第I卷 客观题部分 （计80分）
1. What would the boy like to do this weekend?
2. What is the girl’s favourite subject?
3. What is the animal sign of the girl?
4. What does the girl want to be?
5. What will Jenny do first?
A. Wash the clothes． B. Visit pandas．
6. What did the boy wear?
A. A red jumper． B. A red sweater．
7. How much does one glass of lemonade cost?
A. $20． B. $3．
8. What do the speakers think of Timmy?
A. He is generous． B. He is selfish．
9. What does the boy advise the girl to do?
A. To do some exercises.
B. To listen to some light music.
C. To have a good sleep.
第1页（共8页） C. C. C. C. C. Do her homework． C. Blue jeans． C. $8． C. He is humorous．
10. What makes the man look much better?
A. A pair of black shoes． B. A pair of green shoes． C. A pair of red shoes 第二部分 听对话和短文回答问题（计10分，每小题1分）
11. What do they know about Yunnan?
A. It’s a large place with many people.
B. It’s a nice place.
C. It’s too far away.
12. How will they get more information about the travel?
A. By going to the travel agency.
B. By reading newspapers.
C. By watching TV.
14. A. round B. square C. flat
15. A. teacher B. programmer C. social worker
16. What do Kate and Peter like?
A. Studying B. Sports C. Weather report.
17 When are they going to have a trip?
A. On Friday B. On Sunday C. On Saturday and Sunday
18. What season is it according to this passage?
A. Summer B. Winter C. Autumn.
19. What’s the weather like on Sunday?
A. It is sunny. B. It is cloudy C. It is snowy
20. What time is it when they listen to the weather report?
A. 6:30 B. 7:30 C. 8:30
21. ---Look! There is beautiful rainbow in the sky．
---Wow, it’s so beautiful. I’ rainbow before it disappears．
A. a; the B. the; a C. the; the D. a; a
22. ---It’s clever _____ you to help me work out this difficult maths problem. Thanks.
--- You are welcome. Now it’s easier ______ you to understand it.
A. of; of B. of; for C. for; of D. for; for
23. ---There was hardly anything left after the earthquake, ______?
---______. People had to rebuild their houses.
A. wasn’t there; Yes B. was there; No C. wasn’t there; No D. was there; Yes
24. My mother asked me to go shopping yesterday. In this sentence" to go shopping" is_____．
A．Object B．Predicative C．Adverbial D. Object complement
25. Daniel was ___________ a bad mood and couldn’t find anybody to ___________.
A. on; tell about B. on; talk with C. in; talk to D. in; tell with
26. _________Jimmy knows he may fail, ________he will still try.
A. Though; but B. Though; / C. But; though D. But; /
27. These broken pieces of plates don’t fit together, they ___________ parts of different ones.
A. can’t be B. can be C. mustn’t be D. must be
28. You seem ___________. What are you____________?
A. worries; worrying about B. worry; worried about
C. worried; worrying about D. worried; worry about
29. We must be strict _________ our work and strict _________ ourselves.
A. with; in B. in; with C. in; in D. with; with
30. I wanted to buy a copy of The Youth, but there was _______ left in the bookshop. _______has just bought the last one.
A. no one; Everybody B. something; Nobody C. anyone; Somebody D. none; Somebody
31. ---I don’t know _______. Can you help me? ---I think you should calm down and read texts.
A. how to do B. what to do it C. what to do D. when to do
good time we had at the party last night!
---Yes. It was A. What; so B. How; such C. What a; such an D. How a; so an
33. ---There is no doubt _______ he will come tomorrow.
---But I doubt _______ he will come here on time.
A. that; that B. if; that C. whether; that D. that; if
34. Our Maths teacher always makes his class _____ . And we’re never tired of his class.
A. lively and interested B. lively and interesting
C. alive and interested D. alive and interesting
35. ---Thank you, Mille and Kitty. It was kind of you to help me with my lessons. ---- _________.
A. With pleasure. B. Better not. C. Of course not D. It’s our pleasure.
The United States is full of automobiles (机动车). There are still many families without cars. But some families have two or They are a part of life.
parts of the city, they have to drive in order to necessities.
Sometimes, small children must be driven to . In some cities, school buses are used only when more than a mile from the school. When the children are to walk that far, their parents driving them to school. drives on Mondays, taking her children and the neighbors' children as well. Another mother drives on Tuesdays, another on Wednesdays and so on. This a car pool (拼车). they work.
