《9A Unit 4 TV programmes》Welcome教学案
1.太忙了________________________ 2.无事可做 ______________________________
3.睡一点觉 _____________________ 4.从九点到十二点 ________________________
5.控制机器 _____________________ 6一家电视台 ____________________________
7.从远处 _______________________ 8.发送节目 ______________________________
Step 1: Presentation
1.Ask students Do you like watching TV? Do you know who invented TV? Where are the programmes made? They are made in the studio. Present the word “studio”
2.Then explain that after the programmes are made, the workers in the studio station send out the programmes to the audience far away.
3.Explain send out means broadcast.
Step 2: Welcome to the unit
1.Listen What Eddie and Hobo are talking about and answer some questions.
What does Hobo ask Eddie to do? What will Eddie do?
2.Let the students read after the tape.
3.Ask the students to act out
Step 3: Group work
1.Ask the students to work in pairs to complete Part A on page 63.
2.Check the answers.
3.Go through it and explain some important points.
Step 4 Practice
1.To think about TV preferences and different types of TV programmes.
2.Ask the students to complete Part B on page
1. far adv. 在这里起强调作用，表示“很，极，到?地步”；修饰形容词/副词原级时，通常修饰too + 形容词/副词原级
他太累了，走不动了。 He is________ ________ tired ________ ________.
在房间里太热了。It’s __________ __________ __________ in the room.
This TV programme is far more interesting than that one.(有趣得多)
她英语说得远比我好。 She speaks English ________ ________ _________ I.
adj. “远的” e.g. 你学校离家多远？ _______ _______ is it from your school to your home? far away “很远，遥远”e.g. 工人们把节目发送给了远方的观众。
The workers ________ _______ the programmes to the audience _______ _______.
be far(away) from “离---远”
e.g. 太阳离地球很遥远。 The sun is _________ _________ _________the earth.
so far “到目前为止”
e.g. 到目前为止，我已经做了一半。 I’ve done half _________ _________.
2. A dog’s work is never done. 狗的活儿从来都干不完。
be done 被动语态,“被干完”。
e.g. 小轿车在上海制造。 The cars ________ ________ _________ Shanghai.
3. send out programmers on radio or TV通过广播或电视传播节目
send out “发送，传播，发出”
e.g. 太阳能发出光和热。 The sun can_________ ________ ________ and ________.
send for “派人去请” e.g. 请派人去叫医生来 ________ _________ a doctor, please. send up “发射，把?送上去” e.g. 发射一颗卫星 ________ _________ a satellite
send away “送往他处，解雇” e.g. 老板想把汤姆从公司里赶走。
The boss wants to _________ Tom ________ ________ his company.
send? to ? “ ______________” e.g. My friend _______ a postcard ________ me yesterday.
4. something that controls a machine from a distance 从远处控制机器的东西
distance 名词 (1) 表示“远处，远方”
The picture looks better at a distance. 这幅画远看更好一些。
We saw a light ________ _________ __________. 我们看到远处有灯光。
(2) 表示“距离” Keep a safe distance between cars！保持车距！
It’s some (no) distance to the station. 到车站相当远（近）。
It’s a long d__________ from my school to my home. 5．broadcast n.“广播，播音”
an evening broadcast of world news晚上播送的国际新闻节目
v. “广播，播报”过去式: broadcast
e.g. 中央电视台报道国内外新闻 CCTV ________ news at home and _________.
That news _________ _________ on the radio yesterday evening.
6. studio n. “工作室，演播室” a music / movie studio 音乐室/电影制片厂
( ) 1. You look so tired. You’d better have_______ before you go on ________.
A. little sleep; work B. a little sleep; working
C. a few sleep; to work D. few sleep; working ( ) 2. We are going to have an exam ________ next week.
A. some time B. sometime C. some times D. sometimes
( ) 3. Does Amy have a piano lesson _____ 2p.m. and 5p.m. ______ Sunday afternoon?
A. between; on B. from; in C. between; in D. from; at
( ) 4. Kitty sits between _______ and ________.
A. you; me B. you; she C. he; she D. she; me
( ) 5. This book is _______ for a seven-year-old child to read.
A. too much difficult B. too more difficult
C. far too difficult D. more too difficult
( ) 6. Yao Ming is a popular basketball player_______ the Chinese A. among B. for C. between D. with
( ) 7. How long have you _________ the League?
A. joined B. taken part in C. gone in for D. been in
( ) 8.He is ________ tired ________ walk any longer.
A. too far; to B. far too; to C. so; that D. such; that
1. That news was b_________ on the radio yesterday evening. 2. Cheng Daomin is one of the famous film a ___ _ in China. 3. Maybe he is in the s ___ making films.You can go there to have a look.
4. It’s a long d_____________ from my school to my home. 5. We can c___________ our TV sets from a distance now. 6. TV is one of the greatest inventions in the t______________ century.
1. I think the box is too heavy for a child ____________(carry).
2. All the players are busy _____________(prepare) for the coming competition. 3. ---Children today have nothing ____________(worry) about. ---I don’t think so.
4. Be quick! It’s time for us ______________(watch) the news.
5. Don’t worry! Everything is well _____________(do).
6. A studio is a room where TV programmes ______________(make).
7. Do you have anyone ____________(play) with you ?
8. What ________(be) the boy __________(do) when you got to his school ?
9. Shall we __________(go) to the park on Sunday ?
10. He is __________with his homework while I am cooking ________.(busy)
11.It’s far _________(cheap) than that one.
12. He __________ very well in the ____________last Friday (perform).
1. They do their homework from 7:00 to 9:30 every evening.(改为同义句) They do their homework 7:00 9:30 every evening.
2. Shall we discuss the matter later? (改为同义句)
_________ _________ discuss the matter later?
_________ _________ __________ discuss the matter later?
_________ _________ __________ the matter later?
___________ discuss the matter later, _________ _________?
1.我太忙了没有时间陪你去购物。 I am far too busy _______________________________________________________.
2.每个人都有自己最喜爱的节目。 ______________ has _____________________________________ programme.
3.冰太薄了，我们不能在上面滑。The ice is _______ ______ thin for us _____ ______ on.
4.看起来你好像无事可做。It seems that you _______ ______ _______ ______.
_______ _______ ______ _________after lunch is ______ _______ our study in the afternoon.
6.我们可以用遥控器切换电视频道。 We can change TV channels with a _________ __________.
Many children ____1___ in TV shows. They work several hours every day, so they can’t go to a ____2___ school. How do they get their schooling ?
In Hollywood, about forty teachers give lessons to the children. Their work is very ___3_.They make sure that the children ___4__ many different subjects. They make sure, too, that the children get enough ____5__ and play.
Children in Hoollywood must attend classes twenty __6__ each week. If not they can’t ____7___ in TV shows any longer.
TV children are usually good pupils, and most of their teachers like this kind of work. They give the pupils____8____ in many interesting____9___.Sometimes the “classroom” is a Mississippi ____10___. Sometimes it is the inside of a spaceship. Often the pupils become famous stars.