Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?
Go for it J9
1.掌握Unit11的重点词组和句型 2.掌握问路与指路的交际用语 3.掌握含有宾语从句的间接问句
restroom 1.公共厕所__________ magic 2.魔术__________
fresh 3. 新鲜的__________ uncrowded 4.不拥挤的__________ borrow 5.借进__________ lend 6.借出__________ 7.药店 drugstore
park 8.停车__________ direct 9.直接的__________
order 10.命令__________ wonder 11.觉得奇怪__________ lead 12.引导__________ trouble 13.（使）烦恼__________
1. I am looking for a d__________ to rugstore buy some medicine. 2. ---Shall we go out to the countryside for some f_________ resh air? ---OK. Let’s go.
3. ---What about something to drink? ---Good idea! Let’s find a c______ to afe have some coffee.
4. Thank you for lending _______(借) me so much money. 5. _________(停车) is now Parking becoming more difficult in the crowded city. 6. Don’t fight in the classroom. Tell him in a _________(直接 direct 的) way.
7.A soldier`s duty is to obey the order _____ (命令）. 8.I wonder （想知道） if Mr. _____ Green will go swimming with us tomorrow. 9.Might I _____ (麻烦）you to trouble give me a ride to the station?
Task 1 打电话 make a telephone call (to sb ) 得到有关某事的情况 get sth about sth 存钱 save money take 乘扶梯上二楼。 the elevator to the second floor 路过 go past 走出前门 go out the front door exchange money 换钱 在第二楼 on the second floor
Task 1 决定做某事 decide to do sth 更喜欢在外面 prefer being outside There 总有某些事情发生 is always something happening free concerts 免费音乐会 观看人也很有趣的。It’s fun to watch people 有点小 kind of small =a little small 向左 /右 turn left / right 某人做某事的好地方 a great place for sb to do sth 休假 take/ have a vacation= go on / spend holiday 打扮成小丑 dress up as clowns 上舞蹈课 take dance lessons
spend happy hours walking through the museum 发现邮票很迷人find stamps fascinating
在城镇 in town 在乡下 in the country 把东西放在安全地方 put sth in a safe place 把那笔借给我 lend me the pen= lend the pen to me 如何有礼貌地询问信息how to ask for information politely 听起来粗鲁/不文明 Sound rude (adj) 用正确的语言很重要 It is important to use correct languages 需要学如何才是礼貌 need to learn how to be polite
change the way we speak
决定于和谁说话 在某些情况下 in some situations 一个直接的命令 a direct order make mistakes 好像,例如 花费时间引出一个问题 spend time leading in to a question ----我想知道是否--- I wonder if / what 对不起麻烦你 I’m sorry to trouble you 为
了不得罪人 in order not to offend people
depend on whom you are talking to
? 1.你能告诉我休息室在哪么？ ? Could you please tell me where the are _____ restrooms _____? ______ ? 2.我想知道我该怎么办？ ? I wonder what ______ should ______ _____ I _____. do ? 3.总是有某些事情在发生。 something happening ? There`s always ______ ________.
汉语翻译成英语。 ? ---请问去书店怎么走。---乘电梯到二楼，然 后右转。 ? ---Excuse me, could you please tell me how to get ______ ______ _____ to the bookstore? Take ? ---Sure. _______ the elevator to the second ______ floor and turn right. ? 2． 劳驾，你知道附近是否有一个吃饭的地 方吗？ if ? Excuse me. Do you know______ is ______ ______ a place _______ to there _______around here? eat
习俗很重要。 order not offend In _______ _______ to ______ important people, it is ________ to learn the
culture of the west countries.
4．第一个句子比第二个句子听起来更显 礼貌。 more The first sentence sounds _______ than _______ _______ the second one. polite
Choose the right answers
A 1.--Could you tell me how long __ the book? --Three days. A. I can keep B. Can I borrow C. I can borrow D. Can I keep B 2. I want to know ___ yesterday? A. why did you come late B. why you came late C. why do you come late. D. why you come late
A ? 3.--Could you tell me __ tomorrow morning? ? --Well, it will start at 9:00. ? ? A. when the meeting will start B. where will the meeting start ? C. where the meeting start ? D. when will the meeting start
4. Can you tell me C ? A. what will we do B. we will do what C. what we will do D. will we do what 5.—Do you know ___ for Shanghai last C night? --- At 9:00. A.what time he leaves B.What time does he leave C. What time he left D. What time did he leave
I want to know what colour you like.