More car pools should be formed in order to put is a great problem, and so is the traffic in and around cities. Too many cars are being driven. Something should be done about the use of cars.
36. A. even B. much C. little D. such
37. A. great B. necessary C. proper D. possible
38. A. families B. business C. education D. farms
39. A. get to B. look for C. find out D. use up
40. A. same B. different C. every D. each
41. A. catch B. create C. cover D. carry
42. A. cities B. schools C. parks D. gardens
43. A. move B. study C. live D. work
44. A. small B. big C. young D. old
45. A. money B. time C. pride D. turns
46. A. parent B. child C. way D. car
47. A. call B. calling C. to call D. called
48. A. where B. that C. which D. when
49. A. more B. fewer C. many D. less
50. A. Driving B. Running C. Parking D. Forming
51. If visitors cannot see the animals, the animals may be______.
A. playing B. eating C. acting D. sleeping
52. Jack is eight years old. He goes to the zoo with his 58-year-old grandfather．How much should
they pay for visiting the zoo?
A. $18. B. $22. C. $28. D. $32.
53. What should we do in order not to frighten the animals?
A. We should ride bikes. B. We should keep quiet.
C. Ｗe should feed the animals. D. We should keep the zoo clean.
The first English week at our school started on May 4th, 2009. The whole school was filled with an English learning atmosphere. A series of activities was held. There were handwriting activities, story writing, English songs, role playing in English, and so on, all the teachers and students were very happy. They spoke English, sang English songs and enjoyed all the activities. Handwriting was for the students in lower grades. Although most of them couldn’t write so well, they were all very careful about it. In the show window, there were a lot of colorful handwritten papers. They copied some articles from books or newspapers. And then they decorated(装饰) them with pictures in different colors, and some even put their own photos on them. How cute and lovely they looked!
Story writing was for students in Grade 7 and Grade 8. These students are always fond of
cartoons, so they got interested in this activity. Reading the stories they made up, all the visitors couldn’t help speaking highly of them.
The most important event was the English show on the last day. The students and teachers
presented (上演 One week is not very long, but all the students and teachers learned a lot. Just as the headmaster said, “It is a helpful week. It will certainly lead us to enjoy and learn more from our English studies.”
54. In this passage, the English week is described as__________.
A. surprising B. boring C. enjoyable D. serious
55. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. All the students took part in the handwriting contest (比赛).
B. The story writing contest was for students in Grade 7 and Grade 8.
C. The English show was the most important event.
D. Teachers also took part in the English week.
56. What does the underlined word “applause” probably mean?
A. Noise B. Cheer C. Sound D. Music
57. What does the writer probably want to tell us at the end of the passage?
A. The activities are a good way to learn English.
B. Students usually don’t like English.
C. The activities last longer.
D. Learning English in the classroom is invaluable.
Paul and I live in the same building. His room is on the sixth floor but mine is on the fifth.
He’s very careless and sometimes he gets into trouble.
Last Friday afternoon the young man and his friends went to spend the weekend on a wild
island. They could swim, fish, play the guitar and sleep in the quiet place at night. They enjoyed themselves there and could do anything they wanted. On the third morning they decided to get back to the land. But their boat hit a rock and soon went down. With the villagers’ help, they swam to the bank. Luckily none of them was hurt. They took a taxi and half an hour later they arrived at our town, but it was two in the night. The young man was hungry and thirsty. He wished to get home as soon as possible. Something was wrong with the lift, so he had to go up the stairs. He stopped by my door and brought out a key. Of course he could not open the door. Half an hour passed but he failed. He became angry and shouted, “I’ll cut you down with a knife!”
The noise woke me up and I opened the door. I understood at once what was happening and
said, “You’re trying to open a wrong door, Paul!”
“Sorry, I can’t agree with you, Charlie!” said the young man, “It’s my room. You’ve entered it
58. Paul and his friends enjoyed themselves on the island because ______.
A. It was very quiet there B. there were many fish there
C. they could forget all the trouble D. they could do what they wanted
59. Paul couldn’t open the door because ______.
A. it wasn’t his room B. he couldn’t find the right key
C. he didn’t find the keyhole D. he was too hungry to do it 60. Charlie opened the door to ______.
A. help Paul B. stop Paul making the noise
C. see what happened outside D. call the police station
61. Which of the following is WRONG?
A. Paul thought he did right. B. Paul didn’t know where he lived.
C. Paul stopped by a door on the fifth floor. D. Paul thought he had reached the sixth
If you could see a movie of your life before you lived it, would you want to live it? Probably not. The excitement of living is that you don’t know what’s coming.
