Unit 4 What’s the best movie theater?
第3课时 Section B 1a～1e
1. 理解并掌握下列词汇：creative, performer。
2. 理解并掌握下列重点句子:（1）I couldn’t stop laughing!
(2) --Wasn’t she creative? –Yeah, I’d say she was the most creative act！
1. My cousin Li Jing is the funniest person I know. 我表妹李晶是我所认识的最有趣的人。
2. the most boring 最无聊的
【举例】（1）He is the most boring man I know. 他是我所认识的最烦闷的人。
（2）This movie is more boring than that one. 这部电影比那部无聊。
（1）Which subject is ________ , English, math or Chinese?
A. boring B. more boring C. the most boring D. the boringest
3. I couldn’t stop laughing. 我忍不住大笑。
【解读】stop laughing意为“停止大笑”。stop的用法有：stop doing sth. ―停止做某事‖； stop to do sth. ―停下来去做某事‖。
【举例】（1）It’s going to rain. Let’s stop working and go home. 天要下雨了，我们停止工作回家吧。
（2）The bell is ringing. Let’s stop to have a class. 铃响了，我们停下来上课吧。
（1）--Why did you stop ________ ?
--We want to listen to you sing a song.
A. sing B. singing C. to sing D. sings
(2) The teacher came into the classroom and all the students stopped ________ .
A. having the class B. to have the class C. have the class D. to having the class
Girl 1: ________ that a great talent show?
Girl 2: Yeah！
Girl 1: Who did you think was the best ________?
Girl 2: Oh, I thought Eliza was the best. She’s an excellent ________ player.
Girl 1: Yeah, she’s great. And I thought Steve and his dog were the________.
Girl 2: Me, too! I couldn’t stop________! And how about Vera? Wasn’t she creative?
Girl 1: Yeah, I’d say she was the most________ act! I don’t know many people who can play
the ________ upside down!
Girl 2: Who did you think was the worst?
Girl 1: Oh, Dennis! He was ________! He kept dropping the balls!
Girl 2: I know!
Girl 1: What did you ________ of The Math Teachers?
Girl2: Well, they were the ________ for sure!
1. Wasn’t that a great school ______ (talented) show?
2. In our class, Jane is the ______ (quiet) student, but Jim is the loudest one.
3. Who is the ______ (win) in the singing competition?
4. Gina ______ (true) likes to help others.
5. Everyone at the party ______ (be) having fun now.
6. They enjoyed ______ (watch) the TV play.
7. You can see some good ______ (perform) on the show.
8. Peter is the ______ (fun) person I know.
9. I think the picture is the most ______ (creative) .
1. Kate was the best ______ in the school talent show last night.
A. doctor B. performer C. teacher D. worker
2. Lucy’s math is bad, but Lily’s is______ .
A. bader B. badly C. worse D. the worst
3. In the school party, John’s ―Angry Birds‖ became ______ clothing of all.
A. the more creative B. the most creative C. the very creative D. creative
4. I think this book is ______ useful than that one.
A. much more B. much C. a little D. very
5. --Why do you want to buy clothes in Teen World? --______ .
A. Because it’s the farthest B. Because it has the worst service
C. Because it has the best quality D. Because it is the most delicious
6. The weather gets ______ in summer.
A. hotter and hot B. hottest and hottest C. hotter and hotter D. hot and hottest
7. Kate is the youngest ______ the three girls.
A. in B. of C. than D. at
8. --______ do you think is the best performer? --I’m not sure. Maybe Jim is.
A. What B. Who C. How
9. –Who sings better, Linda or Jane？
--I think Linda sings ______ Jane.
A. as good as B. less than C. as well as D. more than
10. Dear students, please read every sentence carefully. The more ______ you are, the______ mistakes you’ll make.
A. carefully; fewer B. careful; less C. careful; fewer D. carefully; less
Unit 4 What’s the best movie theater?