2.你能告诉我你住哪里吗？ Can you tell me where you live?
Mary wants to know if you can help her.
宾语从句的简化 ? Could you tell me how I can get to the station? Could you tell me how to get to the station?
当主句谓语动词可接动词不定式，且主语或 宾语与从句的主语一致时，从句可简化为 “疑问词+动词不定式短语”结构。
? I don`t know what I should do?
I don`t know what to do?
? Could you tell me how I can do it？
Could you tell me how to do it?
notice 等， 可简化为“动词+宾语+不带to 的动 词不定式/动词 ing/动词 ed（作宾 补）” 的结构。 ? I found that a girl was running in the morning. I found a girl running in the morning. ?= ? They noticed that the ground was covered with ground covered They noticed the snow. ? = with snow.
I saw that a gi
rl was singing in the clssroom. = I saw a girl singing in the classroom.
I heard that a girl is named Lily. = I heard a girl named Lily.
I. 单项选择 1---______, could you tell me where the nearest post office is? B B straight along here and it is on the corner. You can’t --- Sure. Go miss it. A. Sorry B. Excuse me C. Please D. Hello 2. It is really relaxing to ______ outside after dinner with the A family. A. hang out B. be hanged out C. hung out D. hang 3. ---Could you please tell me ______? C ---Take the escalator to the second foor. A. where is the drugstore B. where can I find the drugstore A C. where there is a drugstore D. how get to the drugstore 4. He asked me ______ there is a mall near here and I said yes. A A. if B. that C. where D. when 5. My mom is a wonderful _____.The food she cooks tastes A ______. A. cook, good B. cooker, delicious C. cook, well D. chef, nicely
6. I treated my friends at Shipu Grand Restaurant, ______the food was both cheap and delicious. C A. which B. that C. where D. when 7. --- The car ran ______ me quickly. B --- Woe! How dangerous! A. through B. past C. over D. across 8. ---The Fine Art Museum is really interesting. B ---Yes, _______it’s beautiful too. A. but B. and C. so D. or A 9. She’s decided that she ______ married to the man who is twelve years older than her. A. would get B. will get C. got D. had got B 10. ---Could you _____ me your dictionary? ---Sorry. I have left mine at home. But you may ______ one from Tom. A.borrow, lend B. lend, borrow C. borrow, borrow D. lend, lend
B 11. ---I wonder if they ______ a party on the coming Christmas Eve. ---If they______, I am sure they’ll invite us to take part. A.will have, do B. will have, will C. have, do D. have, will B 12. Tony is a rude boy. He never knows ______ in different situations. A. what to speak B. what to say C. what should he say D. to say what 13. “Excuse me, could you tell me where the department store is?” sounds ______ than “Where is the B department store?” A. polite B. more polite C. ruder D. less polite A 14. He is the man _____ we talked just now. A. about whom B. whom C. who D. about that
15. I used to prefer swimming ______ when I was young. A. to skate B. than skating C. to skating D. than skate 16.The young man whose parents died had to make money A by selling newspapers_______continue with his schooling. A. in order to B. so that C. in order that D. in order D 17. I can’t say ______I want to see him again. We haven’t seen each other for a long time. A. how long B. how soon C. how often D. how much D 18 He told us a very funny joke , which ____us pleased. A. let B. helped C. had D. made C 19.The school staff _______in uniforms on weekdays. A. wear B. is dressed up C. are dressed up D. put on C 20. The sweater fits me well, but it is _______ expenive. A. a kind of B. kinds of C. kind of D. a few
汉语翻译成英语。 ---请问去书店怎么走。---乘电梯到二楼，然后右转。 to get
how ---Excuse me, could you please tell me _______ _______ _______ to the bookstore? ---Sure. Take the elevator to the ______ floor and turn right. _______ to 2． 劳驾，你知道附近是否有一个吃饭的地方吗？ Excuse me. Do you know______ ______ ______ a place where there is _______ _______around here? to eat 3． 为了不冒犯别人，了解一些你所在的国家的文化和学习语法或词汇 一样重要。 In _______ _______ to offend people, learning about the ______ order not cultures of the country you are visiting is as important as learning grammar or vocabulary. 4．请问这辆车你多少钱买的？ how _______ spent ______ the car? on Could I know _______much you ______ 5．第一个句子比第二个句子听起来更显礼貌。 The first sentence sounds _______ polite _______ the second one. more _______ than