Sure, it’s hard to see uncertainty(不确定) in such positive（积极的）light when you’re out of work, or when you feel like you’re failing. But uncertainty is really another word for chance.
When Allison graduated from Harvard, she had chances all over the place but had no idea what she wanted to do. She took a job in consulting（咨询）, but she knew she wouldn’t stay there. She took the GRE and scored so high that she was able to increase her income（收入）by teaching students. Still, she didn’t think she wanted to go to graduate school（研究院）. Allison knew she wasn’t doing what she wanted, but she didn’t know what she wanted.
She worried. All her friends were going to graduate school or starting their own businesses. She was lost and felt that she would never find anything out. After six years, Allison, by having a general（全面的）plan in mind, got married, moved to the Midwest, and used her consulting experience to get a great job. Allison realized that she spent her years finding her way: time well spent.
The only way to lead an interesting life is to face uncertainty. Otherwise your life is not your own—it is a path someone else has chosen. Moments of uncertainty are when you create your life, when you become who you are. Uncertainty usually begins with a job hunt, but it doesn’t end there. Every new role we take on means another round of uncertainty. Instead of fearing it, you should find some ways to deal with uncertainty.
62. From the first two paragraphs, we can learn that .
A. being out of work is a sad thing
B. uncertainty is what makes life interesting
C. life in a film is more exciting than real life
D. chance never appears when we need it
63. What troubles Allison after graduation?
A. She couldn’t find a well-paid job.
B. She had no money to start a business.
C. She was not sure what to do.
D. She didn’t score high enough for graduate school.
64. How did Allison feel about her six years’ working experience?
A. Uncertain. B. Amazed. C. Sorry. D. Satisfied.
65. What may be discussed in the following paragraph?
A. How to deal with uncertainty.
B. What role uncertainty plays in life.
C. Why people fear uncertainty.
D. Whom to go to when facing uncertainty.
66. He will know the result of the exam _______(大约)the middle of the month.
67. Don’t be_______ (耐心的)! Please think about what I said first.
68. Jack is very busy. Has he (回答)to your last e-mail?
69. Can you spend some time (解释)the project to us in detail?
70. The Chinese Ping-pong team won all of the four gold medals __________(成功) in the 30th Olympic Games in London.
71. The boring speech makes the little boy feel _________ (sleep).
72. Wearing red can help you when you have trouble in making _______ (decide).
73. The whole class is____________ (divide)into four groups．
74. We’ve missed the last bus! I’m afraid we have no __________(choose) but to take a taxi.
75. Don’t keep your worries to ．
Beggars are often seen sitting under blankets as people walk past them in Cambridge’s market center. Some ask passers-by(路人) for change and some just sit and wait to be given money． To solve the problem of begging, an “alternative giving” plan has been suggested. Ten blue money boxes will be placed in busy places such as the market and the railway station. The aim is to encourage people not to give money directly(直接地) to beggars but instead to give generously to the local people who are homeless．
Different people have different opinions. Supporters of this plan think it will be a good way to solve the beggars’ alcohol and drug problems(酗酒和吸毒). But the police don’t support it. They argue that beggars who do not receive cash（现金）may turn to criminality( 犯罪). The homeless charity “Crisis” said the success of any plan will depend on its style. They think that imaginative and positive(积极的) plans can help create local understanding and sympathy（同情心）. Most of the beggars don’t like the plan because they think they will not get enough money from the boxes for their showers, food, and clothes.
Begging is a big social problem both in developing and developed countries. Governments must play a big role in working out this problem. Training beggars to work and helping them to find jobs is a good way. This is true for developing countries where many simple jobs exist. People should also be educated to see beggars not as dirty and dangerous, but as people who need
Making friends is a skill like other skills. It improves with practice. If you want to meet people friends, you must be willing to take some actions.
there are many people. You won’t make friends staying at home. things as you do. Or .
It’s human nature to feel a bit unhappy about the unknown. Most of our fears come from doubts about ourselves. forget they must be feeling the same way. Try to accept
yourself as you are, and try to put the other person at ease（自由自在）. You’ll both you don’t feel that way. When you enter a room of strangers, walk straight, look directly at them and smile. Meeting someone new doesn’t mean that you will make friends because friendship is based on mutual liking（基于互相喜欢） and “give and take”to develop.
My name is Liu Xing. I’m a Grade 9 student in No 2 Middle School.
I hope to hear from you soon.