第4课时 Section B 2a～2e
1. 理解并掌握下列词汇：talent, common, have…… in common, all kinds of, beautifully, be up to, role, play a role, winner, prize, everybody, make up, example, for example, poor, seriously, take……seriously, give。 2. 理解并掌握下列重点句子：（1）It’s always interesting to watch other people show their talents. (2) Talent shows are getting more and more popular. (3) That’s up to you to decide. (4) And one great thing about them is that they give people a way to make their dreams come true.
一、听录音，模仿朗读词汇表中P.29单词：talent～give共11个。 ◆现在我能流利朗读 个单词。
1. It’s always interesting to watch other people show their talents. 看别人展示他们的才能总是有趣的。
【解读1】本句为不定式做主语，不定式做主语时常用it作形式主语，而将真正的主语放在句末，其结构为It’s +adj+for sb+to do sth。
【举例】（1）It’s hard for me to dance well. 对我来说跳好舞是困难的。 【解读2】watch为感官动词，意为“观看；注视”，其后可以接动名词也可接动词原形作宾语补足语。但有区别，watch sb.do sth.表示“观看某人做某事”，所做的事为经常发生或已做过的事情；watch sb. doing sth.表示“观看某人正在做某事”，强调所做的事正在进行中。
同watch 这种结构一样的还有：see, look at, notice, hear等动词。
【举例】（1）I often hear my sister sing songs in her room. 我经常听见我妹妹在房间里唱歌。
（2）Listen! I hear her singing songs now. 听！我听见她正在唱歌呢。
（1）He loves to watch the young people________ basketball every evening.
A. play B. playing C. to play D. plays
(2) –Is Jack in the library? --Maybe. I saw him ________ out with some books just now.
A. going B. go C. to go D. went
2. Talent shows are getting more and more popular. 才艺表演变得越来越流行。
【解读1】talent shows 意为“才艺表演”。talent 是名词，其形容词为talented, 意为“有才干的”。
【举例】（1）She is a talented performer. I often watch her talent show. 她是个有才能的表演者，我经常观看她的才艺表演。
【解读2】本句为现在进行时态，get在此表示“变得”，为系动词，其后接形容词作表语；more and more popular 意为“越来越受欢迎”。 形容词比较级重复使用，中间用“and”连接，意为“越来越……”。
【举例】（1）The hole is getting bigger and bigger. 这个洞变得越来越大了。
（2）The population problem is becoming more and more serious. 人口问题正变得越来越严重。
(1) She is really a ______ girl and often shows her great ______ in the school play.
A. talented; talented B. talented; talent C. talent; talented D. talent; talent
(2)We hope our life can get ________ .
A. best and best B. better and better C. good and good D. well and well
3. That’s up to you to decide. When people watch the show, they usually play a role in deciding the winner. 那由你来决定。当人们观看表演时，他们通常在决定获胜者方面发挥作用。
【解读1】That’s/It’s up to sb. to do sth.表示“由某人决定干某事”。常用于口语交际中。
【举例】--What would you like for dinner? —晚饭吃什么？
--That’s up to you. –由你来定。
【解读2】play a role in sth./doing sth.意为“在……方面发挥作用”。
【举例】Tom played a role in the basketball match. 汤姆在这场篮球比赛中发挥了作用。
（1）谁可以参加莉莉的生日聚会，那要由她来决定。Who can join Lily’s birthday party? That’s ________ to her ________ ________ .
Do you think a good teacher will ______ a ______ ______ our grades?
Everyone is good at ______, but some people are ______talented. It’s always interesting to watch other people ______ their talents. Talent shows are getting more and ______ popular. All these shows have one thing in ______: They try to look for the best singers, the most ______ dancers, the most exciting magicians, the funniest actors and so on. That’s ______to you to ______ who’s the winner. Some people enjoy watching these shows. ______, some think the lives of the performers are______ ______. But if you don’t take them too ______, they are ______to watch. One great thing is that they give people a way to make their dreams ______ ______.