Review the words and the phrases we have learnt.
good→ better → best bad → worse →worst
many →more → most
little → less → least
well→better → best
far→ farther→ farthest
1.glad – more glad – most glad
2.tired – more tired – most tired
3.often-more often- most often 4.pleased – more pleased – most pleased
5.serious-more serious-most serious
6.slowly-more slowly-most slowly 7.famous-more famous-most famous
1. A比B更…， 比较级+than You are shorter than Tom. 2. 两者中较…的：the+比较级+of the two。 He is the fatter of the two. 3. 越来越…：比较级+and+比较级 The earth is getting warmer and warmer. 4. 越…,就越…: the+比较级(主谓),the+比较级(主谓) The more we get together, the happier we’ll be.
5. 两者间进行选择，“哪一个更…”： Which/Who is +比较级，A or B? Which is more popular, cola or ice cream? 6. 比较级前可用程度副词修饰。 两多(much, a lot) 两少(a little, a bit) 两甚至(even, still) 还有一个远(far)去了 I can’t reach my hat in that tree, who can help me? I can. Because I’m much taller than you.
1、---Mr. Zhou, all of the students in our group, who lives ____? ---I think Li Lei does. A. fat B. father C. farthest 2、The Changjiang River is ____ than any other river in China. A. shorter B. longer C. shortest D. longest 3、Bob never dose his homework ____ Mary. He makes lots of mistakes. A. so careful B. as carefully as C. carefully as D. as careful as 4、____ she is, ____ she feels. A. The more busy, the more happy B. The busy, the happy C. Busier, happier D. The busier, the happier 5、The weather is getting w____ a__ w____ .(越来越糟糕) orse nd orse
1.Which do you like ______(well),apples or better oranges? older 2.Who is ______(old),Jim or Tom ?
faster faster 3.Jack is running _____ and ______(fast) . more 4.Our country is becoming ______and more beautiful(beautiful). ___________
the taller 5.He is ________(tall) of the the two boys.
? 单项选择 ? 1. -Let’s buy some cards for our teachers on ? Teachers’ Day. ? -Why not make some by hand? It’s much___. ? A. interesting B. more interesting ? C. the most interesting ? 2. -What a hot day! ? -The weather report says it will be even ___ ? tomorrow. ? A. cooler B. hot C. hotter
3.-Remember this, John. ___ careful you are, ____ mistakes you will take. -Thanks, Miss Rose. A. The more; the
less B. The more; the fewer C. The less; the fewer 4.This blue bike is too expensive. Could you show me a ____ one? A. cheap B. cheaper C. better 5.It is ____ to teach a kid the way to solve a problem than tell him the solution directly(直 接地). A. helpful B. more helpful C. the most helpful
? 6.This reading is not ____ that one. A. as easier as B. so easy than C. as easy as ? 7.Who is _____, Ann or Mary? A. thinnest B. thin C. thinner ? 8.The girl is becoming ______. A. more beautiful and more beautiful B. much beautiful C. more and more beautiful ? 9.Ann is _____ of the two. A. taller B. tallest C. the taller
10. It has the ________ clothing store in town. A. goodest B. gooddest C. best D. better 11. This clothing store is ____ than that one. A. bad B. worse C. the worst D. worst 12. This book is ____ of all. A. cheapest B. cheap C. cheaper D. the cheapest 13. This is one of ____ films of this year. A. more exciting B. exciting C. the most exciting D. most exciting. 14. This watch is ____ than that one. A. much expensive B. expensiver C. more expensiver D. much more expensive
Find out the mistakes in the sentences below. 1. All of us felt happily at her birthday happy party. 2. I am more older than Harry. much
yours. 3. Her coat is newer than you.
that 4. The weather in Beijing is colder than in ∧ Xiamen. tallest 5. Sue is one of the tall girls in her class.
2 5 8
1. A friend is easier lost than found.
朋友易失不易得。 知足常乐。 说得好不如干得好。
2. Enough is as good as a feast.
3. Better to do well than to say well.
4. Better the last smile than the first laughter. 宁可最后微笑，不可首先狂喜。 5. Doing is better than saying. 6. Two heads are better than one. 7. Good to begin well, better to end well. 8. An eye finds more truth than two ears. 行动重于言语 两人智慧胜一人。 善始好，善终更佳。
2.这便是我喜欢看书而且在班里学习更加努力 的原因 3.朋友就像书，不在多而贵在好。 4.我并不十分在乎我的朋友跟我一样或与我不 同。 5.一个真正的朋友是在需要时时给你帮助，使 你感动。 6.我知道她关心我，因为她随时都能够听我倾 诉。