A. a B. the C.an D. /
（ ）36.There is ______ bridge over the river.____bridge is made of stone.
A. a , a B. a , the C. the , the D. the , a （ ）37. Sunday is ______ first day of the week.
A. the B./ C. a D. an
（ ）38. _____ Greens are having breakfast at seven this morning.
A. A B. An C. / D. The
（ ）39.She is one of ______ most popular teachers in this school. Every student loves her.
A. a B. the C. an D./
（ ）40. There is ______ 800-metre-long bridge over the river.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
（ ）41.______ number of the students are playing ______ baketball on the playground.
A. A, a B. The ,the C. The , a D. A, /
（ ）42.They often take a walk in _____ Bei Hai Park.
A. the B. a C. / D. this
（ ）43. The old man was ill in _____ hospital.
A. the B. / C. a D. an
（ ）44. There is ______ no book on the desk.
A. the B. a C. an D. /
（ ）45.Beijing is ______ capital of _____ People’s Republic of ______ China.
A. a , the , the B. the , the ,/ C. the , the , the D. the , a, the
（ ）46. He is _____ cleverest boy in our school.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
（ ）47. She often spends much______ time reading.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
（ ）48. Boys likes to go _____ boating.
A. a B. an C. / D. the
（ ）49. He has _____ great deal of interest in ______ English.
A. a, an B. the , the C. a , / D. a , the
（ ）50. Lily has ______ high fever and his mother is looking after her.
A. a B. the C. an D. /
1. Thomas Edison was one of ______ greatest inventors in ______ world.
2. Man is ______ only animal that can talk,
3. Is this house _____ older of the two?
4. ______ earth moves around ______ sun.
5. I live in _____ northeast of China.
6. There are sixty minutes in ______ hour.
7. ______ honest boy is Jim, ______friend of mine.
8. Children usually go to ______school at ______ age of seven/
9. Here is _______ useful book to read.
10. Would you like ______ rice or _____ bread for your breakfast?
11. ______ poor are always happier than ______ rich.
12. They have _____ son and _____ daughter. _____ son is a doctor and _____ daughter is a teacher.
13. _______ orange is orange.
14. He watched the student from______ head to _____ foot.
15. What______ interesting book it is!
16. ______ clouds over______ sea were lovely yesterday.
17. There is _______ little milk in the fridge .I’ll go and buy some.