Unit 12 You’re supposed to shake hands.
1. be supposed to do =should do 应该/被期望做某事
2. shake hands (with)sb 握手 shake-shoke-shaken
3. should have done sth.“情态动词＋现在完成时”表示过去本该做某事，事实上没有做 4. be relaxed about sth.对某事随意、不严格
5. make plans to do -- plan to do. 打算做某事 plan on doing
6. drop by 顺便拜访 drop in on sb 顺便走访某人 drop by one's home =drop in at+地点 visit sb 拜访 come over to
7. invite sb. to do sth. 邀请某人做某事Sb. be invited to do sth….被邀请做某事。
8. go out of one’s way to do 特意，专门做某事
make sb. feel at home使某人感到宾至如归
9. make mistakes 犯错误（复数）make a mistake 犯错误（一个）
10. can’t stop/help doing 忍不住做某事 can’t wait to do sth. 迫不及待地做某事
11. learn sth. by oneself= teach oneself 自学
12. point to / at …. 指着…13. be important to sb. 对某人来说非常重要
14．after all 毕竟 first of all 首先 15．pick sth. up 捡起、拾起
16. make noise 发出令人不愉快的声音、制造噪音17. table manners 餐桌礼仪
18. be/get used to sth/doing 习惯于… used to do 过去常常做… be used to do被用于做… be used for doing 被用于做…
19. greet sb (in a right /wrong way ) 以（正确/错误的方式）问侯某人
20. different customs 不同的风俗 21. the land of sth /watches ?王国
22. wipe one's mouth(s) with the napkin(s)用纸巾擦嘴
eat with hands 用手抓着吃 talk at the table 在餐桌上讲话 pick up one's bowl of rice 端起饭碗 start eating first 先开始吃
make noise while eating 吃时发出声音
stick chopsticks into the food 用筷子插进食物里
point at sb with the chopsticks用筷子指向某人
eat or drink while walking down the street 边走边喝
put the hands in/on one's lap 把手放在大腿上
23. be full of sth be filled with sth 充满/装满… fill…with…
24. happen to sb 某人发生…. sth. take place in swh. 某处发生
25. give sb compliments 称赞sb 26.toast sb=make a toast to sb 向sb敬酒
27. be unfamiliar to sb 为某人所熟悉的 be unfamiliar with sth. 对…熟悉
28.Questions crowded my mind . 我脑袋里充满问题 be crowded with ...挤满了…
29.take out the rubbish /garbage/litter/trash 把垃圾拿出去
30. seek sb/sth 寻找sb.\sth 31.form good habits 养成好习惯
32. have online conversations with friends 和朋友上网聊天
33. combine A to B 把A和B结合 34.at the proper/right time 在合适的时间
35. show the emotion you are feeling 把你正感觉着的感情表现出来
36. send an e-mail to sb 给某人发送电子邮件 e-mail English 电子邮件英语
37.cut in line = jump in a queue 插队 wait in line = wait in a queue 排队等待
38.arrive a bit / a little late 迟到一点点
39. get/be angry with sb. 对sb生气 get/be angry at sth 对某事生气
40. wear the wrong clothes 穿错衣服 41.be excited about sth. 对sth很激动
42. leave for + 目的地 离开去某地. 43.what's more 而且，另外 44. be allowed to do sth. 被允许做sth Sb allow doing sth 某人允许做某事
45. find/feel it+adj.+to do sth. 发现\感觉做sth…
46. give sb. lesson on sth.给sb上关于…的课 47. make faces 做鬼脸
48.be made in + 地点 由某地制造 be made of / from 由….制成
49. in a/the traditional way 用传统的方法
50. send a message to sb. on a mobile phone 用手机发短息给sb
51. written English书面英语 52. introduce sb to sb介绍某人给人
1. You’re supposed to shake hands.
2. You should have asked what you’re supposed to wear.
3. Spending time with friends and family is very important to us.
4. It’s very important to be on time.
5. We usually plan to do something interesting.
6. They go out of their way to make me feel at home.
7. My biggest challenge is learning how to behave at the dinner table.
8. I find it difficult to remember everything.
9. I don’t find them so strange any more.
10. People can use their computers to talk to each other. 11. Using e-mail English helps you write quickly.
1.be supposed to do sth.表示应该做某事的其他表达方式在中考中会出现。
4.be used to sth. 与be used for (as)等的用法。
Where I’ m from, we’re pretty _________ (relax) about time. If you tell a friend you’re going to their house for dinner, it’s okay if you arrive a bit late. _________ (spend) time with family and friends is very important to us. We often just drop by our _________ (friend) home. We don’t usually have to make plans _________ (meet) our friends. Often we just walk around the town center, seeing as many of our friends as we can.
In _________ (Swiss), it’s very important to be on time. We‘re the land of _________ (watch), after all! If someone _________ (invite) you to meet them at 4:00, you have to be there at 4:00. If you are even fifteen minutes _________ (late), your friends may get angry. Also, we never visit a friend’s house _________ (with) calling first. We usually make plans to see friends. We usually plan to do something _________ (interest), or go somewhere together.
Thank you for your message. Yes, I’m having a great time on my exchange program in France. It’s even _________ (good) than I thought it would be. I was a bit nervous before I arrived here, but there was no reason to be. My host family is really nice. They go out of their way to make me _________ (feel) at home. And you _________ (believe) how _________(quick) my French has improved! I’m very comfortable _________ (speak) French now. Although I still make lots of mistakes, it doesn’t bother me like it used to. My _________(big) challenge is learning how to behave at the dinner table. As you can imagine, things are really different from the way they are at home. For example, you are _________ (suppose) to eat anything with your hands except bread, not even fruit! You have to cut it up and eat it with a fork.) Another thing is that it is very rude to say you are full. If you _________ (want) any more food, you should always keep your hands, but not your elbows, on the table. I have to say, I find it difficult _________ (remember) everything, but I’m gradually _________ (get) used to things and don’t find them so strange any more. I will write soon and tell you more about life in France. Hope you are having a good school year.